• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:58 AM

Hi All:

I joined BEAMDOG.   However, I could not find a way to create a post in the BG2EE Forum.  I have a habit of missing the obvious.  I will look some more later today.

I have two minor problems with my game.  I assume they are due to something in one or more of the mods I added and may not be fixable.

The first one has to do with Xzar.  I got the bird and it turned into an assassin and killed Xzar. But now Xzar does not get reincarnated so we can go get Montaron's body.  It has been a long time and Xzar has appeared.

The second one has to do with Dawnbringer Sain.  I completed the beholder quest and the  Sir Sarles quest.  Now all Dawnbringer Sain will say is "You must excuse me sir (or ma'am).  I haven't the time to speak with you at present."  

Used Google and BEAMDOD search, but found nothing.  I also have a habit of using the wrong search terms.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Tom

#2 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:53 AM

The first is definitely a mod issue, not a Bramdog issue, because in the unmodded game Xzar does not get reincarnated...

Edited by subtledoctor, 09 September 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

Both episodes you mention finish in that way in any vanilla game bg2ee or old BG2. The contents you claim to miss is only added by mods. So check if you have those mods installed at all.

Edited by Roxanne, 09 September 2016 - 11:04 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

Thank you subtledoctor and Roxanne.

Those were not a big deal.  Since this was the first time I played BG2EE, I just wanted to know that I did not miss anything in BG2EE.

One thing I think is great is that red diamond on the bottom of the screen.  Open up the bar with the red diamond and it is super easy to pick up all the items from the dead enemies.

Tom

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:35 PM

PS In vanilla games the additional temple quests are only for a cleric PC character (and only if PC not has another stronghold already). Various mods remove this restriction

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#6 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

Thank you, Roxanne.

It has been a long, long time since I played any vanilla BG games.  So I guess it would have been wise to plat a vanilla BG2EE before I played the modded game.

Tom