Photo

Gromnir dead, no Mellisan

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

Per the title, playing through ToB solo.  I have killed Gromnir (twice) and Mellisan does not show up after the fight.  First time I killed him, I did step out of the room to heal myself.  Second time I fought him, I stayed in the room the entire fight.  Waited a good while and Mellisan never showed up.  Looked for her a bit around town, no go... 

Kinda stuck..

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

#2 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

isn't the solar supposed to appear BEFORE the f*ck*ng bitch Mellisan ?

1. Kill Gromnir
  2. The solar teleport you in in the pocket plane
  3. you teleport back to the castle of Gromnir, and only then she appears

(If I remember well)

Roxane is Right. what I describe is wrong :)

Edited by Fouinto, 02 March 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

isn't the solar supposed to appear BEFORE the f*ck*ng bitch Mellisan ?
  1. Kill Gromnir
  2. The solar teleport you in in the pocket plane
  3. you teleport back to the castle of Gromnir, and only then she appears

(If I remember well)

I think you confuse Gromnir and Yaga-Shura. This scene you describe is after Yaga-Shura death.

Melissan after Gromnir death is triggered by Baldur25.BCS - probably some bad code in that file prevents Melissans spawning after Gromnir death

Spoiler

You can try to find this block in Baldur25.bcs and put it to the top of the file to make sure it triggers.

Why this block is in baldur25.bcs instead ar5002.bcs is another question....

Edited by Roxanne, 02 March 2016 - 10:00 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

Woah.. I don't have the ability to pocket plane! 

So, no solar appeared to teleport me to the pocket plane.  maybe that's what is missing? 

and what the heck.. I don't have the pocket plane ability.  Blah!

#5 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:24 AM

Roxanne, I tried the code change you recommended and sadly, no change.  I am still stuck with nothing happening after Gromnir is dead and the room is clear.  I will note that then I look at my location (the room where Gromnir dies) it says I am in AR5002.   

also, any idea why I would not have the pocket plane ability?  I started off there and remember seeing the text that I had acquired that ability...

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

Roxanne, I tried the code change you recommended and sadly, no change.  I am still stuck with nothing happening after Gromnir is dead and the room is clear.  I will note that then I look at my location (the room where Gromnir dies) it says I am in AR5002.   

also, any idea why I would not have the pocket plane ability?  I started off there and remember seeing the text that I had acquired that ability...

You can check Global("DeathOfGromnir","GLOBAL",0) after Gromnir is dead. If it is not 0 set it 0 and see if she appears.

If not - SetGlobal("DeathOfGromnir","GLOBAL",1) and CreateCreature("Mel01") to continue.

Also check if Global("GavePocketPlane","GLOBAL",1). If it is 1, check in your ability slots if the pocket plane is there but maybe missing its animation.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 March 2016 - 07:44 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:45 AM

If I'm not mistaken You'll get the pocket plane ability after Your first challenge in  the pocket plane.

Have You tried to fight and kill Gromnir and friends after changing baldur25.bcs?

#8 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:06 AM

Shuv, you are correct, that is when I acquired the ability, or at least should have.

Roxanne, the part - SetGlobal("DeathOfGromnir","GLOBAL",1) and CreateCreature("Mel01") to continue. - worked great.  Mellisan came in yelling "oh no, you killed Gromnir" and whatnot.  Now all I need to do is pop into my pocket plane... but...

i checked GetGlobal("GavePocketPlane","GLOBAL") and it is set to 1.  What I dont know how to do is check my ability slots to see if it is there but missing animation.  I have tons of abilities.  Two full rows of them and maybe thats the problem... is there a limit to the number of abilities one can have?  If so, I may be over the limit...

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 03 March 2016 - 08:06 AM.

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

Shuv, you are correct, that is when I acquired the ability, or at least should have.

Roxanne, the part - SetGlobal("DeathOfGromnir","GLOBAL",1) and CreateCreature("Mel01") to continue. - worked great.  Mellisan came in yelling "oh no, you killed Gromnir" and whatnot.  Now all I need to do is pop into my pocket plane... but...

i checked GetGlobal("GavePocketPlane","GLOBAL") and it is set to 1.  What I dont know how to do is check my ability slots to see if it is there but missing animation.  I have tons of abilities.  Two full rows of them and maybe thats the problem... is there a limit to the number of abilities one can have?  If so, I may be over the limit...

