Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:29 AM

Riatavin component is done

Onset of the Darkest Day component (Cyric Quest) is done

Robilard component is done

I'll publish a version next week  ;)

However, I dig Robilard code and find nothing about his Quest #4 and Quest #5 (i.e. after Host Tower Mages encounter); does someone has a clue about them other that what is in the walkthrough?

I can only confirm what is in the walkthrough, those encounters happen randomly if you keep the guy long enough in the party - only, there is no real quest, just you being ambushed from time to time.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#22 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:10 AM

I check again, nothing about these ghosts.

Could you give me just a text they say or their name? So I could have their dialog, then their deathvar then scripts where they appear...

#23 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:40 AM

I check again, nothing about these ghosts.

Could you give me just a text they say or their name? So I could have their dialog, then their deathvar then scripts where they appear...

Here is the code added to Baldur.bcs to trigger the events

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#24 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:50 AM

what is this madness :o 7 out of 8 blocks have InParty("Robilard"), so why they are added to global script instead of Robilard Override script? Even that eight block without this trigger is filtered in a way that is only true when he is in party, so all of these should go to local script. These blocks don't even use InPartyAllowDead, so it's pointless. Global script should be the last resort when there is no other way to achieve something, not script that we append every junk into.

Edited by K4thos, 07 February 2016 - 04:53 AM.

#25 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:55 AM

what is this madness :o 7 out of 8 blocks have InParty("Robilard"), so why they are added to global script instead of Robilard Override script? Even that eight block without this trigger is filtered in a way that is only true when he is in party, so all of these should go to local script. These blocks don't even use InPartyAllowDead, so it's pointless. Global script should be the last resort when there is no other way to achieve something, not script that we append every junk into.

This is what I wanted to point out by underlining Baldur.bcs - if you want to ressurect the guy (why?) then you should avoid this kind of coding and put it into his own script instead.

The Sandrah Saga

#26 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

IF
Global("Robilardattack01","GLOBAL",6)
GlobalTimerExpired("robishowdown","GLOBAL")
InParty("robilard")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Robilardattack01","GLOBAL",7)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("robimov1") // Create the 2 Host Tower Mage (Quest #3)
END

IF
InParty("robilard")
Dead("robend01")
Dead("robend02")
Global("Robilardattack01","GLOBAL",7)
!Dead("robilard")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Robilardattack01","GLOBAL",8)
ActionOverride("robilard",StartDialog("endedrob",Player1)) // Give Robilard his 300 000xp
END

Then no more timer, no more encounter/quest/ambush.
Maybe the walkthrough is wrong and they were encounters from other mods.

@K4thos, @Roxanne: about madness coding, yeah, this was the old fashion style; nevermind, you are welcome to make it better  :)

#27 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:48 AM

IF
InParty("robilard")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartCutSceneMode()
END

IF
InParty("robilard")
Dead("robend01")
Dead("robend02")
!Dead("robilard")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Robilardattack01","GLOBAL", 8)
ActionOverride("robilard",StartDialog("endedrob",Player1)) // Give Robilard his 300 000xp
END

@K4thos, @Roxanne: about madness coding, yeah, this was the old fashion style; nevermind, you are welcome to make it better  :)

Most likely those encounters come from another mod - I remember having had them, but there was no relation visible with respect to Robilard - you have him in party and get ambushed at times, so probably we associated other encounters also with him. There is nothing in the code connecting him with those others (# 4 + #5)-

The Sandrah Saga

#28 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

IF
InParty("robilard")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartCutSceneMode()
END

IF
InParty("robilard")
Dead("robend01")
Dead("robend02")
!Dead("robilard")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Robilardattack01","GLOBAL", 8)
END

Most likely those encounters come from another mod - I remember having had them, but there was no relation visible with respect to Robilard - you have him in party and get ambushed at times, so probably we associated other encounters also with him. There is nothing in the code connecting him with those others (# 4 + #5)-

Just put the revised code into Robilard.baf (bcs) and delete the addition to baldur.bcs

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#29 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:58 AM

I've done this already  ;) , but there should have a lot of code improvement to do

We can add you to Github if you wish

#30 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

I am reporting my experience and findings with the megamods from my playthrough of EET in the G3 forum.

