Belenus

BG1 TotSC BG2 SoA ToB

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 -Belenub-

-Belenub-

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

Hello, I'm from Chile, and I recentrly played for the first time BG:EE and BG2:EE, one after the other... then I started to research a little, and ended here. I'm wanting to play the game again, but with mods, and with the PC/NPC continuity between games... so, I have a few questions:

- I already have BG:EE and BG2:EE, but taking a look of the install guide of BGTrilogy mod, it says I need BG1 + TotSC. Can I still play the mod with BG:EE? I'm having troubles to find a copy of BG1 original and not an enhanced one.

- Researching in google, I finded another project called "Big World Setup". I founded more info and good comments of BGT, so I decided to try this one, but, what is that other mod? is the same? is compatible with this one?

- And finally, my goal is to play again the BG sagas, but with all the fixes/balanced mods/new contet/etc,etc.  I asume the order would be:

- BG1> TotSC > SotD > BG2 SoA > ToB ... right? or SotD is not included in the BGT system?

The mods I founded at now are: Unfinished Bussiness for BG1 and BG2 , BG2 Tweaks Pack, and one with some hidden npc on waukeen's promenade... any other you may add? Ty in advance (I have not the best english :( )

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hello, I'm from Chile, and I recentrly played for the first time BG:EE and BG2:EE, one after the other... then I started to research a little, and ended here. I'm wanting to play the game again, but with mods, and with the PC/NPC continuity between games... so, I have a few questions:

- I already have BG:EE and BG2:EE, but taking a look of the install guide of BGTrilogy mod, it says I need BG1 + TotSC. Can I still play the mod with BG:EE? I'm having troubles to find a copy of BG1 original and not an enhanced one.

- Researching in google, I finded another project called "Big World Setup". I founded more info and good comments of BGT, so I decided to try this one, but, what is that other mod? is the same? is compatible with this one?

- And finally, my goal is to play again the BG sagas, but with all the fixes/balanced mods/new contet/etc,etc.  I asume the order would be:

- BG1> TotSC > SotD > BG2 SoA > ToB ... right? or SotD is not included in the BGT system?

The mods I founded at now are: Unfinished Bussiness for BG1 and BG2 , BG2 Tweaks Pack, and one with some hidden npc on waukeen's promenade... any other you may add? Ty in advance (I have not the best english :( )

1. The BGT (with BWS as a tool to install it) is only working for the original game, prior to the EE that you have. So to do BGT you first have to find and install the old BG1 + TotSC and BG2 with ToB. And there is no Dragonspear in this, but loads of mods.

2. For the EE game there is a corresponding feature/project named EET. It combines BGEE + SoD and BG2EE. It is still pretty new and not all mods from old game are yet available, but it is growing daily. The link is here http://gibberlings3....&showforum=195.

At this moment there is not yet a tool to help you install it, you have to follow manual instructions given on the forum sites.

So, first you need to decide which of those two paths you want to follow.

Hope that helps.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:29 PM

Nope. It only supports the non-EE versions of the game. Now there is the EET mod that does the same thing for the EE games essentially(BG1EE, SoD & BG2EE), it's in a beta stage so it's still in progress but playable. Here's a bit on that and how to go about it. But the BWS won't support it yet. So your only option for now is to manually install the mods to both BG1EE(and the modmerger if you have the SotDs before all the other mods, as that sets the game to be actually mod-able with the SotDs's content) and BG2EE.

And yeah, the Siege of the Dragonspear is not in BGT-weidu as it was released this year, while the BGT-weidu was principally made about 11 years ago, so it couldn't have it. And probably won't unless you go back in time and invent a time-machine. Ouh yeah, that's going to be a pickle.

PS: the BWS is a setup program for all the games mods. It works with BG2:ToB, IWD, a few total conversion mods for BG2:ToB, PST and the BG1EE and BG2EE, IWDEE -games. These are separated entries in the setup, as in you first select what game to edit and then go through the multiple steps to do that. And like said the BG1EE and BG2EE can't yet be combined ... as that will take magic and work that is not yet done.

Edited by The Imp, 07 November 2016 - 12:53 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

Ty for the fast responses, I downloaded a copy of BG1 - TotSC - BG2 SoA - ToB from a torrent site :X ... soo, I'm ready to start installing this bad boys...  ... A question!:

- My main language is Spanish, so I'm looking forward for a spanish install.  This mod, BGT, has some multi-language setup or something? I founded a forum comunity named clandlan.net, that has been releasing some translate patchs for  BG1 - TotSC - BG2 SoA - ToB, but, those patches, maybe could generate some errors ? idk... if that doesn't work, I think I'm gonna just play the game in english, but is a lot more immersing to play it in my native language, I think.

#5 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

Just a heads up for anyone this may apply to:

If you buy the EEs from GOG, you get the original versions with them.

Steam and GOG have now partnered to let games on one platform count as purchases on the other. I don't know if the EEs are a part of this yet, but if so, it means Steam EEs also count as GOG EEs, which means you can get the originals.

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:58 PM

There are Spanish translations for many mods, including from clan DLAN. The BiG World Setup (BWS) tool is very helpful for installing mods because it will warn you about possible conflicts and help you find the latest versions. It supports multi-language installs, so you can tell it you prefer Spanish but English is OK as a backup. BWS will automatically apply the latest fixes and translation patches to the mods you select.