You can do the following test:

Add this to ar5002.bcs

IF

Global("GavePocketPlane","GLOBAL",0)

THEN
RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("GavePocketPlane","GLOBAL",1)

ActionOverride(Player1,AddSpecialAbility("SPIN649"))

END

Go to area 5002 where you killed Gromnir and SetGlobal("GavePocketPlane","GLOBAL",0)

Check if that gives you the ability.

The Sandrah Saga

#10 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

Roxanne - you rock!  Whoot, that worked and I can now continue my epic adventure.  Except....

When I go to the pocket plane, then head out, I end up back in Saradush.  I dont have any other options of where to go when leaving the pocket plane.  :-( 

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 03 March 2016 - 09:12 AM.

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:35 AM

Roxanne - you rock!  Whoot, that worked and I can now continue my epic adventure.  Except....

When I go to the pocket plane, then head out, I end up back in Saradush.  I dont have any other options of where to go when leaving the pocket plane.  :-( 

Return to pocket plane and just try once more.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

no go.  Tried it in that room (5002), just outside, at the bar, back in the 5002 room again.  always brings me back right where I started. 

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

no go.  Tried it in that room (5002), just outside, at the bar, back in the 5002 room again.  always brings me back right where I started. 

SetGlobal("FirstUseofDoor","GLOBAL",1) before using pocket plane exit.

The Sandrah Saga

#14 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:20 AM

I remember having had exactly the same problems.

Moreover the pocket plane ability vanished on every reload.

So sorry for insisting: Did You change the baldur25.bcs before entering

Gromnir's lair and killing him? If the block is the first one in the script Mel

definitely has to spawn and everything should work fine.

#15 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

Hmm.. Roxanne, I did the set global and it did not work.  Still going straight back to Saradush.  Tried it from Gromnirs room, went pocket plane and back, then tried setting it after had gone again into the pocket plane.  Still no go. 

And Shuv, no problem on questions my friend.  Yes, the instance I am in now I did make the changes to the .bcs and recompiled before I entered his room.  I have a save right before I buff for that fight and I loaded that one and ran from there. 

#16 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Hmm.. Roxanne, I did the set global and it did not work.  Still going straight back to Saradush.  Tried it from Gromnirs room, went pocket plane and back, then tried setting it after had gone again into the pocket plane.  Still no go. 

And Shuv, no problem on questions my friend.  Yes, the instance I am in now I did make the changes to the .bcs and recompiled before I entered his room.  I have a save right before I buff for that fight and I loaded that one and ran from there. 

It seems that things went wrong much earlier - when you first entered the pocket plane.

Without your version of ar4500.bcs and the knowledge of who was in your party when you came there, who was summoned and what happened before you left for Saradush for the first time, it will be hard to get to the source of it - there are a large number of Globals etc set at that time that influence the rest of ToB.

The Sandrah Saga

#17 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

I am doing a solo run, so I have not had anyone in my group at any time in ToB except to add and then immediately remove one person (and that person was a resident of Saradush).  Would it help to provide my ar4500.bcs? I have attached it. 

This file was acquired at the following location:

C:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\generalized_biffing\prod\0\biffs\20

Attached Files

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 03 March 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#18 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

I am doing a solo run, so I have not had anyone in my group at any time in ToB except to add and then immediately remove one person (and that person was a resident of Saradush).  Would it help to provide my ar4500.bcs? I have attached it. 

Maybe it helps for others to see what the origin of the series of problems might have been - I am not sure if it helps you to continue the game...

The Sandrah Saga

#19 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:18 AM

Well shucks.  Was hoping to actually complete a BG runthrough.  ahwell

#20 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

Well shucks.  Was hoping to actually complete a BG runthrough.  ahwell

As you were alone in party when you came into ToB, what was your PC Level at that time?

The Sandrah Saga