Photo

I equipped a quarterstaff and I turned into a gnome??!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:24 AM

zjXhpTF.jpg

LztYbVM.jpg

When I equipped the quarterstaff, I got told that my wizard spells have been disabled and I turned into a gnome (although my race clearly shows that I'm still human) with alot of protection spells?

I laughed so hard, this is so confusing, what mod could possibly do this? A wild guess would be Tome & Blood v6?

Any help would be very appreciated, it's not urgent though, I can live without using a quarterstaff, haha.

EDIT: This also happens when I equip a 1-handed Axe.

EDIT2: This also happens to every party member with me (when they equip a Quarterstaff or a 1-handed Axe), I hope this doesn't affect NPCs too.

Edited by dady977, 30 January 2016 - 06:44 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

What's this Blooodline Sorcerer ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:37 AM

What's this Blooodline Sorcerer ?

It's from the "Tome And Blood" mod, does it have anything to do with me magically turning into a gnome when I equip a Quarterstaff or a 1-handed Axe?

Edited by dady977, 30 January 2016 - 06:37 AM.

#4 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

That is hilarious. I would use EEKeeper to get the names of the items and then use weidu --change-log to see which mods tweaked them and Near Infinity to see what was done.

I'm not sure what causes disabled wizard spells - an effect on the item?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#5 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:26 AM

That is hilarious. I would use EEKeeper to get the names of the items and then use weidu --change-log to see which mods tweaked them and Near Infinity to see what was done.

I'm not sure what causes disabled wizard spells - an effect on the item?

Perhaps Wizard spells are disabled because of the item effect?

I will do what what you said, you're always so helpful, thanks.

Also, what's weidu --change-log--? Because I don't know how to do that, haha.

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:39 AM

Imp's mega mod FAQ (stickied in this forum) has an example of how to collect a WeiDU change-log. He also made a batch file that you can edit so you don't have to use the command prompt.

Note: you might have to replace the copy of weidu.exe in Imp's change-log zip file with a newer one from your game folder.

Edited by agb1, 30 January 2016 - 07:49 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#7 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:59 AM

Imp's mega mod FAQ (stickied in this forum) has an example of how to collect a WeiDU change-log. He also made a batch file that you can edit so you don't have to use the command prompt.

Note: you might have to replace the copy of weidu.exe in Imp's change-log zip file with a newer one from your game folder.

Okay, the item's name is "STAF01.ITM" but when I use the changelog it doesn't do anything, it only shows me the following error:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22700

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
./^dialog.tlk$

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

#8 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

Use the newer weidu.exe from your game folder (BWS puts it there) or copy one of the setup-??.exe and rename the copy to weidu.exe (all of the setup programs are copies of weidu).

You can see the version 22700 -- the latest version is 23800.

#9 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

I doubt it's TnB. Sounds like some kind of complication from an avatar morphing script or something.

#10 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

@dady977:

So get teh latest version from here and extract and overwrite the weidu.exe from the Windows Binary archive. What agb1 failed to note is that the change-log.zip archive in the years old post has the old weidu.exe attached to it, and thus it leads to the problem you have... if you overwrite the file... to fix it, you now need to overwrite it, with either the v23800 from the above link... or just take one of the setup-*weidumod*.exe's and rename it as the weidu.exe and .... then run the .bat file again.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#11 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

Use the newer weidu.exe from your game folder (BWS puts it there) or copy one of the setup-??.exe and rename the copy to weidu.exe (all of the setup programs are copies of weidu).

Thank god I backed up my weidu.exe before overwriting it with Imp's outdated one  <_<

#12 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Here is what the changelog wrote:

Mods affecting STAF01.ITM:
00000: ~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture, core component (required for most subcomponents): v181-b4611 BWP Fix
00001: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 19 // Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing: V4 Beta 8
00002: ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ 0 160 // PnP Undead: v4.50
00003: ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2090 // Standardize Shapeshifting: 1.5
00004: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 8 // Item Stuff - MAJESTIC Item Fixer: 10012015
00005: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 9 // Item Stuff - Portrait Icon Assigner: 10012015
00006: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 10 // Item Stuff - Proper Immunity Assigner: 10012015

I'll bet my last dollar that Standardize Shapeshifting did this.

