No Setup-GUI.exe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Andreas Karate-

-Andreas Karate-

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:43 PM

I have tried to install the megamod project for the first time and everything seem to run smoothly. When i look for the gui setup exe there is no one to be found. Any help would be appreciated. 

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:36 AM

It's made when you install the bgt-weidu mod, from a copy it makes out of the weidu.exe(assuming a bit but from setup-bgt.exe), and renaming it as the file.

Edited by The Imp, 31 August 2016 - 05:36 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 -Andreas Karate-

-Andreas Karate-

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:41 AM

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to cleryfiy, after the instalation is done, i rename the setup-bgt.exe as setup.GUI.exe?

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to clarify, after the installation is done, i rename the setup-bgt.exe as setup.GUI.exe?
NO. You don't need to do anything, the process of install will do it for you.

Edited by The Imp, 31 August 2016 - 06:37 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 -Andreas Karate-

-Andreas Karate-

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:27 AM

I got it now, downloaded the mod files to a double folder and not the root file of BG 2. Thank you so much for your help.  

ON a nother note, is there a dedicated thread to bug reporting? High Mornwatcher Arval just keeps repeating that i should meet him, never advancing the dialog in the eye cult quest, after the preaching cut scene. 

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

ON a nother note, is there a dedicated thread to bug reporting? High Mornwatcher Arval just keeps repeating that i should meet him, never advancing the dialog in the eye cult quest, after the preaching cut scene. 
Well, if it's specific to BGT-weidu, it would be in it's forums, but I am not sure that when you say he says you should meat him, it means that you should meat someone else in the Lathander temple in the same district, but inside it. And to get that, you need to talk to a third party... meaning that you might just have forgotten how the quest goes, or never done it with a Priest of Lathander kitted char. He might not go anywhere from where he stands, but that doesn't mean that he won't be there when you use one of his servants to fetch him.
Aka go into the temple and talk to all the dudes in the armors, he should show up at a point.

Edited by The Imp, 02 September 2016 - 05:11 AM.

#7 -Andreas Karate-

-Andreas Karate-

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:18 AM

Thank you for your response. The problem is not that he is missing, but that once i am inside the temple and try to talk to him, he repeats his dialog from before. I can get the quest to advance since he dont advance the dialog, just telling me to meet him in the temple. He is repeating the dialog from the Gaal scene.