• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:55 AM

Thanks for your input - corrected it all. Chloe uses her dialect and her counterpart in dialogue uses common. Maybe it is worth in some half sentence to provide a hint to explain the difference.

I still try to figure out what Volo uses to write down his *true* stories.

Hmm I thought I recalled adding it as one of the questions you could ask Chloe about with a force-talk? I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#62 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for your input - corrected it all. Chloe uses her dialect and her counterpart in dialogue uses common. Maybe it is worth in some half sentence to provide a hint to explain the difference.

I still try to figure out what Volo uses to write down his *true* stories.

Hmm I thought I recalled adding it as one of the questions you could ask Chloe about with a force-talk? I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.

You can ask her about Yr'kai religion and she explains the two gods and why they are worshipped etc. You can also ask her about her godly mother and how she came to know about it and what it means to her. There is nothing to explain the different spelling/pronounciation.

Also, I dug a bit deeper into the already existing slaver quest. It s developped to some point (needs some debugging), it happens in Athkatla after Underdark. You follow the trace of a captured boy and confront a group of slavers in the tanner's building. After you eliminate them all you find a letter from which Chloe learns about the extinction of her tribe. (There is also a hint that someone named Illa-Sera was responsible for the massacre- in search of an elf boy with strange talents...- this was probably intended to tie the story to Illasera in ToB and the fact that Chloe's village all became victims of the beginning Bhaalspawn war of ToB and that boy was another bhaalspawn).

The current triggers for this episode are very restrictive (you need Imoen in party AND the PC romance AND Imoen relationshp must be in a very specific status). My idea is to leave that episode and plot line basically intact but to make it more openly accessibe, i.e. add triggers for a male PC or non-romancing female to receive the quest as well. Afterwards the way you solve the quest and the way you treat the shell shocked Chloe will determine your further relationship (for an active romance the path already exists).

Decisions made here define the Tree of Life reaction from Chloe and the ToB contents.

The elf-boy story will be further evolving when you face Illasera and the other bhaalspawns of ToB. The fact that Chloe is in some way now victim/avenger of her people's fate during the bhaalspawn campaign will outline her relationship to the PC (including how the PC decides to deal with the own heritage).

------> looks like there was already more planned and prepared, e.g. that slaver plot is coded and written, I just need to test a few variations and correct some errors in script files and DVs. The romance talks after you helped her with the quest look a bit sketched/unfinished (actually there is only one, the rest was probably planned for ToB, which makes sense.). However these unearthed ideas and your other input already form a quite solid baseline from which further contents can be build.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 April 2017 - 01:44 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#63 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

Ah right I do recall us putting that scene in. It was more of less working when we added it... I remember being quite pleased that Chloe actually walked to the water's edge when she vomited from the shock. I believe at the time we had only added it in as part of the PC-Chloe romance, which for the most part required Imoen to be in the party as well. I would have liked to add variations of it for the friendship paths. but at the time I had to finish the first part of the mod quickly so adding in things like that were to occur later when I could work it in.

Of course, we went through like three coders while working on Chloe so some odd bits in the code are bound to have happened. We more or less reached a good "publishing" point and then added in all the force talk questions and flirts that users requested and we were going to flesh out the ending more but the final coder was only helping to finish it up so I would have had to get another... and I was completely burnt out from playtesting as many scenarios as I could to flush out the bugs. So it's probably a miracle it worked as well as it did. ;-)

I'm not opposed to the restriction of Imoen being around being removed, I seem to recall a few of the love talks with the PC having interjections from Imoen. At the time my reasoning was that Chloe wouldn't understand going to all that trouble to rescue the girl was essentially the PC's sister only to drop her off in some inn and run off without her. But giving the players more freedom, especially those that like to change up their party a bit, is fine. I feel Chloe would understand letting Immy get some rest with the idea that they would bring her along on some of the travels or at the very least check on her. Family is important to Chloe and in the end it's why she was doing what she was doing, providing for her village with her mercenary work. It was also because if the PC wasn't romancing Chloe (whether because they were just friends or the PC was male or what have you) then she was supposed to romance Imoen. I think we added an option to essentially tell Chloe and Imoen to keep their "love stuff" to themselves which essentially just turned off the player seeing those dialogues. That was added partly so the player could decide they didn't want to see them (or to not see them again on additional playthroughs) and also as a sort of compatibility option where the player could just assume Chloe and Immy were just friends so that Imoen could be romanced by someone else, or the PC, or whatever else might have been added by mods since then. I'm not sure what all was definitely added or what was just talked about at this point though.

