ADD_WORLDMAP_LINKS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

Hi all.

As I am working on the Worldmap (both SOA and ToB) patching for Rukrakia and some other mods, I wanted to ask how to use the ADD_WORLDMAP_LINKS.

My idea is using:

add_map_icons to add the two new map icons of Rukrakia for SOA and ToB - already done and working

sc#addWmpAre (without the toNewArea and fromNewArea) only to add the two areas of Rukrakia to Worldmap - already done and working.

and to add the correct area links, using ADD_WORLDMAP_LINKS... I tried using the LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ADD_WORLDMAP_LINKS with its parameters but it results in errors.

Any idea or example of a working ADD_WORLDMAP_LINKS code?

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

I made some attempts a while back - however that was with EET and alternatively patching the EET worldmap or the BP-BGT Worldmap.

It worked for me when I extended the code by reading the links.tbl entries I had made for BP-BGT Worldmap instead of entering values into the code directly.

After various experiments I was never happy with the outcome and removed the code - now using *traditional* entries for BP-BGT Worldmap again.

Actually, the only reason I used the function was for testing my mod and trying to avoid installation/de-installation of the worldmap-mod all the time.

I know this is not a direct answer to your question, just a witness report.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Hi Roxanne.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I see. For BP-BGT-Worldmap I already have area.tbl, links.tbl and worldmap.tra for Rukrakia.

But, as not everyone does use it, I wanted to keep compatibility with vanilla worldmaps (no EE). I tried using the fromNewArea and toNewArea but the links are somewhat wrong and there are missing things (encounter areas etc)... that's the reason I wanted to use ADD_WORLDMAP_LINKS to add correct links.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:41 PM

You probably need to do the whole operation for the two worldmaps independently (unless you force worldmap.wmp to worldm25.wmp).

Spoiler

Like I said, I used it only with EET, so not sure if it is applicable for your purpose as well. I extracted the MATCH data from links.tbl by additional code, but it should also work doing it manually.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

Hi Roxanne.

Yes, those are independent worldmaps but no issue.

I just figured out there was a mistype in the code and the "test link" went successfully into ToB worldmap :)

Thanks for the code examples. Yeah, I used a very very similar code.