Photo

Ascalon's quest pack?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ciswind

Ciswind
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:04 AM

In BWS (stable) installation, BG1 quest mods are installed. One of them is called:  

Ascalon's Quest Pack I: The Serpents of Abbathor Part 1

While I enjoy this mod on so many levels, I find that there are very few discussion of the mod.

When I was doing a walkthrough search, all links direct to German forum. 

So now I ended the chapter with the quest item because I can't find the quest giver to return it. 

If anyone help me find more information on this mod I would appreciate that. 

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

In BWS (stable) installation, BG1 quest mods are installed. One of them is called:  

While I enjoy this mod on so many levels, I find that there are very few discussion of the mod.

So now I ended the chapter with the quest item because I can't find the quest giver to return it. 

The mod is originally a german mod just recently translated. What exactly do you mean with *I ended the chapter with the quest item*?

Are you at the bottom of the Nashkel Mines once again?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Ciswind

Ciswind
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

The mod is originally a german mod just recently translated. What exactly do you mean with *I ended the chapter with the quest item*?

Thanks for the quick response! 

Yes I get to the bottom and killed Lugosch.

I got out of the mine with the Dwarven Artifact and spoke to Emerson. 

Now I am lost since I have both the diary of Lugosch and the artifact but no one to claim towards. 

All entries related to the quest in the journal are erased as well. (They can't even be found from finished quest page.)

Edited by Ciswind, 18 January 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

Now I am lost since I have both the diary of Lugosch and the artifact but no one to claim towards. 

All entries related to the quest in the journal are erased as well. (They can't even be found from finished quest page.)

Actually this is the end. There should have been some textscreen down in the mines (it sometimes fails to show) to tell you, that the quest is over but the mystery remains unsolved.

I always had the impression that some sequel may have been planned but never done - the mod author went to create Breagar NPC instead (only available in German until now).

The Sandrah Saga

#5 Ciswind

Ciswind
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

Actually this is the end. There should have been some textscreen down in the mines (it sometimes fails to show) to tell you, that the quest is over but the mystery remains unsolved.

I always had the impression that some sequel may have been planned but never done - the mod author went to create Breagar NPC instead (only available in German until now).

So it has the same fate as the Grey Clan I assume. 

Anyways, it is an enjoyable mod overall. I will stuff the items into the pack mule then. 

Problem solved! Thank you! 

#6 -Wise Grimwald-

-Wise Grimwald-

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

My problem was in finding the house in the quest given by Geraldo the Magnificent.

The writer of the mod said that the house was to the west, when it was to the east. Probably a mistranslation from the German. frowning.png

If anyone else can't find the house, look to east of where you met him.

#7 -Brokenkatana-

-Brokenkatana-

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:35 PM

Is there a place to download the Breagar NPC mod in English?

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Is there a place to download the Breagar NPC mod in English?

I have never seen an english version of the mod even if it was announced to be translated long ago.

I always had to use the german one (training my rusty knowledge of the language) .

In case find an english version, that would be interesting.

My latest information is that the

- AC quest mod from the same author is available in english

- AC Breagar is german only

Edited by Roxanne, 08 October 2017 - 11:44 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 -Brokenkatana-

-Brokenkatana-

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

Thanks. I found the mod, looks like the English files exist in the mod, they just don't connect when English is selected as the language. Sadly correcting that is beyond my mod editing ability at the moment. 

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

Thanks. I found the mod, looks like the English files exist in the mod, they just don't connect when English is selected as the language. Sadly correcting that is beyond my mod editing ability at the moment. 

Could you post the link, someone might take a look.

The Sandrah Saga

#11 -Brokenkatana-

-Brokenkatana-

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

The Github address is

https://github.com/whiteagnus/ACBre

#12 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:34 AM

For Ascalon's Questpack, please use this version instead: https://kerzenburg.b...ead.php?t=44450

It's still labeled as beta but it addresses a lot of bugs still present in White Agnus' version.

For Ascalon's Breagar, there is an updated beta version, too, but it's not available in English. The translation that was available is very poor and hard to understand at times. The new (German) Breagar version is here: https://kerzenburg.b...ead.php?t=43850 (Use the "Download Version 7.0" link.) Approximately half of the tra files are in English now (included in teh package). Translation goes slowly as there is no-one actively doing it currently.

Edited by jastey, 09 October 2017 - 05:38 AM.

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

END

Edited by Roxanne, 08 November 2017 - 01:10 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#14 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

-

Edited by Roxanne, 08 November 2017 - 01:10 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#15 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

The 2.01 is officially still in testing, but it's definietly less buggy than the former one.

#16 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

The 2.01 is officially still in testing, but it's definietly less buggy than the former one.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 November 2017 - 01:09 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#17 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

Great! Thank you very much!

There were some minor things but if you say you didn't encounter any bugs then that's even better. The mod was in pretty good shape, yes (especially with the BWPFixpack fixes.) Version 2.01 included all of those and has an official English version.

#18 rodcaelum

rodcaelum
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:04 PM

When I was doing a crossword solver sip calculator epfo

walkthrough search, all links direct to German forum. 

The writer of the mod said that the house was to the west, when it was to the east. Probably a mistranslation from the German. frowning.png

Edited by rodcaelum, 11 October 2019 - 08:27 PM.

#19 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:24 AM

Thanks, this is fixed either in the current version or at least locally for the next