Collectible items and shop ( BG 2 )

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 What is the Matrix?

What is the Matrix?
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

Howdy all :)

Oh my it's been quite some time since I last got in here! I hope you're all well! Miloch - you especially!

OK, I have a question for you über dudes and dudettes. Basically, I've made items which are supposed to be sold by a wizard.

Here are my questions:

1.) The Wizard is supposed to use "Components" just like Cespenar, to forge weapons/armors/helmets and stuff, by certain amount of custom items I have. Lile... 30 red crystals do one thing... 12 red crystals + 2 kings tear + 2 rogue stone do another... etc, etc, etc... How do I do that? You know... similar to Equalizer when it is getting forged.

2.) How do I make a custom wizard dude npc shop :D 

Thanks in advance!

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You've never used them before.

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:40 PM

Short answer: 1) You set up a dialogue and script that spawn the relevant items when/if the conditions are met; 2) In your wizard's dialogue, have an option point to your custom .sto file.

Short answer n2: easiest way to get the hang of this is seeing how other mods do it, and then copying/modifying it the way you want it to be. You can find examples for want you want to do in the mod in my sig.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:14 PM

Short answer n2: easiest way to get the hang of this is seeing how other mods do it, and then copying/modifying it the way you want it to be. You can find examples for want you want to do in the mod in my sig.

Aka, the easy rustic way to do this is to just spawn the shop owner in a set place in one of the maps. The Hard way is to check out how others do it, choose a place for the entrance, make an area for the shop and the things connected to it. The quests to collect all the items and so on.

Ouh and remember that when you say "rogue stone", there's thousand mods that can have about 1-100 different Rogue Stone items that have their own .itm and people are likely going to pick on you for not consider the x mods as a valid option. And there's also the fact that most of those might not be able to be stacked, but some are. :crazy:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

If you want to be truer to the spirit and material of AD&D, What, to its paper-and-pencil rules, you might want to find the Player's Handbook and look up the enchant an item and permanency spells. Make these actual spells or just mention them in dialogue. Permanency is an 8th level spell, which means it's a perfect excuse for you to get the party on a quest for a powerful wizard who can cast it. I doubt Thalantyr is powerful enough. Perhaps Shandalar in Ulgoth's Beard. At any rate, it's more interesting to involve spells and quests - and sages who can provide the information to begin with (Firebead Elvenhair in Beregost is one candidate, if you haven't killed him for easy XP) - than just collect a few spare parts and then wham, get-your-item-here.

Here is a thread with some info on enchantment:

http://www.giantitp....p/t-347459.html

#5 What is the Matrix?

What is the Matrix?
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:03 AM

Allright folks. Thanks for info. :D But... I actually have no idea where to start, or what files to edit, what files are used etc! LOL!! xD Is there any noobish tutorial for this? :D :D haha

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You've never used them before.

#6 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

The IESDP would be a good place to start.

Also, all of the IE sites have a section for tutorials:
http://www.shsforums...5-ie-tutorials/
http://gibberlings3....hp?showforum=62
http://forums.pocket...board,16.0.html

Not all of them are up-to-date with the current capabilities of WeiDU, but they should more than suffice to help you learn the craft.

Other than that, I'd recommend you (try to) have patience, it can be a steep curve.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg