Bug in Astral Prison (Megamod Installation)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Azaghal-

-Azaghal-

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

Hello to the community!

I'm playing a megamod installation of BGT using the BWS tool. With expert help from The Imp und especially Shuv-Oohl I was able to fix a gamebreaking bug in this thread (WEIDU log posted there) over the last couple of days.
Yet another one surfaced in the process: When I fight the Master of Thralls (the one with the orb) in the Astral Prison, he summons two air elementals. After defeating all three of them I can't save or rest anymore, even when I win the boss fight, free the actors and return to the Five Flagons Inn. I'm told there were monsters about, but I can't spot them.

Any help is appreciated.

Azaghal

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

Well, I did a little resarch, but wasn't overly successful:

- In BGEE a "no save or rest bug" occured after casting Spirit Armor. Since I'm neither playing BGEE or casting this spell, this doesn't apply.

- Several older sites reported that the bug disappeared after you forced the game to autosave (by entering portals or such). As stated above, leaving the astral prison (autosave) did not help.

- Returning to an older save seems to have helped in some cases. Not in mine :wall:

- A running script (an NSC trying to leave or initiate dialogue) would prevent me from saving/resting. But not with the monsters-about-message!

- This post is not fitting - no beholders in astral prison...

- The closest I got was a post (I simply cannot find again) where someone stated that the air elementals went invisible and were still around (thus preventing him from saving). I'm absolutely positive I have killed the two in my game. Casting True Sight also did not produce any hidden enemies.

So the problem still exists - and your help would be welcome!

Azaghal

#3 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:01 AM

o.k. Suppose You are right now in the area "AR1234.are" (by pressing x You see the right area name) and You can't save.

leave the area in order to create an Auto-Save.

open this Auto-save via NI, choose "decompress" on the tab with the visited areas and open Your area "AR1234.are".

Look at the present creatures in the area and eliminate the "strangest" one.

save, compress and save .

Load up your edited auto-save and try to save normally.

Does it work?

#4 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

Well, You may as well try to upload Your (compressed) Autosave folder ...

#5 -Azaghal-

-Azaghal-

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Hello and sorry for the late reply. This is my first day off after weeks (or so it seems).

For whatever reason I can't install NI (though I did in the past), so I'm still using DLTCEP. I have an Autosave and decompressed it. It reports "174 files extracted". But where to? In the autosave folder there is still only five or so. And no area file to look at...

Azaghal

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

Can you upload the autosave somewhere?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#7 -Azaghal-

-Azaghal-

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

Thank you for offering your help. I registered at his forum months ago but still await authorization. Presumably my spam filter worked too well for once. So I can't upload right now.

Azaghal

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

.. So I can't upload right now.

Well, you can use any file upload site that offers links to downloads as long as you package the file into a .zip archive. I have used mediafire, but that requires registering as a member, but there are other sites like tinyupload that doesn't. I used google to search misspelled "fiule upload", so there's like a million other sites that are likely to allow the same.

Edited by The Imp, 02 December 2016 - 01:23 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#9 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:03 PM

I use https://uploadfiles.io/

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip