Looking for Tortured souls V7.04

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Minsc and Bouh

Minsc and Bouh
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:38 AM

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, and I was looking to play Baldur's gate again after 15 years when I heard about this seemingly awesome modding community. It looks like BWP would be the way to go for me, and I will try an installation through BWS very soon. Let's cross fingers.

As I was looking through the user manual for BWP, it looks like v7.04 of the mod Tortured souls is the one supported for BWP. However, I can't find this version anymore, only the newest v7.05.

I asked the author Vlad about it but he doesn't have it. Does anyone still have the v7.04 and would like to share it?

Thanks!

Cheers

Edited by Minsc and Bouh, 04 April 2016 - 02:40 AM.

#2 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

Hi Minsc and Bouh:

I have TSV704, but it is 85,796 KB (83.78 MB) which is larger than SHS allows.  The problem with a lot of sites is that they do not keep old files.

TSV705 does work with BWS.

Tom

#3 Minsc and Bouh

Minsc and Bouh
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:51 AM

Ouch indeed. But I thought some people had some issues with installing v7.05?

#4 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

Hi Minsc and Bouh:

I thought I posted my solution, but cannot find it now.  With TSV705 and BWS, I needed to install components #0, #1, #2 and #3 plus BDTOB174 components #0, #15 and #19.  I guess you can do the same in BWP if you edit the install file.

Tom

#5 Minsc and Bouh

Minsc and Bouh
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

For now, this is all chinese to me (no offense to chinese people), but I guess what you said will make sense when I start the installation with BWS?

#6 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

For now, this is all chinese to me (no offense to chinese people), but I guess what you said will make sense when I start the installation with BWS?

Yea, took me like 4 years to learn these guys's lingo.

1-BWS= Big World Set Up

2-BWS has about 7 screens you will have to fill out information on.

3- On the 3rd or 4th screen, at the bottom, you will see a drop down tab where you can pick what type of installation you want.  "Tactics" is the one I mostly use. Pick it.

4- Below that there is a button you can press to bring up a list of all the mods that belong to Tactics.  However some are currently not checked due to recent reports of bugs.  I recommend not messing with them.  Its a long list.

5- TSV705= Tourchered Souls version 705, Look for it and click the plus sign next to it..and you will see all the mods different componets.  So in other words, on bigger mods you can actually choose to add or not add various features.  He is saying pick options 0,1,2,3 and then find the MOD BDTOB version 174 click the plus sign next to that MOD and pick options 0,15,19.......