Crash in Eshpurta

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:19 AM

This is not a game stopper, but here is what happens.  Killed all the monsters, was told about the barbarian village and now tried to go in the building to get my reward.  The game crashes when you try to enter the building.  The error is:

An Assertion failed in CGamesArea.ccp at line number 5012

Programmer says: Luminosity map missing:  DD0903LM

I searched but found nothing on this.  I found a lot of other luminosity maps missing.

Where can I get this file?

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 27 January 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

Lots of problems reported in that area (from TDD).  http://www.shsforums...ilers/?p=569417

I do not see the file in the TDD mod itself.  As a workaround, try renaming the attached file to DD0903LM.BMP and putting it in your override folder.

For anyone curious:  I exported this AR0903LM.BMP from a clean BG2EE install (in the original BG2, it is listed in the files -- so it has an entry in chitin.key -- but Near Infinity says the file is null).

Attached Files

Edited by agb1, 27 January 2016 - 04:35 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Lots of problems reported in that area (from TDD).  http://www.shsforums...ilers/?p=569417

I do not see the file in the TDD mod itself.  As a workaround, try renaming the attached file to DD0903LM.BMP and putting it in your override folder.

For anyone curious:  I exported this AR0903LM.BMP from a clean BG2EE install (in the original BG2, it is listed in the files -- so it has an entry in chitin.key -- but Near Infinity says the file is null).

I had this problem once long time ago (sorry, I do not have the details anymore just memory). There was a mod that turned the interior of ar0903 (Temple in Athkathla) by 90° or something - it impacted TDD which uses the same area wed files, Tdd just has new are and bcs.

Maybe the same issue here - I solved it by copying the files from an untweaked installation into override.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

Hi agb1:  Hi Roxanne:

I got another copy of the file DD0903.ARE.  Renamed it DD0903LM.ARE and placed it in the override file.  The game still crashes.  The error message says DD0903LM is missing so I also put that in the override folder.  The game still crashes.

I am using Windows 7.  The search routine is the worst I have ever used.  I searched for *LM.are and it found no files.

I am assuming that file along with all those types are in another mod as there are no "LM" files in the TDD ARE folder.  Any idea which mod creates these files?

Tom

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:44 AM

I got another copy of the file DD0903.ARE.  Renamed it DD0903LM.ARE and placed it in the override file.  The game still crashes.  The error message says DD0903LM is missing so I also put that in the override folder.  The game still crashes.

I am using Windows 7.  The search routine is the worst I have ever used.  I searched for *LM.are and it found no files.

I am assuming that file along with all those types are in another mod as there are no "LM" files in the TDD ARE folder.  Any idea which mod creates these files?

Tom

This is not how it works, the LM (Light map) SR (Search Region) and HT (height) files are .bmp files separate from the .are and references in the .wed file of the .are.

You may look for ar0903LM.bmp in NI and create a copy of it dd0903LM.bmp

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

I attached AR0903LM.BMP earlier in the thread.  That was taken from BG2EE and is a valid light map file (AR0903 has no light map in original BG2).

Please try renaming the AR0903LM.BMP (the one that I attached above) to DD0903LM.BMP and put it in your override.  Notice that it is a .BMP file, not a .ARE file.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#7 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

I found AR0903LM.BMP and renamed a copy to DD0903LM.BMP.  The game still crashed.  But a new error message.  This time the message was:

An Assertion failed in CGamesArea.ccp at line number 5034

Programmer says: Luminosity map missing:  DD0903HT

I found AR0903HT.BMP and renamed a copy to DD0903HT.BMP.  The game still crashed.  But a new error message.  This time the message was:

An Assertion failed in ChDimm.ccp at line number 1246

Programmer says: ChDimm.ccp ChDimm::Demand(): CRes

pointer invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)

Attached File  WeiDU.log   70K   157 downloads

From the log, I guess I need DD0903SR.BMP

I found AR0903SR.BMP and renamed a copy to DD0903SR.BMP.  This time I was able to enter the building without the game crashing.

Thanks for all the help,

Tom

#8 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

Hi All:  

The game was playable but weird.  After entering the building, you could walk through walls.  Aside from that, the text was correct.

Tom

#9 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:38 AM

I will very, very carefully ask BWS  gurus ( as I really have no clue ) is this MAYBE could be connected with Baldur's Gate trilogy Graphics overhaul v1.8 which includes Sever Lightmaps mod.

#10 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:35 AM

This is because we copied files from a different area and renamed them to satisfy the missing references. The area we copied from probably doesn't have walls in the same places. What you see on the map is just a painted image. The files we copied determine where you can walk.

