Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#1041 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

Hello!

I have a little problem with the Darkest Day mod and I hope you could help me.

I was in the Riatavin city for the darkest day mod. When "Something" happen that make me need to return to Athklata in 2 day, another cutscene happened at the same time from the Sandrah saga mod that make me return to waterdeep within 2 days also (The time when I gain the spell to teleport to Waterdeep). Since the 2 happen at the same time I priorised Waterdeep and done the quest here. After I reteleport with the spell to Riatavin and after to the city gate of Athklata like I was suppose to. But in the city gate nothing happen and they are no special gate guard npc to talk to. Also the npc  Aramir are not in the gov distrinct main building. Did a conflict happen between the 2 mods? Are there something I can do to make Aramir appear?

The darkest day mod ending are important for Sandrah saga if I read the readme correctly.

Sorry for the bother and thanks a lot! And sorry for my english.

Valek

Bad luck and a sheer coincidence - both events have nothing to do with each other. Sandrah's quest just starts after some timer and when you are in a city, Riatavin is city...

Go to Riatavin outdoors, area code "DD3300" when you check it with X in your game.

With console

C:SetGlobal("tz_bgarival","GLOBAL",1)

When you witnessed the scene following this and are ready to travel to the City Gates, check

C:GetGlobal("tz_bgarival","GLOBAL") it should answer with 3. If yes, you are ready to travel and the quest should evolve normal.

PS-

*The final episode of TDD is important for Return to Faerun as it clarifies the relationship between Sandrah, her grandmother and Cyric.*

This is in the readme. TDD has five episodes, the one I refer to here is the last one that starts in Suldarnessalar. Even that is not essential, just helpful. Even though Sandrah also interacts with the other quests at times, none of them are needed for her progress,

Doing them anyway is no mistake, it ties a lot of things from all over the game together and it is big fun.

If you found some other misleading quote, let me know so I can correct it. It may be a relic from former BGT days where TDD worked as a glue between BG2 and ToB which is no longer the case with EET.

Edited by Roxanne, 14 April 2018 - 11:31 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1042 -Valek-

-Valek-

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

It worked. Thanks a lot for the help!

#1043 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:41 AM

Hello, Roxanne! I've got one problem with installing EET additions.

Spoiler

I have already tried to re-install manually as one said in forum, but it didn't help. Do you know how to fix this bug? Is it necessary component for Saga?
I attach my weidu.log

Attached Files

#1044 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:56 AM

Hello, Roxanne! I've got one problem with installing EET additions.

Spoiler

I have already tried to re-install manually as one said in forum, but it didn't help. Do you know how to fix this bug? Is it necessary component for Saga?
I attach my weidu.log

This is typically an error that appears if somewhere earlier in your installation something went wrong and it ripples through all the mods until it hits Sandrah. It is a commonly used file that contains an error. now.

Option 1 - Uninstall the complete Sandrah mod with setup-SandrahNPC.exe and install it component by component to see that there is no previous error.

Option 2 - go to the BG2EE/SandrahNPC folder and open setup-SandrahNPC.tp2 with any text editor. Go to the very end of the file and delete the last block of code (last 7 lines) and try again to install the last failed component.

The Sandrah Saga

#1045 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

Well, yes, I had some errors when I installed other modes (like "faiths and powers" with similar problem, so I preferred to uninstall it). Manual setup didn't show any other error. The second option fixed an issue. Thank you very much.

#1046 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

Well, yes, I had some errors when I installed other modes (like "faiths and powers" with similar problem, so I preferred to uninstall it). Manual setup didn't show any other error. The second option fixed an issue. Thank you very much.

There is nothing wrong with F+P mod, but there have been a number of similar reports like yours. Some early mod creates an error and afterwards F+P hiccups and afterwards Sandrah. We still have not located the source of that first error that starts the cascade.

The Sandrah Saga

#1047 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

I'd love to see how kitlist.2da looks immediately before the Sandrah install failed... @arm-chair can you upload that?  Maybe just copy and paste it in spoiler tags?

#1048 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

Actually Arm-chair, hopefully your install is still in a state where everything before Sandrah is installed and you can try installing Sandrah manually.  This is a great opportunity to test some things and fix this problem once and for all.

So, my theory is that some weirdness in your kitlist.2da is leaving the %kit_code% undefined for some kit - maybe for Sandrah's kit - and it then fails when it tries to create opcode 177 effects using that variable. So here's something to try: let's not rely on kitlist.2da at all!