Since I just did the first TDDz episode (Trollford) this may interest you

http://gibberlings3....741#entry242108

The Sandrah Saga

#31 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:40 PM

I am reporting my experience and findings with the megamods from my playthrough of EET in the G3 forum.

Since I just did the first TDDz episode (Trollford) this may interest you

http://gibberlings3....741#entry242108

I finished my playthrough of the three episodes already available in TDDZ.

Congratulation and many thanks to shadowlich for the work. It is bug free from beginning to end. Some minor improvements are proposed, but the issues are inherited from the original mod. They are just suggestions of how the renovated mod may fit better into EET. (And they are clearly just personal opinions).

My report is here

http://gibberlings3....e=5#entry242155

Edited by Roxanne, 20 February 2016 - 01:41 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#32 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:02 AM

I publish a first release here : https://github.com/B...leases/tag/v1.1

Thanks you a lot Roxanne !!!!!

(I saw your posts after the release, but I note everything of your report for next iteration)

* Fixes/Tweaks/Changes *
. Entry point of Onset of the Darkest Day moved from Ellisime to Elhan (after Rillifan temple, talk to him)
. XP granted by scripts are reduced to 10%
. XP granted by TDD creatures are reduded to 20% (creatures from vanilla game that appear in TDD keep their vanilla XP); Graz'zt XP set to 50k rather than 100k due to poor combat script
. Remove easy +1 STR/WIS/INT granted by Riatavin/Fleeques.cre after killing Graz'zt
. All TDD spell scrolls are replaced by SCRL75.ITM (Identify scroll but few quest items)
. All TDD items are undroppable (but few quest items), meaning creatures use these items
. Drow items decay after ONE_DAY and (MORNING or DAY) and (OUTDOOR or CITY)
. Riatavin Inn 2nd floor is now accessible
. Remake cutscenes with Cutspy.cre
. Merge Bgarive.baf with Bgarive2.baf with Bgarive3.baf with Bgarive4.baf into Bgarive.baf with Cutspy.cre
. Prefix every TDD timers and variables with "tz_"
. Relieve GLOBAL stacks by moving some variables to LOCALS/AREAs
. Minimaps are replaced by EE minimaps
. Ice search maps are replaced by sand search map
. Disable few areas spawners (DD8000.are-Deep Mir Forest, DD8001.are-Haunted Forest) that freeze game
. Decrease some unnecessary very long Wait(x) that make game semmingly bugged
. Remove some regions of interests (legacy from originator areas and not used in new areas)
. Interaction with Riatavin/Nameless.cre removed due to Helmrat.itm bug(?)
. Set Animation During Combat Flag
. UTF8 compliant (with handle_charsets)
. Should be compatible with ToB/SoS/RoT/CtB
. Cutscenes to Tartarus with Cutspy.cre and better transitions
. ARPO27.are/East stair entrance fixed
. Minor coding fixes and improvements

Edited by shadowlich, 23 February 2016 - 07:08 AM.

#33 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

I publish a first release here : https://github.com/B...leases/tag/v1.1

Thanks you a lot Roxanne !!!!!

(I saw your posts after the release, but I note everything of your report for next iteration)