#64 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:18 AM

I'm not opposed to the restriction of Imoen being around being removed

It is not the idea to do that completely. Just in some later parts it does not seem necessary, espcially if it is not logical in a number of cases (e.g. some events only triggers if Imoen is present, but all the related dialogues have options for her being there or not).

The part to get Imoen safely out of the asylum and back into civilisation is essential. This is why you came and this is why Chloe came with you. So you can only separate from Imoen while Chloe stays when you are safely back from Underdark. It requires a reasoning that Chloe understands and accepts - like she needs a rest after all she has been through at the asylum.

Requiring Imoen for the ToB part would be very restrictive. After Imoen has her soul back, she has to a large extend played out her role in the main plot. Unless you have some Imoen related mod for ToB installed, she has no own content anymore. With PC + Chloe + Imoen you would have half of your ToB party already fixed. There is a good reason to keep your best friend/sister safely out of a war that is trying to eliminate all of your bhaalspawn *siblings* (which includes the bhaalspawn Imoen). In the light of Chloe just having lost all of her *extended family* due to one suspected bhaalspawn this makes good sense.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 April 2017 - 03:24 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#65 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

The encounter with Chloe's father is bugging me a bit. I can understand the outcome but how cold Chloe was to the whole situation doesn't quite suit her. Feeling abandoned by her parents is one of the driving forces of Chloe's personality. It's why she reacts so poorly to Cernd's abandoning of his child... why Chloe is wanting to help the player rescue Imoen, and so on. I would suggest something more like this:

Spoiler

Afterwards I'd suggest a moment of quiet reflection on her father's words and then she retrieves his swords and is then questioned by the PC. Her greater understanding of the nature of sacrifice and what it truly means to be a Yr'kai would be a good impetus for her final sword upgrades.

I had always preferred the sword upgrades be more a reflection of Chloe's advancement as a person and her nature rather than an external source (like Akadia's interference) but I wasn't too sure on how to accomplish that at the time. A gradual strengthening of her swords from her quests would make the most sense and would be tied to character growth. Rescuing Aran's daughter made her realize how much she can care for people, even those outside her tribe. A bit like a weapon taking shape. Losing her village later on is a huge tragedy and shakes the foundations of her life and forces her to reevaluate what she is living and possibly dying for now, like the fires on a sword as it's tempering. And now with the loss of her father and his imparted wisdom, all the lessons that she has grown up with and knows, she finally gains a deeper understanding of. Now the sword is being doused and evaluated. If more moments get added it could be an even more gradual upgrading system which would help with game balance... but choosing those moments was always difficult because they had to be fairly universal and consistent with the progress of the story. Events in the main story acting as triggers would probably work I think?

#66 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

Brilliant - Why did you abandon the mod?

Anyway, except for the *I am your father.* line - Chloe knows that, she told the PC her father's name already. (I was about to enhance that dialogue anyway with adding some of the additional information from your posts, now we will have yours instead.)

I have as well added some dialogue for ToB

- her meeting with Illasera, who commanded the attack on her village to get the elf boy bhaalspawn there (it also explains why Illasera is the only of the Five who has no army but attacks the group almost alone - the Yr'kai lost the battle but they did not go down without resistance.)

- a talk with the PC about this.

- dialogue about *what now*:

Having lost family and tribe etc, she is now in a similar situation like the protagonist. Bhaal and the Five are the common enemy and whatever their life will be afterwards (together or not), none of them has a place to return to anymore. They now both have to give their life a new purpose in some uncertain future.

Still needs so variations for whether they are just friends or lovers and how deep Chloe's respect for PC is and vice versa.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#67 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:37 AM

Brilliant - Why did you abandon the mod?

Anyway, except for the *I am your father.* line - Chloe knows that, she told the PC her father's name already. (I was about to enhance that dialogue anyway with adding some of the additional information from your posts, now we will have yours instead.)

Did she? I don't recall that and Masamune doesn't sound like the name I'd have picked... though it's possible one of the people I had giving me suggestions named him. Some of the finer details I've forgotten, obviously. Given the Viking theme of the Yr'kai I'd have likely gone with a name like Yngvar or something along those lines. No matter.

