BWP/BWS graphic error/glitch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Falagar-

-Falagar-

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

Hey,

First of all a big thank you to everyone involved in making the BWP a reality - takes me right back to my childhood :)

I just did a fresh install of BWP through BWS - expert package, some minor adjustments here and there, let it run, download, installed, no errors, everything working just perfectly.

Load up the game, get to choose between BG1 & 2, everything working just fine, no errors, no weird dialogue or item texts, as far as I can judge so far. 

However!  I do have this really weird graphical glitch that is starting to bother me. I have never encountered this specific one before, not in previous mega-mod installs i have done either, and that was before BWS!

http://imgur.com/8bdAzE7

This is what the edges of my fog of war look like, like a checkboard, does anyone know what is causing this and if so, if there is a work around for it? I mean sure, it doesn't hurt gameplay, but it hurts my eyes! :)

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:27 AM

This error comes from the original game.

Enable the sprite mirroring.

To do that, you can open the baldur.ini in your game install folder with Notepad .. or just run the BGConfig.exe .. I can't give the exact details, but ask if you need more, someone will give them to you.

Edited by The Imp, 11 February 2016 - 06:30 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:34 AM

I couldn't find the option in BGConfig.exe - but I found it in the .ini, changed its value to 1 and...... it fixed the issue completely! 

Thanks a lot, time to really get sucked in.. again :)