Photo

Component 3600 doesn't work with Acid Elementalist Kit

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

"Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level" won't install with the Acid Elementalist kit because the kit's abilities 2da file doesn't have an empty ability slot in each level from 7 to 13.

The component prints out a message asking to be told if this ever happens so the code can be amended to add a new row instead of searching for opening in the existing rows, so this is that.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

It's sole utility at this point is patching CLAB and LU 2DAs (I wrote it for RR), but whoever does the update, feel free.

Attached Files

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

Damn, now I can't ignore the report and claim simple laziness :(

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

I guess this is as good topic as any to ask  a few questions about this tweak as  I was instructed and I humbly hope I will receive some answer. So, first option of this component gives all classes and kits full bonuses from weapon specialization + level bonuses like warriors get. Overpowered, I don't want that. Second option give that same bonuses but only for at least specialized characters. Njah, I don't wan't that either. What I want is that warriors stay exactly like they are in unmodded, vanilla game ( all normal bonuses from level and mastery with weapon apply), and all others get the chance to benefit from specialization extra half or restored grandmastery from BG1 full attack without warrior level dependant bonuses. Is third option of this component is what I'm looking for? If it is I would like to know how it plays with other changes to APR ( for example Big Picture grandmastery, or restored grandmastery from BG2 tweaks { which I further modified a little ), would they be overwritten and especially how it handles custom kits? I vaguely remember that I had some problems with it, my warrior didn't get half attack at 7th level or something like that so I promptly uninstalled it and get normal APR at the cost that all non warriors reverted to their standard 1 APR... Anyway I hope that you would be in good enough mood to answer me, thanks in advance. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 23 February 2016 - 10:30 AM.

#5 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

The component should work correctly as long as you install tb#tweaks after your kit(s). Regarding changes to APR calculations, it assumes that the new table grants an extra half-attack at 7' and 13' level, so it integrates correctly with a mod that adds an extra attack at ***** proficiency but not with a mod that adds an extra attack at (say) 19th level.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#6 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

Great. Thanks for answer. Just to clarify ( God, I hope I'm not too annoying ) warriors do their business like usual, everyone else get extra half or full attack from specialization/grandmastery, right? 

#7 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

Right. It is explained in detail here: http://www.shsforums...2#entry587504  :cheers:

#8 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:41 AM

Hmm, it seems that this component isn't working correctly after all, my warrior got full instead of half attack at level 7, so now from 3/2 APR at level 6 he has  5/2 at level 7 for melee and from 5/2 to 7/2 for missile weapons. Little overpowered, don't you agree? 

#9 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:03 AM

I've never known that mod to be buggy, it's been stable for a loooong time.

I suspect it somehow got applied twice to your kit. Maybe something wasn't cleaned out during a reinstall. If you look at the clab table, see if the tb#att .spl appears twice at 7th level. If so, just replace one of them with "**** "

#10 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

I've never known that mod to be buggy, it's been stable for a loooong time.

I suspect it somehow got applied twice to your kit. Maybe something wasn't cleaned out during a reinstall. If you look at the clab table, see if the tb#att .spl appears twice at 7th level. If so, just replace one of them with "**** "

Thanks for tip. This is copied from NearInfinity. Is this the  file in question? 

2DA         V1.0
            1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10          11          12          13          14          15          16          17          18          19          20          21          22          23          24          25          26          27          28          29          30          31          32          33          34          35          36          37          38          39          40
41          42          43          44          45          46          47          48          49          50
ABILITY1    AP_ADULRE01 ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_ADULREFB AP_TB#TATT  GA_ADULRESM ****        AP_ADULRE02 ****        GA_ADULREFB ****        ****        GA_ADULRESM ****        ****        GA_ADULREFB ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_ADULREFB ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_ADULREFB ****        ****
****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        GA_ADULREFB ****        ****
ABILITY2    AP_ADULRE02 ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY3    GA_ADULRESM ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY4    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY5    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY6    ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****
ABILITY     ****        AP_D5_FIFA  ****        AP_D5_FIFB  ****        ****        AP_D5_FIFC  ****        ****        AP_D5_FIFD  ****        ****        AP_D5_FIFE  ****        ****        AP_D5_FIFF  ****        ****        AP_D5_FIFG  ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****        ****

And it isn't just this kit in question, I think all are messed up, just started BG 2 game with imported fighter ( you know, that Abdel guy,)  and he already have 2 attacks unarmed...

#11 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

Sorry guys, I found what was wrong. I installed this afterwards: BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16. Now that I uninstalled this it seems that everything is in order.  Sorry for false alarm, thousand apologies Bigg, I'm such dumbleton. 

#12 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:08 PM

Hmm, from what I can see from this table my Retaliator kit doesn't get second  AP_TB#TATT at 13th level. Just don't know is it bug in kit or in this component? 

#13 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

... off-topic, which kit is that? Why does it appear to have my warrior feats? Is that something you manually added to your game?

#14 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

... off-topic, which kit is that? Why does it appear to have my warrior feats? Is that something you manually added to your game?

Here is more info: http://www.shsforums...13/#entry486045

It is one of the kits available in BWS for BGT and very fitting choice for my protagonist I think...

Edited by Greenhorn, 02 October 2016 - 11:23 AM.