• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:57 AM

Good Morning All:

I am in the Baldur's Gate section (first part) of my BGT Mega-Mod game.  I played this so often I know all the areas.  But last night I realized about 60% of the areas do not have names.  As far as I can tell, it has been this way since I started this game.  No real pattern to the missing names.  No action causes the names to appear. Other than no names, they game plays correctly.  Just  thought I would pass this on.

Tom

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:04 AM

There's a mod that adds map names... but the vanilla BP-BGT-Worldmap doesn't feature that many map names in the map screen.

The BG1 map didn't either:

swordcoast.gif

These:

post-5803-0-19446500-1332632372.gif

Are pretend, either by TuTu or some other project that was inherited to a mod in BWS at a point.

Edited by The Imp, 11 February 2016 - 06:08 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:04 AM

Good Morning All:

I am in the Baldur's Gate section (first part) of my BGT Mega-Mod game.  I played this so often I know all the areas.  But last night I realized about 60% of the areas do not have names.  As far as I can tell, it has been this way since I started this game.  No real pattern to the missing names.  No action causes the names to appear. Other than no names, they game plays correctly.  Just  thought I would pass this on.

Tom

You may not have installed the mod that does that, vanilla game does not have all names. The mod is *Sword Coast Map Labels v2*

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:26 AM

Roxanne, got a bit ninjaed ? :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

Roxanne, got a bit ninjaed ? :devil:

???? we were just writing in parallel, it seems.

The Sandrah Saga

#6 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:06 AM

Hi All:

The game was installed with BWS so I assume the correct mod versions were used.

From my WeiDU.log file

~MAPNAMES/SETUP-MAPNAMES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sword Coast Map Labels: v2
~MAPNAMES/SETUP-MAPNAMES.TP2~ #0 #25 // Update Map Markers: v2

So I assume that means the mapnames are installed and all the names should be there.

When looking at the map, the colors look like The Imp's second map (the one with all the names).  But all the names are not there.  The missing names are the same as The Imp's first map, but the map is definitely not brown color.  It looks like I got the names of the The Imp's first map and the colors of The Imp's second map.

This will not affect me with Baldur's Gate.  And probably won't affect me a lot with BGII - SoA.  I may have problems with Throne of Bhaal.

Thanks for the maps and comments,

Tom

#7 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:16 AM

I wonder if this is related to the problem recently reported in the Sandrah thread -- I removed an install step from BWS where it copied the worldmap.wmp from BiG World Fixpack\_override\worldmap.wmp to the override folder in the middle of the install.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

Why was the manual overwrite done btw?

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#9 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

Not sure.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:44 AM

Don't we wish there was a documentation for it. :devil:

#11 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

It's an instruction from the BWP.  Roxanne noted that her mod requires the large worldmap.  I am not familiar with the .wmp format and I have no idea what is different between the Fixpack _overwrite version and the original one.

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

It's an instruction from the BWP.  Roxanne noted that her mod requires the large worldmap.  I am not familiar with the .wmp format and I have no idea what is different between the Fixpack _overwrite version and the original one.

Just for clarification - all names are present in my own installation with Sandrah, big worldmap and all - and done with BWS. There should be no issue since the Sword Coast Map Labels: v2 is installed after all that and after BP-BGT worldmap

The Sandrah Saga

#13 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi All:

I have been following this all day.  Interesting, but I must admit I am confused.  I checked my override folder and it does not contain a worldmap.wmp file.

1)  Is there a fix that would make my map show all the area names?

2)  What program do you use to view the world map?  Please be specific.  I have the stuff that comes with Windows 7.  It keeps trying to "play" worldmap.wmp.

Thanks,

Tom

#14 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

2) Well, I don't think you can view the worldmap elsewhere except in the game, DLTCEP or Near Infinity, a java program, so you need the java run time application. You have associated the .wmp file in window to a program, or allowed the idiot Windows to accept a program to be associated with the file type, you can change that in the (Windows)Start -> Default Programs ... Both of the programs find the currently in use file, to see the icons of course, you need the correct settings. The Worldmap mod had a debug mode that shows the whole map at the start, I don't remember the exact how to activate it, but it's in the mods .tp2 file, at least it was the last time I looked at it. ~long time ago. 

1) The reason why there's no worldmap.wmp in your game folder is likely that it's biffed...

And well other than --change-log'ging the worldmap.wmp and searching what mod does what, not really. And finding out where it goes borg and fixing it.

Edited by The Imp, 11 February 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#15 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:31 PM

Hi The Imp:

Thanks for the information.  I found the wordmap.bmp and worldmap.wmp in the save games from an earlier BGT game (earlier by 2 days) which used a different BWS program.  When I opened the wordmap.bmp file, there was a picture.  It was ~1" wide x ~0.75" high on my screen.  I could not expand the picture to see if the area labels were there.

So I will wait for fixes and used them in my next game.

Tom