Photo

BGT- City maps not revealed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bg_fandom

bg_fandom
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:58 AM

Running BGT with the GOG versions (not EE).  Fixpack, BGT, UB 1, UB 2, SCS, Tweaks, and Lvl1NPC.  

I just got to Beregost, and the city map is not revealed.  I'm not sure if FAI counts as a city that should be revealed, but it was not.  When installing tweaks I did not select "do not reveal city maps," but in an attempt to fix the problem, I installed and then uninstalled it, hoping it would reset the proper files.  No luck.  The only mention of maps in the log is recently uninstalled do not reveal city maps.

Since city maps should automatically be revealed with BGT, I'm wondering if something went wrong there.  Any ideas?  I can use the console to explorearea() but would rather not unless there's no way around it short of a full reinstall.  

Thanks!

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

I thought (as you do) that the default behavior in BGT is for city maps to be revealed on first visit.  However, I see that BGT Tweaks includes a component "Major locations explored upon visit: Baldur’s Gate, Beregost, Candlekeep, Nashkel, and Ulgoth’s Beard begin fully explored."  This suggests that BGT does not reveal those maps by default.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:40 AM

I thought (as you do) that the default behavior in BGT is for city maps to be revealed on first visit.  However, I see that BGT Tweaks includes a component "Major locations explored upon visit: Baldur’s Gate, Beregost, Candlekeep, Nashkel, and Ulgoth’s Beard begin fully explored."  This suggests that BGT does not reveal those maps by default.

In the area scripts you will find

IF
    OnCreation()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Explore()
        Continue()
END

FAI is not revealed on first visit.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 bg_fandom

bg_fandom
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:49 AM

I hadn't looked at BGT Tweaks until just now, but the BG2 Tweaks readme says of reveal city maps: "This tweak is not available for Baldur's Gate Trilogy as it contains this functionality by default."  Which is why we were mistaken, I suppose. 

But I just added it through BGT Tweaks and now Beregost is there, fully explored.

Thanks for the help!

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

Humbdibamp... The BG2 Tweaks is an old mod. You might want to update to the "Tweaks Anniversary" ... aka cdtweaks. Not that it's readme says any different... but I made a post about it, linking it here.

Edited by The Imp, 02 November 2016 - 10:38 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.