I abandoned it because I didn't have anyone to code it anymore and I was burnt out on playing the game. After the initial release I was pretty much on my own so all I could do were a few obvious bug fixes and dialogue fixes. I'm a writer and a musician, the only coding I can do is following some examples. ;-) I have no idea what half of it means. And after a year or more of minor bugfixes, waiting to see if anyone else was interested in coding, waiting to see if another voice actress would come along since Wynne had only recorded about half the lines before disappearing... and there were newer and probably better mods coming out and my life was getting busy... so walking away was about the only thing I could do. But I still cared enough to poke my head back around occasionally (obviously still do). So I'm happy to contribute what I can and when I can, just bear in mind the finer details about what I wrote 14-15 years ago (whoa... geez) will escape me. Some things like the details about Yr'kai culture I've had a lot of time in the back of my head to work on though (as evidenced by the random Yr'kai facts thread).

#68 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:18 AM

This is what Chloe says to the PC about her father (and that is what gave me the idea, I played the original mod a few times and always was waiting for him to appear...):

~The only thing I know about him was his name was Masemeron. Supposedly he was or is a great warrior, but strangely enough no one seems to have heard of him outside of my tribe. ~

This is why I would suggest to change your proposal in these lines

=~I am Masemeron out of Brenna of Yr'kai-Shen-Do.~
==RChloeJ~Masemeron! I was told this was my father's name. ~
=~Our gods weep when brotherfather and sister daughter shed each other's blood, but they understand it is at times necessary. *sighs*~
=~I am Chloe out of Akadia of Yr'kai-Razin-Do. I will bear your swords honorably to Shen-do's Great Hall after this is all finished.~
==RCMasem~Hmph. Confident, just like a true... wait. Akadia? No... this tragedy is all the more bitter.~
=~It is my seed from which you sprung, Chloe. I am your father.~
==RChloeJ~What? Then why? Why is this the first time we meet? Why did you... abandon me?~

The Sandrah Saga

#69 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:07 AM

Hmm... how about this:

=~I am Yngvar out of Brenna of Yr'kai-Shen-Do.~
==RChloeJ~Our gods weep when brother and sister shed each other's blood, but they understand it is at times necessary. *sighs*~
=~I am Chloe out of Akadia of Yr'kai-Razin-Do. I will bear your swords honorably to Shen-do's Great Hall after this is all finished.~
==RCMasem~Hmph. Confident, just like a true... wait. Akadia? No... this tragedy is all the more bitter.~
==RChloeJ~What? No, I was told my father's name is Masemeron.~
==RCMasem~Silly girl, Masemeron is an Old Yr'kai term for a swordmaster. It is a title, not a name.~
==RChloeJ~I... never realized that. No wonder no one outside of my village knew of you.-
=~If what you say is true, then why? Why is this the first time we meet? Why did you... abandon me?~

Basically making it a title rather than a name so no revisions to his records or how his name is displayed would be necessary and it would fit both with what she was told, why no one knew of him, and why they don't immediately realize that they are father and daughter until she reveals her mother's name.

Edited by Lucythebeast, 07 April 2017 - 02:10 AM.

#70 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:32 AM

Hmm... how about this:

=~I am Yngvar out of Brenna of Yr'kai-Shen-Do.~
==RChloeJ~Our gods weep when brother and sister shed each other's blood, but they understand it is at times necessary. *sighs*~
==RChloeJ~What? No, I was told my father's name is Masemeron.~
==RCMasem~Silly girl, Masemeron is an Old Yr'kai term for a swordmaster. It is a title, not a name.~
==RChloeJ~I... never realized that. No wonder no one outside of my village knew of you.-
=~If what you say is true, then why? Why is this the first time we meet? Why did you... abandon me?~

Basically making it a title rather than a name so no revisions to his records or how his name is displayed would be necessary and it would fit both with what she was told, why no one knew of him, and why they don't immediately realize that they are father and daughter until she reveals her mother's name.

Yes, very good - first the shock of having to face one of her tribe, then finding and losing her father in one tragic moment.

All I really need to do is to change the cre-file name to *Yngvar*.

PS - not to be irritated, the dialogues in the new files are in a technical order (driven by how they need to be appended to the original files), not chronological as they appear in the game.

