• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

Hi All:

Here I go again.  Up until 02/02/2016 I never had a problem with this component.

Used latest BWS (installed mods and components from 02/02/2016 game WeiDU.log) for 20/04/2016 game.  I have this component installed:

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Mages drop spellbooks. -> 100% of mages drop spellbooks, spellbooks contain 100% of memorized spells.: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix

Put the spellbook in your QUICK slot, left click on the spellbook 0icon and any spells which are in the spellbook, but not in your character's spellbook are copied to your character's spellbook.

This worked with the first spellbook for Keiria and the first spellbook for Skeezer Lumpkin.  In the past this would work several times as long as a spell in the spellbook was not in the character's spellbook.  It does not work now.  It acts like the spells are in the character's spellbook even though they are not.  The mod version number is the same.

Specifically trying to copy the Skull Trap spell from 'The Spellbook of the Kobold Wizard' to  Skeezer Lumpkin because he does not have this spell in his spellbook.

Any suggestions?

Copied a fresh copy (item ID is _00IJ) to the override folder.  Still did not work.  I have also played the game for about 6 hours in between attempts to use monster spellbooks to get more spells.  None of the things I did were major quests.

Thanks,

Tom

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:09 AM

Tom, can you upload the .itm file here so we can take a look?

Edited by agb1, 06 February 2016 - 09:09 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

Hi agb1:

Here is the file.  This happens with another spellbook file too.  But, I am going to re-install the game.  Just want to see if it repeats the problem.

I also have many problems with Windows.  There are way to many things Windows does automatically because Bill Gates thinks everyone want to do things his way.  At times it causes me many problems in other programs and with other computers.  After my last Windows updates, Windows does not believe me I closed the game.  So I just ignore the Windows comments as the game is closed.  I just wonder how many problems are caused by Windows.

Tom

Attached File  __00IJ.ITM   602bytes   158 downloads

Edited by tomkaz, 06 February 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#4 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

Tom, the spellbook seems fine, but it uses the Learn Spell opcode (#147) -- http://gibberlings3....odes/bg2tob.htm

This rolls 1D100 for a chance to learn each spell in the spellbook, and depending on the INT score of the NPC reading the spellbook and the rules you have (specifically in INTBON.2DA), there is a certain percentage chance of failure to learn each spell.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Hi agb1:

I have BG2 Tweaks #3031 installed.  This gives 100% to learn spells.  I hope that would prevent spell failure.

I have a new game being installed right now.  It is the exact game from yesterday.  Love that import from file.  But, you might consider giving each export save a unique file name.  As it is now, you can only save one game, BWS-Selection.ini.

As it is, I messed up this install 4 times.  Bad headache giving me lots of problems.  But I think it is correct now.  I will know in a few hours.  I saved the "save" files from the last game to test in the new game.  After all it is identical.  I will post the results.

Tom

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:06 PM

You should be able to rename the export to whatever you want?

Try running "weidu --log nul --change-log intbon.2da" in your game folder to confirm that BG2 Tweaks #3031 was the only mod that changed the file.  You might have some other mod overwriting the chance of spell learning.

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:48 PM

Try running "weidu --log nul --change-log intbon.2da"

... that's nice instructions but the log is not printed anywhere else except the very smaller than a second output the cmd.exe window... the FAQ has the code line you should instruct people to use, this:

::mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log aram00.bcs >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

... it makes the change-log folder with the out quoted part, with the :: you know, and then it does the whole command you need to bookmark.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

Hi agb1:

Using Commit b0e8c59.  I think it is messed up.  Used Commit 00807da yesterday and it worked fine.

The main problem today is BWS is asking for a lot of information during the install.  I get things like "Press any key to continue..." after SOS is installed.  Then it shows the SOS Readme file.  With Nameless Melody Inn it wants to know the language, but only gives me two Chinese choises.  And other similar things like these.

How can I get a copy of Commit 00807da again?   I see it on the Commits list but cannot download it.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 06 February 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#9 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

Nothing that changed between now and then could cause those problems.  You could get back to that particular commit version using the Git software but I'd have to research the commands to figure out how.  I think that is a red herring...

Is it possible that you have User Account Control turned on?  That could cause strange pauses.

As for the languages... do you have a line "ModLang=EN" near the top of BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini?  If it's anything other than EN then you (somehow?) have other translations (like CH for Chinese) selected for your install.

#10 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

Hi agb1:

My UAC has been off sicne I installed Windows 7.  I checked and it is still off.

