install order - simple list anywhere?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:15 AM

I know the monster BigWorldGuide has install order for lots of mods, and it is very useful. (I keep a copy on my phone.) But is there a simpler document from which I could extract the list? Does BWS incorporate some sort of ordered master list that I could extract?

I'm trying to create a text list of .tp2 filenames, in ideal install order, and looking for a bit of a shortcut toward generating it.

All help appreciated!

#2 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

Cool. I won't publish it, I just want to see if I can use it to add a new feature to my Mac Weidu Launcher.

Incidentally, if you are going to update that, I'm reconsidering the install order for Scales of Balance. As of v5.3 I have moved component #180 "Magic Resistance Overhaul" to the end. I think most of the mod should be installed immediately before SCS - specifically and especially component #160 "Saving Throw Overhaul, because it changes vanilla spells and I *think* SCS makes clones of those spells... so we want the clones to be created after the spells have been modified.

So most of the mod can/should be installed before SCS; but the last component, the MRO, affects .CRE files and I believe aTweaks adds a few custom .cre files. So that one component should be installed after aTweaks.

#3 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:10 AM

Are the 2nd items in that list (after the first semicolon) the names of .tp2 files?

#4 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:47 AM

Cool. I really just need to create a list of .tp2 file names, in BigWorld install order.

The only catch I see is that some mods use "setup-" in their actual .tp2 filename, and this list seems to omit that. And the only way to find out which ones do it is to download and look at each and every mod. :(

But maybe I can deal with it with text handling on my end.

#5 -bla-

-bla-

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

Look at your phone again. At least it had the weidu.log as plain text as part of the appendix. Scroll through and you should find 25 or more pages...