#11 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hi All:  

The game was playable but weird.  After entering the building, you could walk through walls.  Aside from that, the text was correct.

Tom

You need "new" DD0903.WED. Here's Lollorian's guide how to do it.

Ups forgot that you need "new" DD0903.TIS too.

Or you could put these to overirde folder.

Update:

Removed files.

Edited by micbaldur, 03 February 2016 - 10:20 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#12 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:10 AM

Thanks micbaldur.

Some mod or someone must have created these files as the light changes appear in many other areas.  Since these were not in the original TDD mod, can anyone tell me which mod/person should fix this?

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 29 January 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#13 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

Thanks micbaldur.

Some mod or someone must have created these files as the light changes appear in many other areas.  Since these were not in the original TDD mod, can anyone tell me which mod/person should fix this?

Tom

WED and TIS problem is caused by BG2 Tweak component "Sensible Entrance Points", it's old problem but who's fixing it, i don't know.

As for your LM (Light map) SR (Search Region) and HT (height) problems i don't know what causes these, never had problems with them.

#14 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:40 AM

Hi micbaldur:

I downloaded DD0903.rar and extracted the files.  I copied DD0903.ARE, DD0903.TIS, and DD0903.WED to my OVERRIDE folder.  This did not fix the crash problem.  The game crashed and I got the same error message I started with.

"An Assertion failed in CGamesArea.ccp at line number 5012

Programmer says: Luminosity map missing:  DD0903LM"

I did not change the .ARE and .WED resource pointers since I assumed this was done to the files in the RAR file.  I will look at these files now to see what I can do with them.

I guess I need to become a "modder" to get a better understanding on how the game works.  Is there a "Modder for Dummies" book available?  (Just joking!)

Tom

#15 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:01 AM

Hi micbaldur:

I downloaded DD0903.rar and extracted the files.  I copied DD0903.ARE, DD0903.TIS, and DD0903.WED to my OVERRIDE folder.  This did not fix the crash problem.  The game crashed and I got the same error message I started with.

"An Assertion failed in CGamesArea.ccp at line number 5012

Programmer says: Luminosity map missing:  DD0903LM"

I did not change the .ARE and .WED resource pointers since I assumed this was done to the files in the RAR file.  I will look at these files now to see what I can do with them.

I guess I need to become a "modder" to get a better understanding on how the game works.  Is there a "Modder for Dummies" book available?  (Just joking!)

Tom

I never had that LM (Light map) SR (Search Region) and HT (height) problem so those files rar are fix for flipped area not for missing LM (Light map) SR (Search Region) and HT (height) and CTD.

You need to copy those M (Light map) SR (Search Region) and HT (height) also but from where i don't know yet, i have check this more.

Shit where's Lollorian :P i could use little help here. :lol:

#16 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:03 AM

Hi micbaldur:

Using Near Infinity with problems.

Opened AR0903.ARE and got a file with three headers.  They were VIEW, EDIT, and RAW.  In the VIEW window there was a WED resource reference and it was easy to change it.

Opened DD0903.WED and get only two headers.  They were EDIT and RAM.  In EDIT, I cannot fine a TIS resource reference.  Also I cannot open DD0903.WED in the VIEW mode.

What am I doing wrong?

Tom

#17 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

Hi micbaldur:

Using Near Infinity with problems.

Opened AR0903.ARE and got a file with three headers.  They were VIEW, EDIT, and RAW.  In the VIEW window there was a WED resource reference and it was easy to change it.

Opened DD0903.WED and get only two headers.  They were EDIT and RAM.  In EDIT, I cannot fine a TIS resource reference.  Also I cannot open DD0903.WED in the VIEW mode.

What am I doing wrong?

Tom

You did nothing wrong.

TIS is in EDIT of DD0903.WED view at Overlay 0, 9th line from up. Click that line and press View/Edit from below.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:16 AM

If im understanding right, the issue should be fixed by exporting AR0903LM/SR/HT.BMP from your game using NI and renaming them to DD0903LM/SR/HT.BMP and dropping them into the override.

Edit: fucking 5inch smartphone keyboard typos

Edited by Lollorian, 29 January 2016 - 07:17 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#19 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:22 AM

:whistling: Saved by Lollorian, thanks again. :cheers:

Tom try these if they work.

Update:

Removed files.

Edited by micbaldur, 03 February 2016 - 10:21 AM.

#20 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

Hi Lollorian and micbaldur:

See post #8.  Adding the three files from dd0903_2.rar takes me back to that.  You can walk through all the walls but stopped from going to the north west end of the stable.  However, this does allow you to complete the mod and will make this playable for others.  A fix to the mod that caused this will help in the future.

Tom