Photo

What should I do with bugs that are not in BWSFixpack yet?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:01 AM

I'm planning yet another install of BWP and would like to have it as bug free as possible.

I have followed for the long time after the thread where micbaldur meticulously documented lot of bugs, and to the best of my understanding much of his findings weren't incorporated into BWSFixpack, with it being barely updated lately (I count only 3 updates in the last year). Should I be concerned about this, or it's safe to assume that most of micbaldur bugs are indigenous to his exact install and will hardly haunt me anyway?

If I should, however, how it is better to deal with this situation? So far I figured maybe I should pause BWS after unpacking, add micbaldurs fixes manually and then have BWS resume its work. Is it reasonable, or is there any better way to remove all the bugs that are found but not incorporated into parent mods or BWSFixpack so far?

Edited by Creepin, 14 October 2016 - 07:17 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

Sadly Lollorian burnt out last february (hopely he comes back sometime in future) so nobody maintains BWP Fixpack anymore. :(

Problems i have encountered after february hasn't checked, confirmed and fixed by anybody. :(

You could make your own fixes either by making your own fixpack patches (remember to add BWP Fixpack fixes tooif there are any) or editing (don't if this easy to do while pausing BWS or before you start BWS) directly to various mod files if you know how to do it. Third option is to fix game after BWS finished installing by using NI.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for that timeline micbaldur, and thanks for the hint about installing first and fixing after that, I somehow overlooked that. *sigh* I wish I could contribute to the BWS Fixpack, but it's structure is far beyond my coding abilities :rolleyes:

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:16 AM

@ALIEN, can you check if this is still present in the current BWS when the SCS is installed... a possible fix is in few post after.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.