Photo

old install of bgt-weidu no longer working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gamesnfo997@hotmail.com

gamesnfo997@hotmail.com
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:03 AM

I don't remember all of the mods i had installed but I know it worked.  Now when I load up BGmain i get a black screen during the Interplay and Black Isle Studios screens and on the start screens I only have artwork, no text at all.  I can click in the area of buttons but I never see any text.

I'd really like to be able to play this install, since I had been able to in the past so if anyone has anything to help me I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:17 AM

I don't remember all of the mods i had installed but I know it worked.  Now when I load up BGmain i get a black screen during the Interplay and Black Isle Studios screens and on the start screens I only have artwork, no text at all.  I can click in the area of buttons but I never see any text.

I'd really like to be able to play this install, since I had been able to in the past so if anyone has anything to help me I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

Edited by Roxanne, 23 March 2016 - 04:21 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:02 AM

Try running bgconfig.exe again.  Maybe your video drivers updated since the last time you played.

#4 gamesnfo997@hotmail.com

gamesnfo997@hotmail.com
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:58 PM

I'm sure I've updated video drivers since the install but running bgconfig hasn't made any difference.  

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:48 PM

I'm sure I've updated video drivers since the install but running bgconfig hasn't made any difference.  

A few things you can check

- Check in you baldur.ini file (any text editor will do to open it) that the path to your game is set correctly.

- Make sure you start the game with bgmain.exe that is in this game directory

- Otherwise, you may have overwritten files by error when doing later installs (e.g.if you used the default path for later installations.)

- Check that dialog.tlk and chitin.key are in the game directory you want to use

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#6 gamesnfo997@hotmail.com

gamesnfo997@hotmail.com
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

got it working, thanks for your help.  i was a driver behind on my video card, once i updated it worked just fine