• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:15 AM

Hi, made a FMC kit with using this setup:

https://forums.beamd...lti-classing/p3

It comes selectable but when i choose it and click done the game breaks...

I have changed the hexagon value. The kit comes like this on kitlist.2da

52               GEMAKIT          103559           103560           103561           BLANKCLAB        72               0x01001001       17               0x00004034

Here is the kit, dno what makes game break. I first tryed 0x00004000    17 hexagon value, then i changed it into 0x01001001      17

Have also tryed 0x01004001       17.

Should it maby be 0x01005001       17

This is what the example says about it, on a berzerker/priest of thalos kit:

~0x01004001 8~ //usability flag is combination of the two kits + 0x4000; 8 is the class ID for fighter/cleric

Attached File  Gel87's Maleficent FMC Mod.rar   2.52MB   168 downloads

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:37 AM

BLANKCLAB(.2da) -has a 9 characters in the file name... to my memory the game can't process those correctly. As it's restricted to 8 (and the .2da)...

You had this break before too, if I remember correctly.

You probably don't want to add the 0x00004000 to the 0x01001001, because it adds a restriction that is very hard to notice, but there might be a few. Say like Talon's holy symbol that is not usable by the non Talon clerics(aka Priest of Talon).

Edited by The Imp, 07 July 2016 - 03:45 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:02 AM

Okay thanks, but i think the multiclass.tpa copies that one into every multiclasses ingame and those still works. The kit clab itself is putted into an other section of the tp2 file.

#4 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:12 AM

I Will Also try using ee keeper to see if any of the spells or items are fucked xD

Was maby stupid of Me to try it first time on a brand New untested kit, i guess i could start it by testing on a kensai/ninja assassin kit xD

Edited by Gel87, 08 July 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#5 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:52 AM

Okay thanks, but i think the multiclass.tpa copies that one into every multiclasses ingame and those still works.

Erhm, what ever the other mods do, it doesn't matter... they can shorten the name or do what ever 458458945693495934... but this line in the ADD_KIT code can't be like it is:

~GEMAKIT/MultiClass/blankclab.2da~

As it needs to be 1 letter shorter.

Ouh, yeah, the last time you had similar problem was with the LU**.2da file... still, it crashed there too if memory serves, so.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:52 AM

You aren't following the instructions for that function.

You shouldn't be using "blankclab.2da" you should make your own unique clab file the same way you do for every other kit.

Basically you should code this up *exactly* like a single-class kit, with the SOLE exception that you put the FMC class # into it (so 17 instead of 2, or whatever).

Then, immediately after running the fl#add_kit_ee routine, you run the qdmulticlass routine. You only need to enter about 5 lines - just ACTION_INCLUDE the function's .tpa file, then LAF to call the function, and feed it whatever information it needs (clab table name, base class, etc.) That's it.

#7 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

Okay thanks, but i think the multiclass.tpa copies that one into every multiclasses ingame and those still works.

Erhm, what ever the other mods do, it doesn't matter... they can shorten the name or do what ever 458458945693495934... but this line in the ADD_KIT code can't be like it is:

~GEMAKIT/MultiClass/blankclab.2da~

As it needs to be 1 letter shorter.

Ouh, yeah, the last time you had similar problem was with the LU**.2da file... still, it crashed there too if memory serves, so.

Yes i had a problem with to long lua table earlier :P Ill try to shorten it, if needed. However i have tested some more with ee keeper now. Items and spells are fine, with exception of a couple of effects needs to be changed on spells to avoid forexample wing slam bam permanent/until death, and staff cast a animation i need to remove when using ranged attack. But nothing breaks from that. Also then i added the kit, it worked also, but when i leveled up with maleficent kit it broke, it did not break when leveling with FMC trueclass kit.

You aren't following the instructions for that function.

You shouldn't be using "blankclab.2da" you should make your own unique clab file the same way you do for every other kit.

Basically you should code this up *exactly* like a single-class kit, with the SOLE exception that you put the FMC class # into it (so 17 instead of 2, or whatever).

Then, immediately after running the fl#add_kit_ee routine, you run the qdmulticlass routine. You only need to enter about 5 lines - just ACTION_INCLUDE the function's .tpa file, then LAF to call the function, and feed it whatever information it needs (clab table name, base class, etc.) That's it.