Open /SandrahNPC/lib/qd_multiclass.tpa in a good text editor.  Go to lines 455-465.  You'll see this:

//getting kit code
        COPY_EXISTING ~kitlist.2da~ ~override~
            COUNT_2DA_COLS k_cols // amount of columns
            READ_2DA_ENTRIES_NOW k_rows k_cols // read all file into memory  
            FOR (k_row = 1; k_row < k_rows; ++k_row) BEGIN // iterate over rows
              READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER k_rows k_row 1 ~k_kit~ // read column value
              PATCH_IF ~%k_kit%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~%kit_name%~ BEGIN
                SET kit_row = %k_row%
                READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER k_rows kit_row 9 kit_code
              END
            END
        BUT_ONLY

Replace that whole block, paste this in its place:

//getting kit code
        COPY_EXISTING ~kit.ids~ ~override~
                SET kit_row = %k_row%
                READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER k_rows kit_row 0 kit_code
              END
            END
        BUT_ONLY

Save the file, then try to install Sandrah.

#1049 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

Actually Arm-chair, hopefully your install is still in a state where everything before Sandrah is installed and you can try installing Sandrah manually.  This is a great opportunity to test some things and fix this problem once and for all.

So, my theory is that some weirdness in your kitlist.2da is leaving the %kit_code% undefined for some kit - maybe for Sandrah's kit - and it then fails when it tries to create opcode 177 effects using that variable. So here's something to try: let's not rely on kitlist.2da at all!

Open /SandrahNPC/lib/qd_multiclass.tpa in a good text editor.  Go to lines 455-465.  You'll see this:

//getting kit code
        COPY_EXISTING ~kitlist.2da~ ~override~
                SET kit_row = %k_row%
                READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER k_rows kit_row 9 kit_code
              END
            END
        BUT_ONLY

Replace that whole block, paste this in its place:

//getting kit code
        COPY_EXISTING ~kit.ids~ ~override~
                SET kit_row = %k_row%
                READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER k_rows kit_row 0 kit_code
              END
            END
        BUT_ONLY

Save the file, then try to install Sandrah.

Maybe it is in addition necessary to add again this at the very end of the setup-Sandrah.tp2 (it was removed as solution according to this post above http://www.shsforums...-53#entry601870) ?

INCLUDE ~SandrahNPC/lib/qd_multiclass.tpa~

LAF qd_multiclass
STR_VAR
kit_name = CVMystra
kit_clab = CVMystra
base_class = ~P~
mc_dir = ~SandrahNPC/lib~
END

The Sandrah Saga

#1050 Arm-chair

Arm-chair
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:16 AM

It worked, but quiet strange. Now Sandrah can't use any weapon. I've noticed that after level up.

Update: I've fixed it editing her kit (she had true multiclass) in shadow keeper.

Edited by Arm-chair, 25 April 2018 - 01:21 AM.

#1051 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

Well one issue at a time. ;)

Roxanne if you are making an update at some point I would consider makingbthat change. If you find that it doesn't mess anything up, of course. I've briefly tested it with my multiclass kits and all the clab tables were properly patched and sll of the 177 effects and .eff files seemed to be correct. So I think it's fine. I only haven't played a game with it yet.

Long story short, it seems to be a problem in the qd_multiclass function. It might have something to do with Wilson's missing entry in column 9. Not sure. But using kit.ids for this seems safer than kitlist.

Edited by subtledoctor, 25 April 2018 - 07:33 AM.

#1052 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:47 AM

Roxanne if you are making an update at some point I would consider makingbthat change. If you find that it doesn't mess anything up, of course. I've briefly tested it with my multiclass kits and all the clab tables were properly patched and sll of the 177 effects and .eff files seemed to be correct. So I think it's fine. I only haven't played a game with it yet.

Long story short, it seems to be a problem in the qd_multiclass function. It might have something to do with Wilson's missing entry in column 9. Not sure. But using kit.ids for this seems safer than kitlist.

@subtledoctor

Do you see a chance to test this in an existing installation? E.g. reverting some files from Sandrah/backup and then just installing the revised multiclass code. Should be an option as no mod after Sandrah touches those files in my game. I just need to know which files are affected.

The Sandrah Saga

#1053 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

Off the top of my head:

1) Open QD_MCP01.SPL through QD_MCP50.SPL. (To make it easier, glance at CVMYSTRA.2da and note which levels contain AP_ or GA_ effects... those are the QD_MCP spells you need to open)

2) Delete any/all 177 effects aimed at KIT/CVMYSTRA (they should be either the first ones, or the last ones)

3) Make the replacement I described above

4) Make a little hotfix-style mod, with only the code that runs the QD_multi function on CVMYSTRA.

5) Start a new game and see if Sandrah gets her kit abilities. (You can also double-check in NI - make sure 177 effects have neen added to QD_MCP01 that correspond to the CVMYSTRA 1st-level abilities, those added to QD_MCP02 for her 2nd-level abilities, etc.)

Edited by subtledoctor, 25 April 2018 - 10:22 AM.

