Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#1 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:18 AM

This forum is started to report bugs and provide support for the new mod trilogy *Sandrah Saga for EET*.

The mod itself can be found here
[Link to SHS page deleted - no longer valid]

READ THE README Attached File  Sandrah NPC for EET_Readme.pdf   231.78K   2117 downloads

and follow the install instructions

Essential details about EET are found here
EET Main Page
EET Compatible Mods
You will also find a lot of interesting details about current and future EET version, issues, mods etc. in that forum.

Edited by jastey, 19 August 2022 - 01:12 AM.
removed invalid link

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:08 PM

Removed a small bug with Minsc in BG2 Copper Coronet (he would have his BG1 parting dialogue instead of the BG2) if sent there to wait during BG2. This was a left-over from the initial EET implementation. It has meanwhile been corrected in EET, and now also in Sandrah.

He is still recruitable even with the old dialogue, so no game.breaking issue, just some wrong references in his talk - but with Minsc you may think, he is just a bit confused...

Edited by Roxanne, 27 November 2016 - 02:09 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:20 AM

Wasn't planning to report this since I didn't take that much care with my install, but can't sleep so figured may as well. Area CVDRU0.are (extra area off of BG4701 - xvart village cave) seems to be corrupt in some manner, I'm not experienced enough to understand exactly what's at fault. See pic 1 and pic 2. It's fine I think, in NI (pic 3).

Spoiler

Was mostly seeing if I could get EET to install with BWS without the out of memory issues (while also install prereqs for sandrah) so didn't take that much care with my mod selection. Not sure if generalized biffing should even be installed on EET (it's selected as part of recommended preset). Maybe that just broke things.

I looked around briefly at some other mod areas (e.g., teleporting to) and not everywhere seems to be effected, but some do. CVSEW1, CVSANT both seem fine. CVJENS faces something similar (pic 4).

This is mostly just a test install so it's fine something broke, i'm not bothered at all. Just thought you might like to know and/ or i installed things wrong.

Attached Files

Edited by zonx, 30 November 2016 - 04:22 AM.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:35 AM

Wasn't planning to report this since I didn't take that much care with my install, but can't sleep so figured may as well. Area CVDRU0.are (extra area off of BG4701 - xvart village cave) seems to be corrupt in some manner, I'm not experienced enough to understand exactly what's at fault. See pic 1 and pic 2. It's fine I think, in NI (pic 3).

Spoiler

Was mostly seeing if I could get EET to install with BWS without the out of memory issues (while also install prereqs for sandrah) so didn't take that much care with my mod selection. Not sure if generalized biffing should even be installed on EET (it's selected as part of recommended preset). Maybe that just broke things.

I looked around briefly at some other mod areas (e.g., teleporting to) and not everywhere seems to be effected, but some do. CVSEW1, CVSANT both seem fine. CVJENS faces something similar (pic 4).

This is mostly just a test install so it's fine something broke, i'm not bothered at all. Just thought you might like to know and/ or i installed things wrong.

My first remark is that biffing should not be used on EET.

Since I did a new install of my EET this morning, I will investigate the thing later today.

Some things you may do (if time allows)

- Try MoveToArea("ar10pb") and see if that area has the same issue

- Go to your gamefolder/SandrahNPC/PVRZ >>> do select all, copy  and copy them to gamefolder/override >>> visit those areas again.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 November 2016 - 04:41 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#5 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:03 AM

Cool thanks for the tips. Yeah wasn't planning on doing biffing in next install. 

- ar10pb looks just fine (& snowy)

- copying the ~500 pvrz files into override didn't seem to change anything. 

- cvdre1 looks funny as there is a sandrah portrait on the map somehow (pic - ignore lazy cropping).

planning on doing a fresh install with more care taken once eet gets added to bws in the coming days so it's all good. will take more care with selection. can test other things if desired.

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:37 AM

Cool thanks for the tips. Yeah wasn't planning on doing biffing in next install. 

- copying the ~500 pvrz files into override didn't seem to change anything. 

- cvdre1 looks funny as there is a sandrah portrait on the map somehow (pic - ignore lazy cropping).

planning on doing a fresh install with more care taken once eet gets added to bws in the coming days so it's all good. will take more care with selection. can test other things if desired.

Just to make sure we capture as much data as possible before you scrap this install

Could you please do a changelog on any of those Tis and wed files eg.CVdru01.tis and CVdru01.wed?

