Photo

BWS + SCS install error for BG1:EE

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nijel

Nijel
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:11 AM

When I try to install some mods on BWS, everything is fine until I get this error :

"Failure("resource [%BLESS%.spl] not found for 'COPY'")" for the SCS Component 5900: Initialise AI components.

When I take a look at the debug, I see that error

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [%BLESS%.spl] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  93 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
Uninstalled     93 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
ERROR: Failure("resource [%BLESS%.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 71324 string entries

I am not sure how to fix that issue.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

Your spell.ids file is likely out of whack.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Nijel

Nijel
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:27 AM

So how can I fix it ? I have BG2:EE as well if I can use that spell.ids file somehow

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:39 AM

I need more info, the weidu.log's info would be nice as well as the whole SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG files content(that actually contains the weidu.log info) like said above.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Nijel

Nijel
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

My bad, Here it is.

I trier removing lolfixer and it didnt change anything.

Attached Files

#6 Nijel

Nijel
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

I attached it in the previous post.

#7 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

We need also WeiDU.log if someone want's to recreate you issue.

Nope, just read this portion of the setup debug:

Spoiler
Combine that with the other file and you should have all the info in the weidu.log ... Like I said in my second post...

#8 Nijel

Nijel
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

By the way I tried to install SCS as the only mod on a clean BG install and it worked.

I'll try to find where the conflict comes from.

#9 Maciuszek

Maciuszek
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

Hi guys, I have the same problem but with  BG2:EE. Any ideas what might be the cause? It's also worth to check a guy's post with similar problem and his log here http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27997

EDIT: I checked what we, 3 ppl with the same problem have common in log and it is only IWDIFICATION AND BGTWEAKS so my guess it is one of them

EDIT II: And NOPE. I have a copy without IWDIFICATION AND BG TWEAKS and still it is the same error message.

EDIT III: OK, it seems I managed to solve the problem. 1st I installed SCS without patch, just vanilla mod. I noticed problem with .ITM file added by spells mod. So I unistalled it. Then installed vanilla SCS. And it works. Cheers!

Attached Files

Edited by Maciuszek, 22 August 2016 - 12:27 PM.