Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#1001 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:24 AM

For some reason whenever Sandrah tries to speak to a Dragonspear companion who also featured in the original game, the dialogue cuts short after the first window, once I press "continue".

#1002 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

For some reason whenever Sandrah tries to speak to a Dragonspear companion who also featured in the original game, the dialogue cuts short after the first window, once I press "continue".

Extract this Attached File  Sandrah SoD Banters Repair.zip   877.28K   105 downloads to the BG2EE folder and run the setup.

The issue has been fixed but probably after your install.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1003 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

This one is probably nothing to do with you, but whenever Edwin tries to talk to me, the textbox is blank and all I can say is that he looks strange. Do you have any idea how I can fix this, please? Thank you so much for your patience and help so far, and I'll understand if you want to pass on this one.

#1004 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

This one is probably nothing to do with you, but whenever Edwin tries to talk to me, the textbox is blank and all I can say is that he looks strange. Do you have any idea how I can fix this, please? Thank you so much for your patience and help so far, and I'll understand if you want to pass on this one.

Is this Edwin in SoD and is this in the first area outside BG City, the first camp where you can recruit him again?

Did you have him in party before and where/when did he leave?

Edited by Roxanne, 03 January 2018 - 11:57 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1005 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

On further research, this appears to be a bug within Edwin Romance, which I seem to have installed by mistake. Apologies!

#1006 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

Is this Edwin in SoD and is this in the first area outside BG City, the first camp where you can recruit him again?

I've tried uninstalling Edwin Romance but that didn't fix the problem. I've had Edwin for the entire game since the earliest point I could get him. He left at the end of BG1 and joined again in SOD, in the first camp. But all he continues to say is a blank line, with my only available reply being "Edwin, you look odd." People on the Edwin Romance forum have spoken about a similar bug in relation to his Netherscroll quest in BG2. After checking, it seems Edwin Romance isn't compatible with SOD, so this is likely the cause of the issue. Just posting this in case you were curious. Will abandon Edwin and pick up another NPC for this playthrough. Not the end of the world!

#1007 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

I've tried uninstalling Edwin Romance but that didn't fix the problem. I've had Edwin for the entire game since the earliest point I could get him. He left at the end of BG1 and joined again in SOD, in the first camp. But all he continues to say is a blank line, with my only available reply being "Edwin, you look odd." People on the Edwin Romance forum have spoken about a similar bug in relation to his Netherscroll quest in BG2. After checking, it seems Edwin Romance isn't compatible with SOD, so this is likely the cause of the issue. Just posting this in case you were curious. Will abandon Edwin and pick up another NPC for this playthrough. Not the end of the world!

I see.

I was just checking to make sure it is not an EET issue and caused by the way EET handles NPCs that were in the BG1 party and now re-join. EET (as you are aware) continues the BG1 Edwin instead of spawning the SoD Edwin.

I just met Edwin in SoD in MY EET install and he is just fine and I do not have Edwin Romance installed.

The Sandrah Saga

#1008 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

I'm fairly certain it's Edwin Romance based on this thread:

http://www.shsforums...631-bug-report/

Appears to be what he defaults to when the Edwin Romance doesn't have a clue what to do with him. Since you're at that point in the game, I don't suppose you could share with me your current local and global variables for Edwin, to see if that patches him up for me now that I've uninstalled the mod?

#1009 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

Appears to be what he defaults to when the Edwin Romance doesn't have a clue what to do with him. Since you're at that point in the game, I don't suppose you could share with me your current local and global variables for Edwin, to see if that patches him up for me now that I've uninstalled the mod?

If you are familiar with Near Infinity, go to a savegame and check which dialogue file your Edwin has assigned.

If not, maybe post a savegame here.

Also, how did you uninstall the mod?

The Sandrah Saga

#1010 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

If you are familiar with Near Infinity, go to a savegame and check which dialogue file your Edwin has assigned.

If not, maybe post a savegame here.

Also, how did you uninstall the mod?

I used Edwin Romance's weidu .exe and selected uninstall. The dialogue file is "EdwinJ.dlg".

Thank you so much for your hard work. I've got to say that if I ever reinstall again for a more vanilla playthrough, I hope you make a standalone Jen'ling(-style) companion, as she's my favourite companion from any mod. This isn't to say Sandrah isn't a great character, but she does change the feel of the game quite a lot (not a bad thing for my current playthrough).