The Sandrah Saga

#7 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:37 AM

I've disabled generalized biffing for Enhanced Edition installs in BWS.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:41 AM

Not so fine - That is Fields of Death and no snow in there (normally)

PS checked a number of areas from my own new install - no issues anywhere. (I wish there were, would make troubleshooting easier).

Edited by Roxanne, 30 November 2016 - 05:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:45 AM

I've disabled generalized biffing for Enhanced Edition installs in BWS.

It may be possible that biffing does not recognise the new Tis + PVRZ formats and their association(?) Just a guess since I confess to know very little about graphic stuff in the game.

The Sandrah Saga

#10 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:53 AM

I have a completed BWS test install with EET, Sandrah and generalized biffing.  I created a new ToB character and entered C:MoveToArea("CVDRU0").  The area looks fine; no missing tiles.

Edit:  No snow in ar10pb either.

Edited by agb1, 30 November 2016 - 05:55 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:31 AM

I have a completed BWS test install with EET, Sandrah and generalized biffing.  I created a new ToB character and entered C:MoveToArea("CVDRU0").  The area looks fine; no missing tiles.

Edit:  No snow in ar10pb either.

Does this mod ~LIGHTINGPACK/SETUP-LIGHTINGPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shader script files for lighting control -> Moderately increased contrast, brightness and gamma (recommended): v2.4 have any impact on mod added areas.

It is the only one I can identify in zonx's install that may deal with area graphics?

Otherwise there may have been a problem with downloading and extracting the files.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:06 AM

I originally had installed that mod too, but looking at my WeiDU log now, I see something alarming.  SCS is at the bottom of the list, and a bunch of other mods are missing, including that one.  Apparently when I manually installed an extra SCS component at the end of my install, I wiped away a large chunk of my earlier installation.  It's somewhat amazing that my game isn't more obviously broken.  I will do a fresh install matching zonx's selection (per his WeiDU log).

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:18 AM

Some more bugs removed (Thanks to barg)

- An error if GavinNPC is not installed is now removed

- An error if FinchNPC is not installed is now removed

Edited by Roxanne, 30 November 2016 - 11:19 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#14 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

Reading through the above I managed to fix the issue but not sure what the cause was. 

I thought the issue might be the .wed files as they had blank polygon issues compared to OK mod areas as shown in this pic.

But copying the various area files from sandrahnpc into override and it seems it's something to do with .tis files maybe. Copying CVDru0.tis from sandrahnpc into override has resolved the issue. I repeated the process of copying other broken area .tis files into override and they were OK after that too.

Attached Files

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:42 AM

Reading through the above I managed to fix the issue but not sure what the cause was. 

I thought the issue might be the .wed files as they had blank polygon issues compared to OK mod areas as shown in this pic.

But copying the various area files from sandrahnpc into override and it seems it's something to do with .tis files maybe. Copying CVDru0.tis from sandrahnpc into override has resolved the issue. I repeated the process of copying other broken area .tis files into override and they were OK after that too.

This is quite strange since all the install does with those tis files is

[SandrahNPC\Areas/CVDRU0.tis] loaded, 32424 bytes
Copied [SandrahNPC\Areas/CVDRU0.tis] to [override\CVDRU0.tis]

In other words it just does what you do manually by script. Just copies them over. Your manual repeat just proves that the files are originally correct.

So unless some mod modifies them later,...just some (hopefully singular) error on your PC. Tis files in the new format are not even big and complex files anymore...no idea.

The Sandrah Saga

#16 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:55 AM

zonx, did you run a WeiDU change-log on the tis file in question?

#17 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

All good probably just biffing gone crazy. Wasn't planning on using it again anyway. Sorry forgot to include that 

Mods affecting CVDRU0.TIS:
00000: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix
00001: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix

Edited by zonx, 30 November 2016 - 11:59 AM.

#18 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:02 PM

I had biffed the file too, and no problem on my end, so I doubt that biffing is responsible.  Can you attach the old "bad" copy of the .tis file?  I'll compare locally.

#19 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

I had biffed the file too, and no problem on my end, so I doubt that biffing is responsible.  Can you attach the old "bad" copy of the .tis file?  I'll compare locally.

To summarise

A file is copied from the mod folder to override - afterwards it is biffed >>> file bad

Same file is copied from the mod folder to override >>> file good

Means

Original file is good. Either first copy action or biffing made it bad.

The Sandrah Saga

#20 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:25 PM

Right... or something acted on the file without being logged.