Photo

Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins. Unless you're Ajantis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lawofzero

lawofzero
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:15 AM

OS: Windows 7 / Windows 10 / Wine / Really doesn't matter. Game: BGEE.

It seems a pity to have to make a whole new thread just for this small issue and I find it strange that this doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere here even once. The 'Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins' component of this mod works great if you're a player charater, however Ajantis is completely unnaffected and lacks the disease immunity as well as the revised innate abilities. It's a small issue that I've been fixing myself up until this point but now that I'm registered on these forums I thought I'd give it a mention here. Is this a known issue with a good reason why Ajantis, the only party-joinable Paladin NPC is unaffected? Or is this perhaps something that belongs in the realm of the BiG World Fixpack? Otherwise, thanks for this great mod, it wouldn't be the same without it.

Edited by lawofzero, 07 August 2016 - 02:15 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:51 AM

I would assume that Ajantis just needs to just level up once. The reason being that the .cre doesn't posses the ability but his level upped char will once his kit truly kicks in, be that the "none" or what ever it might be. As the none is a kit, and treated as any other...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 lawofzero

lawofzero
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

I'm not sure about the immunity to disease effect but 'Cure Disease' is a level one Paladin innate ability with this tweak. And unless I'm mistaken, Ajantis leveling up to anything but level one wouldn't give him this ability. He might get it later on depending on if the kit gets extra uses at higher levels but he will miss out on gaining a use of it at level one. In other words, if I edited his CRE file to be at level zero, upon leveling up he should get the ability but then I might as well just keep doing what I've been doing and add the right attributes manually. Unless I'm completely wrong?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

Well you might get a second(so an extra) use when you level up.

Yes, the kits in EE game also work retroactively, at least in a late patches... v2.3.67...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 lawofzero

lawofzero
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:35 AM

That's good to know. It's not something I've tested extensively, I'm finding this game to have the most time consuming modding process out of anything else I've ever modded and I honestly don't have the energy to try all the combinations when I can simply edit his cre file if I want. But the fact that kits work retroactively puts my mind at ease about a few things, so thanks. I honestly don't know how the people who work on these massive projects even have the patience because I barely have the patience just going through the setup process lol, especially when you want to just change one small thing. I suppose leaving Ajantis unmodified is good for compatibility but I'll stick to editing him after the fact.