#1011 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

As you can see from "odd" dialogue tree in the attached image, the problem seems to be that the dialogue file in use is one belonging to SOA, a problem likely leftover from using Edwin Romance and BGT with SOD. It recognizes the end of BG1 but not the start of SOD, and so once BG1 ends Edwin's dialogue becomes that of SOA. So in theory, all I need to do is switch his dialogue file to that of SOD, though I have no idea how to do this.

222.png

#1012 -Beregost-

-Beregost-

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

As you can see from "odd" dialogue tree in the attached image, the problem seems to be that the dialogue file in use is one belonging to SOA, a problem likely leftover from using Edwin Romance and BGT with SOD. It recognizes the end of BG1 but not the start of SOD, and so once BG1 ends Edwin's dialogue becomes that of SOA. So in theory, all I need to do is switch his dialogue file to that of SOD, though I have no idea how to do this.

Well, I figured out how to do this and Edwin now behaves like a normal SOD npc! I might have to manually switch back to the SOA file later but that's no bother. Thank you so much for all your help. The mess up was entirely my fault and it wasn't even your mod, but you helped so much. I really am thankful. I learned a lot, too!

#1013 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

I've been running into a glitch w/ this pretty often. Sandrah will randomly start walking up to my character to say "hello there" and will initiate conversation to say that every 2 seconds. Once it starts happening I have to load a save from before she started doing that. Any idea as to what would cause this or how to fix it?

Attached File  logs and debugs.7z   215.65K   224 downloads

Edited by Quorwyf, 08 February 2018 - 07:52 PM.

#1014 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

I've been running into a glitch w/ this pretty often. Sandrah will randomly start walking up to my character to say "hello there" and will initiate conversation to say that every 2 seconds. Once it starts happening I have to load a save from before she started doing that. Any idea as to what would cause this or how to fix it?

You are running some homebrew EET install that will all kinds of issues. Sandrah may just be the first NPC that appears and reveals those issues, On first glance 

- you do not have EET_end install

- you have an outdated PID repair installed, the issue is long been trpaired within EET

- the install order is self made and doubt able

- I did not look further because the above already makes the install bugged

Edited by Roxanne, 08 February 2018 - 10:22 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1015 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

You are running some homebrew EET install that will all kinds of issues. Sandrah may just be the first NPC that appears and reveals those issues, On first glance 

- you do not have EET_end install

- you have an outdated PID repair installed, the issue is long been trpaired within EET

- the install order is self made and doubt able

- I did not look further because the above already makes the install bugged

I applied the PID fix while trying to figure things out. I backed up so I can revert to one without that PID fix.

The EET_end debug shows that it was installed and I haven't re-run that file. Are you seeing some sign that it was removed?

The install order was largely generated by BWS aside from a few mods that I added. I have since uninstalled some things due to their in-game effects not being what I was looking for.

So I guess i'll revert to the setup before the PID fix and run EET_end.

#1016 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

I would suggest that. I would also suggest that you go back to a save before you met Imoen and Sandrah and other NPCs, if you have one, maybe the autosave after leaving Candlekeep, otherwise you miss settings required later.

Not sure if it works but worth a try.

The Sandrah Saga

#1017 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

I would suggest that. I would also suggest that you go back to a save before you met Imoen and Sandrah and other NPCs, if you have one, maybe the autosave after leaving Candlekeep, otherwise you miss settings required later.

Not sure if it works but worth a try.

Re-running EET_end fixed it. Thanks.

Edited by Quorwyf, 09 February 2018 - 07:13 AM.

#1018 -Daniel-

-Daniel-

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

So im doing the stormhorns quest and im to the point when i have to return to the sharkta fai temple. How do i re-enter the temple? The key you use originally is still on the altar and replacing it doesnt seem to work.

#1019 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

So im doing the stormhorns quest and im to the point when i have to return to the sharkta fai temple. How do i re-enter the temple? The key you use originally is still on the altar and replacing it doesnt seem to work.

Return to the temple? Is this during the *factory* quest when you help Shauhana's side against the undead?

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 11 February 2018 - 09:26 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1020 -Daniel-

-Daniel-

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Return to the temple? Is this during the *factory* quest when you help Shauhana's side against the undead?

Spoiler

i have the amulet i just dont know what to do with it. putting it on doesnt do anything and neither does putting it onthe altar.