Edited by Roxanne, 07 April 2017 - 02:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#71 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

Whoops looks like I forgot I had given Chloe's village a name back when that slaver quest was written up. I prefer the naming format I came up with more recently... La'risadiim sounds a bit too elvish to me. And the Tribe-Founders name-Do (home) naming scheme is distinctive and has a sense of history to it. An outsider might refer to the village as simply Razin or Razin-Do... or the full Yr'kai-Razin-Do name depending on preference. It's up to you if you want to use the old name or replace it with the new one.

#72 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

Whoops looks like I forgot I had given Chloe's village a name back when that slaver quest was written up. I prefer the naming format I came up with more recently... La'risadiim sounds a bit too elvish to me. And the Tribe-Founders name-Do (home) naming scheme is distinctive and has a sense of history to it. An outsider might refer to the village as simply Razin or Razin-Do... or the full Yr'kai-Razin-Do name depending on preference. It's up to you if you want to use the old name or replace it with the new one.

I think the old name is preferable in this case, it is used throughout the mod, also in the letter found on the slaver. It is also contained in all the translations. Another thing is, it makes this specific conversation less confusing for the player who other wise has to deal with Yr'kai-YYYY-Do and Yr'kai-ZZZZZ-Do and Shen-do's Great Hall etc all in a couple of sentences (and the necessary background information to understand it is not contained in any of the earlier conversations).

The Sandrah Saga

#73 -Josh11-

-Josh11-

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

Hey there :)

first of all: thank you so much for updating the mod. I really liked playing it back in the day. Secondly though, I am sadly experiencing problems with the current build. I tried installing it on a vanilla (unmodded) BG2 EE (v2.3); the main component installs without problems, but when I try to install the new extended content I get a parsing error.

Excerpt from the debug:

Install Component [Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH)]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH)] [v1.6 EE]
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[BREGG.DLG] loaded
[./override/RCHLOEJ.DLG] loaded, 174138 bytes
[RCHLOEJ.DLG] loaded
[BHARVAL.DLG] loaded
[BREGG.DLG] saved    3 states, 4 trans, 0 strig, 1 ttrig, 3 actions
[RCHLOEJ.DLG] saved    1098 states, 2016 trans, 94 strig, 518 ttrig, 553 actions
override/RCHLOEJ.dlg copied to Chloe/backup/1/RCHLOEJ.dlg, 174138 bytes
[BHARVAL.DLG] saved    81 states, 136 trans, 13 strig, 43 ttrig, 20 actions
Extending game scripts ...
[Chloe/Scripts/Extending/ChloeNewSoa.baf] loaded, 2235 bytes
[./override/CHLOE.BCS] loaded, 220475 bytes
override/Chloe.bcs copied to Chloe/backup/1/Chloe.bcs, 220475 bytes
Extended script [Chloe.bcs] with [Chloe/Scripts/Extending/ChloeNewSoa.baf]
[Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR0900CR.baf] loaded, 413 bytes
[./override/KIT.IDS] loaded, 877 bytes
Extended script [AR0900.bcs] with [Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR0900CR.baf]
[Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR2804CR.baf] loaded, 169 bytes
Extended script [AR2804.bcs] with [Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR2804CR.baf]

New SoA contents added

[CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d] PARSE ERROR at line 173 column 1-8
Near Text: hope
    syntax error

[CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d]  ERROR at line 173 column 1-8
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [Chloe/backup/1/OTHER.1]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "Chloe/backup/1/OTHER.1")
[Chloe/backup/1/UNSETSTR.1] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   6 files for [CHLOE/CHLOE.TP2] component 1.
  Restoring backed-up [Chloe/backup/1/RCHLOEJ.dlg]

---

Could anybody maybe help me with this?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :)

#74 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

Hey there :)

first of all: thank you so much for updating the mod. I really liked playing it back in the day. Secondly though, I am sadly experiencing problems with the current build. I tried installing it on a vanilla (unmodded) BG2 EE (v2.3); the main component installs without problems, but when I try to install the new extended content I get a parsing error.

