BWP individual.bat question (tactics section)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Jouring-

-Jouring-

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

Referencing the individual.bat file (Sorry that I can't cut and paste so need to retype)

Call %EINSTI% Tactics "1 8 9 14 31 32 33 37"

This line does not check BP or SCS (other lines in this section do)

However from the documentation:  1, 8, 9, 14, 31 are included in the Big Picture.  If following sections checks for BP before adding other tactics components why are these reloaded?  If all BP pieces were not separated I could assume they would be skipped, but with some components being checked and others not it looks like a BUG.

Additionally component 37 is documented as incompatible with SCS yet there is no SCS check.  Note that other sections have the SCS check for other tactics components  (Sorry that I can not paste in the code sections).

Personally with BP AI and encounters and SCS encounters, I only want to load 32 and 33 from tactics.  Before I drastically change this section, I would appreciate any feedback.

#2 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

Hi Jouring:

I just recently switch from BWP to BWS.  As I remember BWP (v15), if components are in conflict, BWP will only load one of them.  The information on this and which component gets installed is in BiG World Project English.pdf, if English is your game language.

BWS shows you the conflicts and you have to choose which one does not get installed.

Tom

#3 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

Tactics 32 and 33 should be safe to install; they are implemented as targeted patches, not overwriting files, and SCS and BP do not offer any components that are specifically designed to do the same thing.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#4 -Jourin-

-Jourin-

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the replies, but I guess I need to rephrase my question:

1.  Yes I agree that components 32 and 33 should work with both BP and SCS

2.  Looking at the BWP code in individual.bat, it looks like the program knows to skip other components through the use of If blocks:

Example:

findstr /I /M "BP.TP2

if errorlevel 1 (means not present)

Call %EINSTI% Tactics "6 7 24 28 29"

This will only load these tactics components if BP is not present.

There is a similar block for SCS.

The line of code I have in question

Call %EINSTI% Tactics "1 8 9 14 31 32 33 37"

will be called whether BP is present or not

and whether SCS is present or not

Since components "1 8 9 13 31" should be skipped is BP is present, I think they should be with the if BP is present block to be consistent with other coding.  However this might not be hard error and maybe some other code will still force a skip so these items are not re-installed - I don't know but am not sure

However, including 37 in this line means this tactics component would be loaded even if SCS is the AI chosen and I believe this would cause a conflict.  So I am just asking the owner of the code for clarification.

The installation of BP, SCS and tactics is the most complicated dance of the installation.  The latest BP allowed resolution of many of the conflicts but the interaction with tactics is still interesting.  I just want to get the installation right because once I start I play the same game for a long time

#5 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

The components 1 8 9 13 31 will be skipped by the Tactics patch if BP is instaled

component 37 is compatible with the SCS component "More resilient trolls" according to tests!