What the installation resembles is a manual installation.  It shows me the readme files, asks for the language I want, etc.  Not for one mod, but for many mods.

I have done this about 7 times today and it is frustrating.  Nothing shows any errors.  It checks the mod files and says they are OK.  The tests pass with no errors.  The only file it tries to download is BiG World Fixpack.  The English language is selected at both options.  After I imported the BWS-Selection.ini file, I check the selections and they correct.

So I have selected the English language, have all the correct mod files per BWS, but have a new Commit of BWS.  Now I get Readme Files interrupting the installation and mods asking me to choose my game language.  The only differrence between yesterday and today is the BWS Commit version.

I made a big mistake deleting yesterdays BWS.  I won't do that again.

Tom

#11 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

Is it possible you chose the BWP (Install.bat only) option from the screen before the folder select?

If you upload your User.ini I can look at it.

BWS has both a BGT and a BWP mode...  BWP has lots of prompts.

#12 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hi agb1:

Except for BWS, I have duplicates of everything.  I copied Baldur's Gate, BGII - SoA, all my mod files, and BWS.  With a complete set of fresh files, the game is installing properly.  The installation is well beyond the point where the problems were occurring.  I assume I had something happen that corrupted one or more files that were used to create the mega mod game.

Sorry for causing such a fuss over the problem which was my fault.  I should have copied over fresh files after the first time the game did not load properly.  I will make a compressed backup of the game as soon as I confirm it works.

Thank again for your patience and wisdom,

Tom

#13 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

I'm glad it is working for you now.

#14 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hi agb1:

The game just finished installing and I tested it with yesterday's save game.  The spellbook problem is fixed.

But, I think you have a problem.  Here are the install errors.

ERROR #1
BWS could not find Resource Fixer to install this mod.
Apparently BWS did not copy the file from BiG World Fixpack.
Choices were ®retry, ©continue, (q)quit

I open BiG World Fixpack\ _resfixer_v1 folder.  Copied the res_fixer folder and the 
setup-res_fixer.tp2 file to the BGII - SoA folder.  I pressed "r" for retry and it loaded the mod.

ERROR #2
BWS could not find Lolfixer to install this mod.
Apparently BWS did not copy the file from BiG World Fixpack.
Choices were ®retry, ©continue, (q)quit

I open BiG World Fixpack\_Lolfixer folder.  Copied the lolfixer folder and the lolfixer_LOGGER.bat, lolfixer_ONLY_DEBUG_MODS.bat, and setup-lolfixer.tp2 files to the BGII - SoA 
folder.  I pressed "r" for retry and it loaded the mod.

Both these mods were copied from BiG World Fixpack with yesterday's BWS setup.  I still had yesterday's WeiDU.log.  Checked it and they were installed yesterday.

Thanks again for everything.  Aside from these two, the rest of the install was perfect.

Tom

#15 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for the report. Could you attach your BiG World Upload.7z from the finished installation's game folder? I'd like to see if there were any errors during the copying of those folders from the Fixpack.

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:13 AM

Hi

Skull trap is a necromancy spell and Skeezer, beeing a gnome, is an illusionist. He can't learn necromancy spells (opposite school).

#17 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

Hi Guest:

Thanks for the comment.  You are correct.  I have been messing around with trying to get a game going for a while now I forgot to check my file that keeps information like that.  That information is in that file and I was too confused to look there.

Hi agb1:

Game is working great.  Here is the BiG World Debug.7z file.  You requested the BiG World Upload.7z file.  If the Debug file is not what you wanted, let me know where to find the Upload file.

Tom

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   512.93K   129 downloads

#18 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 04:24 PM

Tom, the Debug.7z is correct.  Sorry for the confusion.

The log shows that when BWS attempted the following commands, the last one worked, but the first three resulted in this error:

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

These were the commands:

IF EXIST "BiG World Fixpack" xcopy /Y /S /E ".\BiG World Fixpack\_Lolfixer\*.*" "."
IF EXIST "BiG World Fixpack" xcopy /Y /S /E ".\BiG World Fixpack\_resfixer_v1\*.*" "."
IF EXIST "BiG World Fixpack" xcopy /Y /S /E ".\BiG World Fixpack\_crefixer_v2\*.*" "."
IF EXIST "BiG World Fixpack" xcopy /Y /S /E ".\BiG World Fixpack\_Innate_Fix\*.*" "."

As you were able to copy the contents of _Lolfixer and _resfixer manually, I have no idea why those commands did not work (especially when the _Innate_Fix xcopy command worked).

Maybe someone else on this forum can suggest an explanation...?