EDIT: I also tested the the 1-handed Axe, and turns out it's also modified by Standardize Shapeshifting, here is what the changelog wrote:

Mods affecting AX1H01.ITM:
00000: ~BP/SETUP-BP.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture, core component (required for most subcomponents): v181-b4611 BWP Fix
00001: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 8
00002: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 8
00003: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 19 // Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing: V4 Beta 8
00004: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 120 // WPO: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v1.5
00005: ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Core Revisions: 0.6
00006: ~F_N_P/F_N_P.TP2~ 0 102 // Select an installation method below: -> optional installation of new kits and the sphere system: 0.13
00007: ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ 0 160 // PnP Undead: v4.50
00008: ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2090 // Standardize Shapeshifting: 1.5
00009: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 8 // Item Stuff - MAJESTIC Item Fixer: 10012015
00010: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 9 // Item Stuff - Portrait Icon Assigner: 10012015
00011: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 10 // Item Stuff - Proper Immunity Assigner: 10012015

So, any idea on what I should do to resolve this issue? Should I uninstall Standardize Shapeshifting? Or is there a way to fix the items Standardize Shapeshifting modified? Because, I'd rather not uninstall Standardize Shapeshifting.

Edited by dady977, 30 January 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#13 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

You can confirm that Klatu's component 2090 is responsible by copying the previous version of the file from that component's backup folder (klatu\backup\2090 in this case) to your override folder.

Item files are not stored in the saved game (areas and creatures are), so when you reload the game you will have a version of the item without Klatu's changes.

If that file does not exhibit the problem, you can take the copy of the file from just AFTER Klatu's changes (the backup from the component that was installed next, in this case lolfixer\backup\8) and confirm that DOES exhibit the problem.  This would confirm that Klatu's tweak is responsible.

For extra credit, you could look at both copies of the file (before and after) in Near Infinity and see what changes were made.

#14 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:10 PM

You can confirm that Klatu's component 2090 is responsible by copying the previous version of the file from that component's backup folder (klatu\backup\2090 in this case) to your override folder.

Item files are not stored in the saved game (areas and creatures are), so when you reload the game you will have a version of the item without Klatu's changes.

If that file does not exhibit the problem, you can take the copy of the file from just AFTER Klatu's changes (the backup from the component that was installed next, in this case lolfixer\backup\ 8) and confirm that DOES exhibit the problem.  This would confirm that Klatu's tweak is responsible.

For extra credit, you could look at both copies of the file (before and after) in Near Infinity and see what changes were made.

Wait, Lolfixer has 3 editions of the ax1h01.itm and staf01.itm, which one should I pick?

EDIT: Oops, turns out you said folder 8 but the forum changed it into a smiley, lol.

EDIT2: When I used the ax1h01.itm and the staf01.itm from lolfixer, the problem occurred and I turned into a gnome again when I used the 1-handed Axe and the Quarterstaff.

Also, klatu's tweaks is the source of this hilarious problem, I used the backup (from klatu's backup folder) and turns out that Klatu messes with the quarterstaff and the 1-handed axe.

Atleast I didn't ahve to uninstall Klatu's Standardize Shapeshifting, since it fixes more than it breaks and it's a really nice addition to my game.

Thanks for the help, agb1, you never disappoint.

Edited by dady977, 30 January 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#15 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

Here is the difference between the two files (the one on the right is the one klatu didn't modify, the one on the left is the one klatu modified), give me my extra credit now  :Tasty:

DXE7BTM.png?1

Edited by dady977, 30 January 2016 - 12:33 PM.

#16 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

Here is the difference between the two files (the one on the right is the one klatu didn't modify, the one on the left is the one klatu modified), give me my extra credit now  :Tasty:

DXE7BTM.png?1

To know the whole truth just click animation change (53) under global effects in klatu and see what it does

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#17 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

DXE7BTM.png?1

To know the whole truth just click animation change (53) under global effects in klatu and see what it does

Haha, here is what the animation change (53) does:

Gdsk4NN.png

#18 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

DXE7BTM.png?1

Gdsk4NN.png

All doubts removed of by whom and how it is done. Morph into FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 January 2016 - 01:32 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#19 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

DXE7BTM.png?1

Gdsk4NN.png

All doubts removed of by whom and how it is done. Morph into FIGHTER_MALE_DWARF.

It adds alot of other things other than morphing into a dwarf, it adds multiple resistances to certain elements and it disables wizard spells, and alot more, I don't know how this stuff happens.

#20 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

It's obviously a cursed item if equipping it turns you into a gnome...

But since it's actually a dwarf, it's a cheat item, since we all know dwarves are OP

Edited by Ithildur, 31 January 2016 - 11:47 AM.