Excerpt from the debug:

Install Component [Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH)]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH)] [v1.6 EE]
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[BREGG.DLG] loaded
[./override/RCHLOEJ.DLG] loaded, 174138 bytes
[RCHLOEJ.DLG] loaded
[BHARVAL.DLG] loaded
[BREGG.DLG] saved    3 states, 4 trans, 0 strig, 1 ttrig, 3 actions
[RCHLOEJ.DLG] saved    1098 states, 2016 trans, 94 strig, 518 ttrig, 553 actions
override/RCHLOEJ.dlg copied to Chloe/backup/1/RCHLOEJ.dlg, 174138 bytes
[BHARVAL.DLG] saved    81 states, 136 trans, 13 strig, 43 ttrig, 20 actions
[Chloe/Scripts/Extending/ChloeNewSoa.baf] loaded, 2235 bytes
[./override/CHLOE.BCS] loaded, 220475 bytes
override/Chloe.bcs copied to Chloe/backup/1/Chloe.bcs, 220475 bytes
Extended script [Chloe.bcs] with [Chloe/Scripts/Extending/ChloeNewSoa.baf]
[Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR0900CR.baf] loaded, 413 bytes
[./override/KIT.IDS] loaded, 877 bytes
Extended script [AR0900.bcs] with [Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR0900CR.baf]
[Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR2804CR.baf] loaded, 169 bytes
Extended script [AR2804.bcs] with [Chloe/Scripts/Extending/AR2804CR.baf]

New SoA contents added

[CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d] PARSE ERROR at line 173 column 1-8
    syntax error

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR Installing [Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH)], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [Chloe/backup/1/OTHER.1]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "Chloe/backup/1/OTHER.1")
[Chloe/backup/1/UNSETSTR.1] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   6 files for [CHLOE/CHLOE.TP2] component 1.
  Restoring backed-up [Chloe/backup/1/RCHLOEJ.dlg]

---

Could anybody maybe help me with this?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :)

Sorry.

There is a - instead of ~ at the end of line 172 in the file CHLOE/D/RChloeToB.d

I have corrected it.

You can either correct that in your files or replace the file above in your game folder Chloe/d with this oneAttached File  RChloeToB.d   16.59K   209 downloads.

Edited by Roxanne, 04 May 2017 - 08:25 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#75 -Josh11-

-Josh11-

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

Aloha :) thanks so much for your quick reply!

I was just tinkering around with 'RChloeToB' a bit myself and got the content to install eventually; I was not sure if what I did was the right thing to do (still am not) though, since I don't know the coding language; basically I was just looking for repeating patterns and noticed three anomalies in this context:

There are two instances of "-=~" in the code, whereas everywhere else it says "~=~"; so I changed that, as per your correction. But then I got another parsing error, which is when I noted that there there is one instance of

"~
END
END
++~", which I changed to just

"~
END
++~"

Now it seems to install...

#76 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Aloha :) thanks so much for your quick reply!

I was just tinkering around with 'RChloeToB' a bit myself and got the content to install eventually; I was not sure if what I did was the right thing to do (still am not) though, since I don't know the coding language; basically I was just looking for repeating patterns and noticed three anomalies in this context:

There are two instances of "-=~" in the code, whereas everywhere else it says "~=~"; so I changed that, as per your correction. But then I got another parsing error, which is when I noted that there there is one instance of

"~
END
END
++~", which I changed to just

"~
END
++~"

Now it seems to install...

My reply was TOO fast in deed, I have corrected the other two issues as well. They were correct in my tested version but not updated in the upload - shame on me.

Thank you.

The Sandrah Saga

#77 -Josh11-

-Josh11-

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

You are most welcome. And thank YOU for all your work :)

#78 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:28 AM

For some reason I cannot install the "Chloe EET Extended Contents" as the installation is stopped with errors. I can install only the"Chloe for EET Original Contents" which is required to install the rest though.

Here is the Setup Chloe Debug if it may help

Attached Files

Edited by Samriel, 12 June 2017 - 01:29 AM.

#79 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

For some reason I cannot install the "Chloe EET Extended Contents" as the installation is stopped with errors. I can install only the"Chloe for EET Original Contents" which is required to install the rest though.

Here is the Setup Chloe Debug if it may help

I checked the error that was reported

Parsing.Parse_error

and it is not there. Everything is correct and I can run install with no error. Either your download is corrupted or you are using an older version of the mod?

Anyway you may try to replace the file in your BG2EE/Chloe/D with the attached one Attached File  RChloeToB.d   16.59K   182 downloads

If you still have errors afterwards I propose to uninstall the whole mod again, download it once more and try with the new version.

The Sandrah Saga

#80 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

^ After replacing the file with the one you provided the installation worked :)

Thanks!!!

Guess my download wasn't corrupted though I'm surprised if it was due to me not having the latest version as I got the one from April(supposedly the newest).

Had a newer version came lately and where I might download it?