• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crookshanks

Crookshanks
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

:crazy:

Hello,

New here so if this is in the wrong place I am sorry.

Just have two (if even possible) requests.

Can someone post (or show me where I can get) two Soundsets - THAT CAN ACTUALLY be played in a media player?

Looking for Imoen and (Nameless One (From PS:T)

Let me be honest in what I am trying to do. I Don't have BG right now, and won't be getting it for awhile (like until my B-day next year) :ermm:

What I DO have is Pillars (of Eternity) and I would like to include my two favorite ever characters as NPCs. I've figured out how to do the portraits and how to convert the sounds - BUT...

I've spent the last four days downloading every Imoen/TNO soundset from everyplace on the net, AND have tried to find a player/converter that will actually PLAY them in Wav to edit/convert.

And after shooting through my $ and DL every Free (free - lots of spyware if ya aren't careful) I have come up with NOTHING Useable! Every soundset is useless because I can't decode the sound wavs and I can't even get IFS converter because I don't have the game.

Could someone who knows what they are doing help me with this one thing and post or tell me where to get these sound files in a format I can use? Please?

New here and loving it. Will like it more next feb when I get BGEE!!!!! :Tasty:

Thanks

Crookshanks

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:40 PM

I can't help you with the sound files themselves, but I can help you convert any game .wav© files to uncompressed .wav files you can play in a media player.

Try Sam.'s utility for starters:

http://www.shsforums...17-ps-gui-v304/

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 -Crookshanks-

-Crookshanks-

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:17 AM

Well, I thank you.

DL'd it. Tried every setting. No Dice. - No Readme either for help.

All I am trying to convert is the IMOEN files I have. What am I doing wrong? You'd think I was trying to steal a baby or something considering how hard they make this (simple?) act.

Crookshanks

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:39 AM

What you want to do is convert WAVC files to WAV files. WAVCs still have the .wav extension; they are just compressed and therefore other programs outside of the IE games will not recognize them.

Near Infinity should work to do the same thing if PS Gui does not. Last I checked though, PS Gui worked just fine at this, and could convert a bunch of files en masse whereas NI could not. This may have changed.

https://github.com/A...finity/releases

Make sure you also have the latest Java installed, then unzip the archive into your game folder, fire it up, open your WAVC files then Export as... WAV (not "original").

[Edit: I just forgot, but it is also possible that these are OGG files masquerading as WAVs or WAVCs, so try conversion option too. If all else fails, attach one here and we can troubleshoot it.]

Edited by Miloch, 07 October 2016 - 11:51 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle