Photo

Hey, have you heard this joke?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:50 AM

The space race is on, and the Russians and the Americans want something they can write with on the orbit in zero gravity.

The Americans build a lab, attract NASA grants and produce a robotic AI-balanced self-refilling nano-ink antigrav pen.

The Russians use a pencil.

Now why does the modding scene for the Infinity Engine make me think of that old joke?

#2 WithinAmnesia

WithinAmnesia
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

The dreamer in myself is inspired by the pen, although the pragmatist in myself sees the valuable efficiency with the pencil.

Edited by WithinAmnesia, 17 October 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

You people sure this has to do anything with IE Modding Discussion?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

Unfortunately so.

#5 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:09 AM

The joke is that much like the Russian space-pencil, the IE modding code gets conductive graphite particles everywhere shortcircuiting extremely important machinery, that is unable to be fixed cuz everything's outdated already

#6 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:11 AM

Now the secondary joke is that the Russians bought a shipment of space pens from the Americans, despite the cold war going on, which could be a cool parallel of Enhanced Editions' development

#7 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

Yes, but they couldn't afford the proprietary nano-crumbs to feed the nanobots, so they went back to pencils. Made in China, probably.