* Fixes/Tweaks/Changes *
. Entry point of Onset of the Darkest Day moved from Ellisime to Elhan (after Rillifan temple, talk to him)
. XP granted by scripts are reduced to 10%
. XP granted by TDD creatures are reduded to 20% (creatures from vanilla game that appear in TDD keep their vanilla XP); Graz'zt XP set to 50k rather than 100k due to poor combat script
. Remove easy +1 STR/WIS/INT granted by Riatavin/Fleeques.cre after killing Graz'zt
. All TDD spell scrolls are replaced by SCRL75.ITM (Identify scroll but few quest items)
. All TDD items are undroppable (but few quest items), meaning creatures use these items
. Drow items decay after ONE_DAY and (MORNING or DAY) and (OUTDOOR or CITY)
. Riatavin Inn 2nd floor is now accessible
. Remake cutscenes with Cutspy.cre
. Merge Bgarive.baf with Bgarive2.baf with Bgarive3.baf with Bgarive4.baf into Bgarive.baf with Cutspy.cre
. Prefix every TDD timers and variables with "tz_"
. Relieve GLOBAL stacks by moving some variables to LOCALS/AREAs
. Minimaps are replaced by EE minimaps
. Ice search maps are replaced by sand search map
. Disable few areas spawners (DD8000.are-Deep Mir Forest, DD8001.are-Haunted Forest) that freeze game
. Decrease some unnecessary very long Wait(x) that make game semmingly bugged
. Remove some regions of interests (legacy from originator areas and not used in new areas)
. Interaction with Riatavin/Nameless.cre removed due to Helmrat.itm bug(?)
. Set Animation During Combat Flag
. UTF8 compliant (with handle_charsets)
. Should be compatible with ToB/SoS/RoT/CtB
. Cutscenes to Tartarus with Cutspy.cre and better transitions
. ARPO27.are/East stair entrance fixed
. Minor coding fixes and improvements

Wow, a lot of work!!!

I just installed the new version into my EET game successfully - talked to Forp and made the journey to Riativin.

I will report my experience again - as far as I remember there are 3 large quests that start in this town (the mages tower, the quest in Calisham and the main one with Entreri + Jarlaxle).

The Sandrah Saga

#34 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:24 PM

Some Feedback to the Riatavin subquests

I finished first of the Riatavin episodes, Orgoth's Tower, flawless conversion for EET.

One minor issue for soldiers in area DDCT33.are with script demgrdrx.bcs

They just stand around without attacking nearby demons, maybe distance trigger needs to be increased?

Now in next Riatavin subquest - Calimshan episode

1) This is inherrited from original mod but could use the chance now to correct it - in area DD9X00 there are a number of creatures named *Arabs* or *Arabic Thugs* - those should be corrected Calishite Thugs, Calishite Citizen etc...

2) You can only leave DD0200 to the worldmap but not to Riatavin itself (although you are supposed to be in a quarter of that town). The western rim of this map should rather be a travel region back into town instead of a worldmap exit.

Otherwise the episode is fine as well for EET.

The Sandrah Saga

#35 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:35 AM

I finished first of the Riatavin episodes, Orgoth's Tower, flawless conversion for EET.

They just stand around without attacking nearby demons, maybe distance trigger needs to be increased?

1) This is inherrited from original mod but could use the chance now to correct it - in area DD9X00 there are a number of creatures named *Arabs* or *Arabic Thugs* - those should be corrected Calishite Thugs, Calishite Citizen etc...

2) You can only leave DD0200 to the worldmap but not to Riatavin itself (although you are supposed to be in a quarter of that town). The western rim of this map should rather be a travel region back into town instead of a worldmap exit.

Now in Riatavin Main Quest (Etreri)

The stringrefs in BGarival.baf (Cutscene) are wrong, the text shown in the cutscene are random texts from dialog.tlk In the baf file they are stringrefs rather than references to the tra file.

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2016 - 02:36 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#36 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

Now in Riatavin Main Quest (Etreri)

1. The stringrefs in BGarival.baf (Cutscene) are wrong, the text shown in the cutscene are random texts from dialog.tlk In the baf file they are stringrefs rather than references to the tra file.

2. Issue with Grazzt02 script - it causes a CtD in the middle of the fight - I checked weapons/animations etc without result. I assigned simply attack,bcs to him and no issue. So there is something in his script causing the CtD but I could not figure out what - I could exclude his additional summons, they all work - it must be some other spell he uses after about 30-40 seconds into the fight.

3. On the positive side - there was no issue with the drow animations in the Underdark sequence of the mod, not even with Hexxat in the party (regenerating creatures were sometimes an issue in that aspect in BGT).