You will see a lot of references to BiG World Project (BWP) on the forums. BWP is a collection of patches and scripts maintained by Leonardo Watson together with a PDF guide describing a recommended installation sequence to improve compatibility between mods. The BWS tool uses some of the scripts and patches from BWP.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#7 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:26 AM

So, I managed to find and install all this stuff and a lot of mods and fixes, this is the summary:

BGTrilogy

Big Picture (with Ascension)

Darkest Day

Shadows Over Soubar

Tortured Souls

BG2 Tweak pack

BG2 fix-pack

Unfinished Business BG1/BG2

Rogue Rebalancing

Comparing to BG:EE/BG2:EE, the GUI and some shorcuts/configurations seems a little bit "outdated", but the games are running smoothly with BG2 engine, and I can play all the series with just the BGT launcher (i created a couple of chars and all is running right, even the translations to spanish of clan dLan comunity), so, I'm very happy and exited to play all this new content.

Ty so much for the feedback/info. If you know any others good adittions to the BGT setup, you are welcome to light me (maybe some graphics/portrait/sound packs, or something cool)  :) cya

#8 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

The final predicament I'm having is trying to bind Quick Save and Quick Reload to F5 and F7 function keys, and Select All to A key. For some reason when I press the keys on my keyboard, I actually doesn't show any change, the slot remains empty (is like if function keys can't be binded). The time I played BG2:EE, I easily binded function keys to quick save and others...

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

The final predicament I'm having is trying to bind Quick Save and Quick Reload to F5 and F7 function keys, and Select All to A key. For some reason when I press the keys on my keyboard, I actually doesn't show any change, the slot remains empty (is like if function keys can't be binded). The time I played BG2:EE, I easily binded function keys to quick save and others...
Yeah, see there's no in game key binding, and some of this can be done in the -file I forgot the name of which, but it can only do very restricted things in the traditional BG2:ToB. Like cast specific spells if the caster has memorized it.
The Widescreen mod is not in the above list for mod... your graphic card could of course support not game supported resolutions somehow... but that's not always optimal for the gameplay.

Edited by The Imp, 09 November 2016 - 02:10 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#10 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

keymap.ini

The F keys aren't an option for binding in originals.

#11 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Yes, I forgot to put it on the list The Imp, I already have Widescreen mod, ty.

Fiann of the Silver Hand, yes, I tried with the keymap.ini, but F keys doesn't work there. Good to know now that can't be binded, guess gonna bind it on another place far away from the wasd space, no more time wasted, ty!!

#12 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:48 AM

So, I got another problems. 10 min into the game, after finish Candlekeep "quests" and Gorion got killed, Imoen joined to my party, and I notice that her level was Mage 24/ Thief 7, and the other problem is the map, when I try to go to another area, or look the "world map", it just show the SoA map, and if I click any location, game get crashed. This are the components I'm running, any idea of the instal order or something more? I installed them in the same order:

BG1 + TotSC + v.5512 patch

BG2 + ToB + v.26498 patch

Big Picture (with Ascension)

Darkest Day

Shadows Over Soubar

Tortured Souls

BG2 fixpack

Baldur's Gate Trilogy

Unfinished Business BG1/BG2

Rogue Rebalancing

One Pixel Productions

Ding0 Experience Fixer

BG2 Tweak pack

Widescreen Mod

I thin the map problem is just installation order, but Imoen's level being Mage 24 / Thief 7... idk.

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:18 AM

Darkest Day
Shadows Over Soubar
Tortured Souls

To get these mods installed, you do much better even if you fail to make an install with the BiG World Setup program...

#14 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

Darkest Day
Shadows Over Soubar
Tortured Souls

To get these mods installed, you do much better even if you fail to make an install with the BiG World Setup program...

k, gonna give it a try, hope it helps, ty :)

#15 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

So, I tried BWS, everything looks great, the program seems very straightforward, but in the last step (I think so...), idk what to do... is the program working? I hit all the buttons and customized all the options to get my desired BGT installation, but this window doesn't seems to be doing nothing... it's already running the program?

http://imgur.com/a/G5Okg  this is the window

ty anyone who answer me :)

#16 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:01 AM

pls.. I noticed the text, and, I remember I installed a translation patch... duh

#17 -hand-

-hand-

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

Belenus, clean copy of BG2 you need. No mods intalled. Then use BWS

#18 -Belenus-

-Belenus-

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Ok, so I managed to install all the mods I wanted (BGT included), and recieved the "successful installation" message. But when I started the game from Baldur.exe from my BG2 folder, I saw just the SoA and ToB games, with no BG1 clue, but when I looked into the BG2 folder again, I noticed all the CDs folder from BG1, so, I don't know what can I do now T_T ...

#19 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Please upload your WeiDU.log and BiG World Debug.7z from the BG2 folder.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#20 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

But when I started the game from Baldur.exe from ...
That starts the windows Register pointed BGMain.exe with this... it could be correct, or it could be off by a hundred miles.
What version of Windows do you have ? For example I have "Windows 10 Home edition".. and the C drives is not meant to have a modified games in it, as it has a one write per file name restriction...