Photo

New Mega-Mod Game using BWS. Comments

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

The third and fourth copies you found are backups, not originals, so maybe the 1pp versions were installed twice somehow. I will look at this more closely tomorrow.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#22 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

Hi agb1:

I took your advise from post #19.  After all, I am planning a new game tomorrow.

I extracted Planar Sphere Mod v2.6e Beta into my game.  The tp2 file is 66 KB.  The original tp2 file is also there, but it has a .rej appended to it.  It is 4 KB.

I answered 'I" to install all four components.  Then the install went wild.  First it uninstalled everything.  Now it is re-installing everything.  Every so often I hear a "beep".  But it has been "installing" for over 40 minutes now.  It is still going.  And I may add it is going at such a speed that you cannot read the screen.  Lots of warnings but "WARNING" is the only word I can make out.  But I think it has something to do with EVALUATE_BUFFER.

If nothing else, a very nice experiment.  Perhaps the installed order was very critical for this mod.

Tom

#23 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

The .rej represents a failed attempt by the Big World Fixpack to change part of the tp2. The patcher did not find a matching section in the file to replace. In this case it is harmless (I checked your log - all the patches worked except for an extra part that was redundant). If you had any of the components of planar sphere mod already installed earlier, meaning they were in your weidu.log, then when you manually installed, those components should have been asking if you wanted to "reinstall" not "install"... If you told it to reinstall, the installer first uninstalls everything in the weidu log that came after the component being reinstalled, then it reinstalls that component, and then it reinstalls everything afterwards again. Not all mods can be uninstalled cleanly, so it is usually best to avoid doing this for installs with many mods. But it should be possible to install new components at the end without uninstalling anything before. The only negative from installing at the end is that none of the earlier mods' changes will apply to the later mod, so there might be inconsistencies because of this. Usually this is not game breaking.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#24 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hi agb1:

Thanks for all your help.

I finally got th game installed.  Looks like all the mods installed except Venedor DLAN.  But I do not know why I included that mod.  Now to play the game and see how it goes.  I also learned how to use BWS which turned out to be a good way to create mega-mod games.

Thanks again,

Tom

#25 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

Glad the install worked for you this time!  Please let us know how it goes with your selected mods so we can improve the information about those mods in BWS and investigate and fix any problems you find.