#1054 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

Off the top of my head:

1) Open QD_MCP01.SPL through QD_MCP50.SPL. (To make it easier, glance at CVMYSTRA.2da and note which levels contain AP_ or GA_ effects... those are the QD_MCP spells you need to open)

2) Delete any/all 177 effects aimed at KIT/CVMYSTRA (they should be either the first ones, or the last ones)

3) Make the replacement I described above

4) Make a little hotfix-style mod, with only the code that runs the QD_multi function on CVMYSTRA.

5) Start a new game and see if Sandrah gets her kit abilities. (You can also double-check in NI - make sure 177 effects have neen added to QD_MCP01 that correspond to the CVMYSTRA 1st-level abilities, those added to QD_MCP02 for her 2nd-level abilities, etc.)

Question for step 2 - is it save to delete those spells that ONLY target CVMystra?

Edit Answer to myself yes, delete qd_multi_spls.qd (marker file) from /override as well.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 April 2018 - 12:08 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1055 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:05 PM

Hi Roxanne. I managed to get a good build and played for a few days, then decided I wanted to get Sandrah in too. It's not going well, though. I've tried half a dozen different BWS configurations, and it's just not working. The last two installations were BWS recommended and BWS minimal, with nothing changed other than adding mods mentioned in the readme or requested by BWS. I'm getting the strangest result after installing -- launching BG2EE brings up BG1 instead. The files have actually been overwritten with the BG1 game. The debug log is clean except for four errors in the S

#1056 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

Hi Roxanne. I managed to get a good build and played for a few days, then decided I wanted to get Sandrah in too. It's not going well, though. I've tried half a dozen different BWS configurations, and it's just not working. The last two installations were BWS recommended and BWS minimal, with nothing changed other than adding mods mentioned in the readme or requested by BWS. I'm getting the strangest result after installing -- launching BG2EE brings up BG1 instead. The files have actually been overwritten with the BG1 game. The debug log is clean except for four errors in the S

Do you use BWS on an already existing modded game? That does not work.

If you want to use BWS for EET you need to start from two clean new game installations (maybe run modmerge if needed),

If you did successful EET installations before, just adding Sandrah or any other compatible mod in the selection for a next install should not give you such results.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 April 2018 - 12:25 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1057 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

Two things

1) Wilson aka GRIZZLY_BEAR is not the only kitlist.2da entry with no column 9, the last one without such prior to Sandrah is *Sword Dancer of Eilestrae ESxKit.

2) I did the changes and applied the new multiclass script. The files all look fine. I started a new game and spawned her in, let her join, levelled her up  a few times, experimented with various equipment, let her cast spells and use abilities. I cannot find any problem with those tests.

After this initial inspection it looks like the new method provides the same results as the old. The problem we tried to solve were hiccups during installation. Since those only appeared randomly for some users and I could never reproduce them myself, there is nothing to test here but wait.

It sounds like it is save to include the change into my mod - then we can see if those occasional reports will stop.

Just to confirm - the change to be made in my mod is to provide the modified md_multiclass.tpa in the /lib folder, right?

The Sandrah Saga

#1058 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

Sorry, I don't know why that happened. Let me try again. I managed to get a good build and played for a few days, then decided I wanted to get Sandrah in too. It's not going well, though. I've tried half a dozen different BWS configurations, and it's just not working. The last two installations were BWS recommended and BWS minimal, with nothing changed other than adding mods mentioned in the readme or requested by BWS. I'm getting the strangest result after installing -- launching BG2EE brings up BG1 instead. The files have actually been overwritten with the BG1 game. The debug log is clean except for four errors and a warning when installing the Sandrah mod. Here's the first problem (sorry, I can't get the spoiler tag to work):

Installing [SandrahNPC Extensions] [v2.05]
Compiling 36 dialogue files ...
WARNING: internal label [20] not found in processed DLG [TSBLACKL]

And the errors follow:

Installing [Sandrah Return To Faerun Compiles] [v2.05]
Compiling 65 dialogue files ...
WARNING: internal label [48] not found in processed DLG [AMBAR01]
Compiling 58 scripts ...

[SandrahRTF/Baf/RTEdwin.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 577 column 8-39
Near Text: )
[Heard] argument [POISONED_200] not found in [SHOUTIDS.IDS]

[SandrahRTF/Baf/RTEdwin.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 593 column 8-39

[SandrahRTF/Baf/RTEdwin.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 609 column 8-39

[SandrahRTF/Baf/RTEdwin.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 625 column 8-39

Whew! Ok, thanks for your help!

#1059 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

Do you use BWS on an already existing modded game? That does not work.

If you want to use BWS for EET you need to start from two clean new game installations (maybe run modmerge if needed),

If you did successful EET installations before, just adding Sandrah or any other compatible mod in the selection for a next install should not give you such results.

I did a clean install each time, with modmerge. I just recently installed the BG games. I used to play a lot, and added a couple dozen mods, but that was years ago...

#1060 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

Ignore this post, sorry.

Edited by jbwheels, 25 April 2018 - 01:06 PM.