Walkthrough/ BG1 ending?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -gmen-

-gmen-

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:05 AM

I have searched around for this, but couldn't find something that made me sure...

Is there some place I can find important differences of bgt with vanilla?

By now I've played most of the game except durlag's lvl 4 and associated ulgoth's return, the werewolves quest, and thieve's warrens/undercity/Sarevok.

I read that I can actually kill Sarevok without going to BG2 because Belt will give me TotSC questws?

Also, is there any safe place to read about Demonknight tactics (or, better yet, script/abilities)? I dont want to have Abi-Dalzim's and Power word kills cast on me yet...

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:49 AM

I have searched around for this, but couldn't find something that made me sure...

Is there some place I can find important differences of bgt with vanilla?

By now I've played most of the game except durlag's lvl 4 and associated ulgoth's return, the werewolves quest, and thieve's warrens/undercity/Sarevok.

I read that I can actually kill Sarevok without going to BG2 because Belt will give me TotSC questws?

Also, is there any safe place to read about Demonknight tactics (or, better yet, script/abilities)? I dont want to have Abi-Dalzim's and Power word kills cast on me yet...

When playing BGT, you can continue the BG1 episodes after you killed Sarevok. Belt gives you the transition into BG2 whenever you want. ToTSC actually is integrated all over BGT - you get quests in Ulgoth's Beard, which you can access before or after Sarevok.

As for the Demon Kinight - there are so many mods, items, etc in BGT and you can do the quest whenever you like, so there is not the ONE way to defeat him

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:50 AM

That is true. Sarevoks death brings news to you.. actually not, but when you return back to the BG's palace after you kill Sarevok, Belt will instruct you to go to Ulgoth's Beard and if you wish to, you can take those out or continue with a dialog that involves leaving the BG and going to Amn. If you do the later, Belt offers you a place to rest in the Three Old Kegs. Which you can skip too, and up on return or refusal you talk to Belt again and he will launch the transition eventually.

What comes to Sarevok, the one featured in BGT is the lesser aka the TotSC version, which is a push over, compared to the original that a few mods restore him as, as he originally had 100% magic resistance and all the bells and whistles.

DK tactics... well if it's casted by SCS's or BP's AI and others, there's he usual be high enough level to not die instantly and that's about it, except that you need magical weapons to hit them. That's the tactics. If you mean the Demonknight in the Durlag's Tower, it completely depends on what mods you install. Mirror or no mirror. And how much challenge you wish to take. Haste helps except that it might be dispelled and need to be recast. The clones are bad cause they have your spells, and hit points etc. But those can be easily overcome too. As the clones don't have items... if memory serves.

Edited by The Imp, 29 August 2016 - 04:00 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.