Photo

Refinements HLAs, modularized and on BG2EE

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4959 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:20 AM

Hello, thanks for the new release.
With refinements, do you get Use any item if you also install Rogue rebalancing ?

In which install order do you think you are going to use ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#62 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:24 PM

Hello, thanks for the new release.
With refinements, do you get Use any item if you also install Rogue rebalancing ?

Vanilla game gives you UAI
Rogue Rebalancing doesnt touch it (AFAIK)
Refinements takes it away and replaces it with Use Magical Device (UAI for scrolls and wands only)

If you want UAI, use RR thief HLAs only. If you want UMD instead, use RR thief HLAs followed by Refinements thief HLAs.

#63 The Imp

The Imp

• 4959 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:45 PM

Or you could just cheese the thing and edit the kits .2da file after Refinements install, and give it the UAI anyways. It's not like the thing is not there.
... and replaces it with Use Magical Device (UAI for scrolls and wands only
It's not actually that.

Edited by The Imp, 01 May 2020 - 04:48 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#64 Arthas

Arthas
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:08 AM

Thanks Subtledoctor.

#65 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • 638 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:13 PM

It's not actually that.

As usual Imp, I have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

#66 The Imp

The Imp

• 4959 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:11 AM

It's not actually that.

As usual Imp, I have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

Well, let me reintroduce you to your own mod, at least in the non-EE Refinements parts, the tweak the mod does is the removal of the spcl915 from the table, and replaces it with the UMD, what that does is, it assigns new kits to EVERY already exising kit user, this is done so that the kit now can use the expanded kit flags that are reassigned to have access to the previously unusable items. This includes the "Thief" -kit, which is normally the number 0. Making it no longer a non-kitted character, and you know what happens when you export one of those ? -from a moded game. You break them.

Add in an item after your mods install, and the item won't be usable by thieves, any of them even when they get the supposed usability ability. Add in a new thief kit mod and the same cheese is just more cheese. And you potentially run into the 255 kit limit in the non-EE games, as you tripple the thief kit amount, make it extreamly hard to install a few specific mods that use the kit flags and other things.

Also do you even understand why the ALWAYS block has the kit.ids edit... it's there just for this.

So from the removal of the opcode 302 from useage, to crippling tripple kit and disabiling items tweak. Nice going.

Edited by The Imp, 03 May 2020 - 01:30 AM.

#67 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

It has come to my attention that Refinements has been hosing STATDESC.2da on the EE games.  I've updated the 4.0 branch to version 4.27 to fix that.