4. Raiseart.bcs has the same issue as #1 above, wrong stringrefs

5. Another positive issue - the destruction of the drow items works perfectly, the realistic delay for it to happen is a good idea. (non-destroyed drow items had always been a point of criticism for the original mod).

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2016 - 12:52 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#37 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

Even with a trigger distance set at 30, and a fine debug with C:WriteScript("DebugScripts"), these crazy guards don't attack; however I replace them with another guards; they will attack now

*Arabs* and *Arabic Thugs* are replaced by *Calishite* and *Calishite Thugs*

There is a direct exit to Riatavin at SW (NW exits to worldmap). Now I override NW, so both exits go to Riatavin directly

1. The stringrefs in BGarival.baf (Cutscene) are wrong, the text shown in the cutscene are random texts from dialog.tlk In the baf file they are stringrefs rather than references to the tra file

Fixed

2. Issue with Grazzt02 script - it causes a CtD in the middle of the fight - I checked weapons/animations etc without result. I assigned simply attack,bcs to him and no issue. So there is something in his script causing the CtD but I could not figure out what - I could exclude his additional summons, they all work - it must be some other spell he uses after about 30-40 seconds into the fight.

Never think he could live this long to invoke his magma elementals; fixed

4. Raiseart.bcs has the same issue as #1 above, wrong stringrefs

Fixed

- area DD9007 - the minimap shows the entry to Suldanessalar (uses the Tethir forrest map)

Its .MOS has no entrance now

=> Version v1.2 available here: https://github.com/B...leases/tag/v1.2

And many thanks to Roxanne  :new_thumbs:

Edited by shadowlich, 09 March 2016 - 09:10 AM.

#38 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:54 AM

I have now defeated Irenicus and received the final dialogue with Ellesime. i am transferred to ToB without an interception from TDD to get the OnsetoftheDarkestDay Quest, although it is installed from the latest version of TDDz.

Have I misunderstood something? I have talked to Elhan to get the quest before I fought Irenicus, but he just tells me to fight Irenicus first?

Or is it simply just not yet ready?

Edited by Roxanne, 11 March 2016 - 03:57 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#39 shadowlich

shadowlich
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

Everything are in v1.2

You could try my test for OnsetoftheDarkestDay:

. Create a new game

. MoveToArea("Ar2800")

. Skip vanilla cinematic

. Skip vanilla Elhan dialog

. Go get items for Rillifane Temple (or create them: miscb1, miscb2, miscb3)

. Ctrl+J to Rillifane Temple

. Enter Rillifane temple, ask Rillifane to destroy all enemies

. Skip vanilla cinematic

. Go talk to Elhan, short vanilla dialog occurs

. Talk to Ehlan a second time, this time he will ask you if you want to go to  Candlekeep, this is the start of the OnsetoftheDarkestDay

So everything is done with Elhan rather than Ellisime, and she is free for any vanilla/other mods contents 

This is the easier way I found (use existing dialogs/context without adding/altering too much) to provide compatibility for every mods.

Edited by shadowlich, 11 March 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#40 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

Everything are in v1.2

You could try my test for OnsetoftheDarkestDay:

. Create a new game

. MoveToArea("Ar2800")

. Skip vanilla cinematic

. Skip vanilla Elhan dialog

. Go get items for Rillifane Temple (or create them: miscb1, miscb2, miscb3)

. Ctrl+J to Rillifane Temple

. Enter Rillifane temple, ask Rillifane to destroy all enemies

. Skip vanilla cinematic

. Go talk to Elhan, short vanilla dialog occurs

. Talk to Ehlan a second time, this time he will ask you if you want to go to  Candlekeep, this is the start of the OnsetoftheDarkestDay

So everything is done with Elhan rather than Ellisime, and she is free for any vanilla/other mods contents 

This is the easier way I found (use existing dialogs/context without adding/altering too much) to provide compatibility for every mods.

This means the TDD stuff is prior to defeating Irenicus - the transition to ToB is from Ellesime - not from Rusty Scabbard after the TDD quest. Correct?

The Sandrah Saga