Okay, but then he would gain the clab spells 3 times? One for each class(Fighter, Mage, Cleric), instead of just gaining them at fighter, and the other 2 having clean tables. I tryed to follow his setup:

// BERSERKER / PRIEST OF TALOS
// -----------------------------
BEGIN @4
//GROUP ~Core Revisions~ 
DESIGNATED 1
INCLUDE ~KittedMulti/lib/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~
INCLUDE ~KittedMulti/lib/qd_multiclass.tpa~

LAF qd_multiclass_tables STR_VAR mc_dir = ~KittedMulti/data/multiclass~ END 

ADD_KIT ~QD_1X19~
~QD_1X19 0 0 0 0 5 5 0 1~ //clasweap.2da
~QD_1X19 0 0 0 0 5 5 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 5 0 0 5 5 5 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~ //weapprof.2da  
~QD_1X19 9 0 0 0 9 0~ //abclasrq.2da 
~QD_1X19 0 0 0 0 0 0~ //abclsmod.2da
~QD_1X19 17 0 0 0 17 0~ //abdcdsrq.2da
~QD_1X19 15 0 0 0 15 0~ //abdcscrq.2da 
~QD_1X19 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1~ //alignmnt.2da
~QD_1X19 0 1 1 1 1 0~ //dualclas.2da
~KittedMulti/data/multiclass/blankclab.2da~ //CLAB
~K_FC_H K_FC_D K_FC_G K_FC_E K_FC_HO K_FC_HE K_FC_HL~ 
~0x01004001 8~ //usability flag is combination of the two kits + 0x4000; 8 is the class ID for fighter/cleric
~FC0~ 
~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG26 RING06 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL20 BRAC10 BELT06 * * * POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 HAMM07 SW1H27 STAF08~ //25STWEAP.2da
SAY @5
SAY @6
SAY @7 

LAF fl#add_kit_ee 
INT_VAR
briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (@7)
STR_VAR 
kit_name = ~QD_1X19~

END 

LAF qd_multiclass
STR_VAR
kit_name = ~QD_1X19~ 
kit_clab = ~CLABFI02~
base_class = ~F~
mc_dir = ~KittedMulti/data/multiclass~
END 

LAF qd_multiclass
STR_VAR
kit_name = ~QD_1X19~ 
kit_clab = ~CLABPR02~
base_class = ~P~
mc_dir = ~KittedMulti/data/multiclass~
END 

I only run the LAF qd:milticlass once since im only adding 1 kit.

EDIT1:
Now i tested something new:
- Made  a new clean clab file called GELCLAX.2da and put in in mod folder(seven letter file name)
- Changed this ~GEMAKIT/MultiClass/blankclab.2da~ with ~GEMAKIT/GELCLAX.2da~ 
- Added this line under the copy part right after INCLUDE actions: ~GEMAKIT/GELCLAX.2da~ ~override~

Still got same bug... :S

Edited by Gel87, 08 July 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#8 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:25 PM

I made a Kensai / Ninja Assassin kit now, that works...

Don't know why this wont work :S Pretty sure its something to do with either clab or spells... Still wierd it would break game like that when it dont do when im using all spells and adding kit with EE keeper without issues before i give him enought XP to level, then when i click level up it breaks :S 

Can it have anything to do with stats? I got -8 value at one of them...

Edited by Gel87, 08 July 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

Upload the files ...

#10 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:00 AM

Upload the files ...

Okay :)

This is his example, be aware that his .tra file is buggy, it does not work with my notepad at least:

Attached File  KittedMulti.rar   860.93K   149 downloads

This is the Kensai-Ninja Assassin kit i made who works, however it requires Ninja Assassin kit to be installed before this.

Also, since the .tra file was buggy, i made a new one, and i just put a sword there for test, gonna change that later :) 

Attached File  Gel87's Ninja Assassin.rar   850.88K   162 downloads

Attached File  Gel87's Kensai-Ninja Assassin FT kit.rar   879.15K   152 downloads

This is the FMC kit i made, who doesn't work:

Attached File  Gel87's Maleficent FMC Mod V0.2.rar   2.54MB   149 downloads

So i guess i will test a Kensai/Mage/Ninja assassin kit next to see if 3class is possible with this setup...

