• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

Hi All:

I am having problems with my latest game of BG2-EE.

• Difficulty saving game.  Pressing the Q key or using the save game function both have problems.  Usually it says "Cannot save game in dialog mode"  but also gives the other message (I forgot the exact words) which you get when an enemy is near.  Often I need to press the Q key 6-12 times before the game is saved.  This time I needed to use the Task Manager to close the game.  Not only could I not save the game, I could not rest at an inn or any open space where it is legal to rest.  However, I did not lose any area movements I made such as going from Slums to Waukeen's Promenade.
  • Callisto lags behind the group.  It takes moving her 3-6 times to get her up to her position in the party.
  • I lose items.  For example, with the dog meat I had all four pieces.  When I went to make the stew, three disappeared as I tried to put them in the pot.  Other times moving groups of potions from one to another, ends up with only one moved and the rest disappeared.
  • Movement is erratic.  I increased the frame rate to 60.  As the party moves along a path, the rate suddenly changes to ~10.  Then after a few other actions, it returns back to 60.  This is frequent with no specific pattern.

I have reduced the number of Stratagems components I install.  I no longer use any that "improve" monsters.

Does anyone else have similar problems?  Any suggestions?  Using BWS to install the game and mods.  I am not including any mods or components that BWS objects to install because they might cause problems.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

weidu.log's content ?

I increased the frame rate to 60.

What's spects your computer has ? I would recommend the use of 30 ... and cheat yourself the boots of haste's if you don't like the slow pace the chars move.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

The saving and resting issue sounds more like a badly coded mod that is continuously doing something in the background. The Callisto issue confirms my assumption. There must be script block executed repeatedly.

The dog meat issue is caused by the Tweak Pack. I have already posted a bug report over at Beamdog Forums not too long ago. You can work around this issue by placing each dog meat into a separate inventory slot.

I can't really comment on your erratic movement. It might be a graphics issue. The latest game versions require a more powerful machine than earlier versions. Maybe upgrading your video drivers can help. You can also try to use the alternate renderer. You can find it in Options -> Graphics -> Alternate Renderer. It could also be caused by heavy script load. But in this case it should only happen in certain situations, such as confronting enemies.

#4 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

• Movement is erratic.  I increased the frame rate to 60.  As the party moves along a path, the rate suddenly changes to ~10.  Then after a few other actions, it returns back to 60.  This is frequent with no specific pattern.

Try disabling "sprite outline" option.

Edited by K4thos, 03 September 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#5 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

Hi All:

Thanks for the replies.

Here are my computer's specifications.  WIndows 7 Pro, run in Bootcamp on an IMAC with Intel Core i5, using 1 TB HD space, 16 GB RAM.

Attached File  WeiDU.log   20.11K   116 downloads

Aside from these issues, I like the game.  Usually a reboot of the game corrects a lot of these minor issues for a while.  I would have preferred to have bags of holding as I find that a good convenience item, but only found gem bags, scroll cases, and potion bags so far.

Thanks again,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 04 September 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#6 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

Sounds like a bad mod interaction. Maybe some mod called a script to run or called an invisible creature which did not expire, something like that. That would explain the problems saving and resting, which are not problems in unmodded BG2EE.

I don't even know who Callisto is...

#7 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

I don't even know who Callisto is...

Have you ever heard of this wonderful thing called: Google the cheese. "Callisto is a Chaotic Evil Berserker elf who..."

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:52 AM

Hi All:

I spent Saturday in the hospital and I watched 12 hours of Harry Potter on Sunday.  So I have not played much.

Hi K4thos.  I do not use sprite outlines.  They are always turned off.

Hi subtledoctor.  Thanks for the information about the unmodded BG2EE.  I was fairly sure it was one of the mods I added.  Like I said earlier, I did not include any mod or component that BWS said would cause problems.  So I was hoping to avoid game problems.

Hi The IMP.  I never heard of "Google the cheese".  But I usually search Google on SHS and sometimes on my computer before I post.  I am having some problems using Beam Dog and Bitbucket.  I have not kept up with the latest in computer software.

Thanks everyone,

Tom