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:42 AM

This is his example, be aware that his .tra file is buggy, it does not work with my notepad at least:
?? Notepad++ can open it with ease... it's encoded like it needs to be for EE games(Batshit crazy/UTF-8 without BOM).
 //WEAPPROF.2DA
 //11                               T   S           F   Q             S S
 //10                               W   C           L   U             W I
 //9        BG1p-          *B L S   O   I   W       A   A             O N
 //8        roffs          *A O H   H   M   A       I   R C   S       R G
 //7        L S  '        M*S N O   A   I   R     H L   T R L H     2 D L 2                 E E E E E E E E E E E
 //6        _ _       S   I*T G R   N K T D H     A M   E O O O     H A E W E E E E E E E E X X X X X X X X X X X
 //5        S S   S B P   S*A S T   D A A A A   S L O   R S N R   S A N W E X X X X X X X X T T T T T T T T T T T
 //4        W W   P L I   S*R W S   E T R G M C P B R M S S G T D L N D E A T T T T T T T T R R R R R R R R R R R
 //3        O O B E U K A I*D O W A D A W G M L E E N A T B B B A I D S A P R R R R R R R R A A A A A A A A A A A
 //2        R R O A N E X L*S R O X S N A E E U A R I C A O O O R N E H P O A A A A A A A A 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2
 //1        D D W R T D E E*W D R E W A K R R B R D N E F W W W T G D I O N 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
  ~GEMAKIT  2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 4 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~ 
The 2's before the * rows should be 0's.
AKA: ~GEMAKIT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 2....
LAF fl#add_kit_ee // launch_action_function start
  INT_VAR
    briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~Maleficent is a Warrior Fearie who got both magic, wings and staff to strike enemies with.~)
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~
    clswpbon = ~1 0 1~
    numwslot = ~2~
    clascolr = ~35 67 67 25 80~
    clsrcreq = ~0 0 1 0 0 0 0~
    clasthac = ~3~
END // end of the LAF (launch_action_function) block.

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GELCLAM~
		base_class = ~F~
		mc_dir = ~GEMAKIT/MultiClass~
END 

Erhm, where's the Necromancer and the Priest of Talos kit's "LAF qd_multiclass" -functionality ? That's just the fighter. And you should use the vanilla one...
Aka you need to make it:
  INT_VAR
    briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~Maleficent is a Warrior Fearie who got both magic, wings and staff to strike enemies with.~)
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~
    clswpbon = ~1 0 1~
    numwslot = ~2~
    clasthac = ~3~

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GLABFI01~
		base_class = ~F~
END 

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GLABMA03~
		base_class = ~M~
END 
LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GLABPR02~
		base_class = ~C~
END  
This is ... "If I got the process correctly."

Edited by The Imp, 09 July 2016 - 05:55 AM.

#12 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:39 AM

?? Notepad++ can open it with ease... it's encoded like it needs to be for EE games(Batshit crazy/UTF-8 without BOM).
 //WEAPPROF.2DA
 //11                               T   S           F   Q             S S
 //10                               W   C           L   U             W I
 //9        BG1p-          *B L S   O   I   W       A   A             O N
 //8        roffs          *A O H   H   M   A       I   R C   S       R G
 //7        L S  '        M*S N O   A   I   R     H L   T R L H     2 D L 2                 E E E E E E E E E E E
 //6        _ _       S   I*T G R   N K T D H     A M   E O O O     H A E W E E E E E E E E X X X X X X X X X X X
 //5        S S   S B P   S*A S T   D A A A A   S L O   R S N R   S A N W E X X X X X X X X T T T T T T T T T T T
 //4        W W   P L I   S*R W S   E T R G M C P B R M S S G T D L N D E A T T T T T T T T R R R R R R R R R R R
 //3        O O B E U K A I*D O W A D A W G M L E E N A T B B B A I D S A P R R R R R R R R A A A A A A A A A A A
 //2        R R O A N E X L*S R O X S N A E E U A R I C A O O O R N E H P O A A A A A A A A 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2
 //1        D D W R T D E E*W D R E W A K R R B R D N E F W W W T G D I O N 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
  ~GEMAKIT  2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 4 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~ 
The 2's before the * rows should be 0's.
AKA: ~GEMAKIT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 2....
  INT_VAR
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~
    clswpbon = ~1 0 1~
    numwslot = ~2~
    clasthac = ~3~

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GELCLAM~
		base_class = ~F~
END 

Erhm, where's the Necromancer and the Priest of Talos kit's "LAF qd_multiclass" -functionality ? That's just the fighter. And you should use the vanilla one...
Aka you need to make it:
  INT_VAR
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~
    clswpbon = ~1 0 1~
    numwslot = ~2~
    clasthac = ~3~

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GLABFI01~
		base_class = ~F~
END 

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GLABMA03~
		base_class = ~M~
END 
LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GLABPR02~
		base_class = ~C~
END  
This is ... "If I got the process correctly."

Omg thanks! :D That gotta be the problem, i was thinking completely wrong. I will try this evening after kids are asleep, or now if they play nice by themselves xD

Don't know why i could not see this myself, guess i was blinded by my own work xD

Yes u have the process correct, although i need one of them to be GELCLAM, i guess mage one :P

Well about the .tra file: When i opened with notepad weidu refused it, even if had it blank weidu said there was an character which should not be there and parsin error... Another guy had same problem...

I fixed it now :D 

Looks like this:

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~CLABMA01~
		base_class = ~F~
END 

LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~GECLAM~
		base_class = ~M~
END 
LAF qd_multiclass
	STR_VAR
		kit_name = ~GEMAKIT~ 
		kit_clab = ~CLABMA01~
		base_class = ~C~
END  

And i changed the profience so that BG1 style was 0.

It still broke, but i had this:

// these are the stat modifiers at character creation. Both positive an negative values are accepted.
  ~GEMAKIT                0       0       -8       0       0       0~

Changed it into:
   // these are the stat modifiers at character creation. Both positive an negative values are accepted.
  ~GEMAKIT                0       0       0       0       0       0~

Wanted to nerf constitution but did not work... Maby this need to match for it to work:

// minimum stats for the kit. Use low values, otherwise it will be too easy to roll high stats.
  ~GEMAKIT                14       17       13       10       7       4~

// minimum stats for the kit. Use low values, otherwise it will be too easy to roll high stats.
  ~GEMAKIT                14       17       10       10       7       4~

Edited by Gel87, 09 July 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#13 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:18 PM

No. Why are you running the qdmulticlass routine 3 times??? And why are you entering the base clabma01 file for the kit_clab variable??

- you're making one kit, it should run the qdmulticlass function once

- your kit has a custom clab file, that (and only that) should be listed as the kit_clab.

A FMC kit automatically gets all effects from clabfi01.2da, clabma01.2da, and clabpr01.2da. What this function does, is take your custom .2da file (kit_clab) and convert all of the spells in it into 177 effects that get added to one (ONE) of those three base clab tables. So you should only run qdmulticlass once. One kit should only ever have one base_class.

#14 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:59 PM

No. Why are you running the qdmulticlass routine 3 times??? And why are you entering the base clabma01 file for the kit_clab variable??
Well, it's a Berserker/Necromancer/Priest of Talos... Not a Fighter/Mage/Cleric. That's why the qdmulti is run 3 times(note that my example was correctly made, while Gel87's was rather off)... the KittedMulti runs it 2 times for the kit it makes. ...........
And not clabfi01.2da, clabma01.2da, and clabpr01.2da, but clabfi02.2da, clabma03.2da, and clabpr02.2da ... the 1's have only ****, these actually have something in them.

Edited by The Imp, 10 July 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#15 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

It is supposed to be a FMC with only Maleficent clab on one of them and then the 2 others base.

Well, actually i think i could have just done it once, and the 2 other would gain theire base class clab tables. I think it was my fault in the stats that caused the freeze. (I had -8 modifier to constitution, but minimum constitution was set to 14 or smt, which don't add up.

I doesent mather what clab table you use on them though, as long as they are clean, or whatever u intented to have.

However adding more than one kit is no problem at all since u dont add more than one kit, u just add more than 1 clab table, class depended. My Kensai/Ninja assassin works perfect, the kit there is called ingame "Kensai / Ninja Assassin" with kitname "GELKITKN" meanwhile u look stats you can look in the left corner seeing that both classes are there classes :)

Attached File  Baldr007.bmp   3MB   200 downloads

Attached File  Baldr008.bmp   3MB   273 downloads

Edited by Gel87, 09 July 2016 - 11:02 PM.

#16 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

It is supposed to be a FMC with only Maleficent clab on one of them and then the 2 others base.

Well, actually i think i could have just done it once, and the 2 other would gain theire base class clab tables.

Yes, that's what you're supposed to do.  If you add the same clab to multiple base classes, you will just get all of the kit abilities multiple times.  Which is not what you are trying to do.

#17 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:56 AM

Well, Gel87 added the normal mage kit abilities in his example, twice ... to his custom mage clab file... it's not a disaster, but it's not a real Berserker/Necromancer/Priest of Talos either... especially if any of their kits get changed by a previously installed mod.
And yeah, you can't have 14 and -8... as the minimum of allowable ability score is 22... and humans max at 18. Now if the minimum was 3(or 1 or zero any will do, as the race min will still be there.... ), then it would be allowed, as the max then will be 10 (with the -8 reduced from the total)...

Edited by The Imp, 10 July 2016 - 09:57 AM.

#18 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

When did anyone ever say anything about a berserker/necromancer/priest of talos??

#19 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:07 PM

If you look at the usability ...
52               GEMAKIT          103559           103560           103561           BLANKCLAB        72               0x01001001       17               0x00004034
Should give you the answer.... which I raised earlier...

#20 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

If you look at the usability ...

Should give you the answer.... which I raised earlier...

Ye that is correct :P 

But i have changed it into 0x00004000 now :P But atm testing the Kenzai/Ninja Assassin :P Btw how can i make human flesh? Neve made before xD I know i need to do the quest and find the paper at the tannin, then buy a book of zentahim, but last time i killed the silver dragon i was unable to leave underdark xD