Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#441 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

Please put the attached file into your BG2EE/override folder. The cloak of Mystra she had received had triple entries for some protection. This cummulated with some other oddities (like she has five stars for some proficiencies? Must be enabled by some other mod), She is still quite high level in your game but she takes damage and she gets killed in my install.

Hope this helps.

Attached File  CVMYSCLK.ITM   1.42K   118 downloads

Attached File  SANARMB.ITM   2.36K   118 downloads

Edited by Roxanne, 31 March 2017 - 10:08 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#442 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Okay cool thx, will give it a try tomorrow :) I mean she is  a beast but being complete immortal seemed a bit to much :D

#443 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Okay cool thx, will give it a try tomorrow :) I mean she is  a beast but being complete immortal seemed a bit to much :D

The current updated version tunes her down further - since more and more mods become available in EET, the progression needs to take that into account. (Your party is very high level already at ToB start).

One finding in recent weeks was that Sandrah gains too much extra powers from mods I just now start to test in EET (probably from the fact that she gets full bonus as fighter and as cleric). There are also a number of bugs (outside of my mod) I found during the last days that give her extras she should not have.

Your reports are a valid help to detect those issues, most are relatively simple to fix.

PS - she will never be weak - fighter/priests are the most powerful companions you get (only matched by paladins under certain circumstances), especially those priests with a direct access to Mystra and the Weave.

Edited by Roxanne, 30 March 2017 - 11:55 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#444 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Just want to let you know that the attached files are working out great, cheers

#445 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Just want to let you know that the attached files are working out great, cheers

Glad to hear that.

Feedback and input like yours definitly helps to improve the mod. (Especially balancing things in a highly modded context is a tricky issue.)

The Sandrah Saga

#446 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

And there I am again :D That was quite a surprise what I just experienced.

So I just killed Yaga Shura. After that a ton of conversations triggered step by step.
At the end Talos appeared and had a conversation with mainly Sandrah and partly my main char.
When he finished the conversation he attacked my main char and Sarevok in a cut scene and literally one hitted us both :D
Which resulted into the death screen..

EDIT:

Okay did a quicksave after the solar dialogue

Attached Files

Edited by Kvothe., 31 March 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#447 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

And there I am again :D That was quite a surprise what I just experienced.

So I just killed Yaga Shura. After that a ton of conversations triggered step by step.
At the end Talos appeared and had a conversation with mainly Sandrah and partly my main char.
When he finished the conversation he attacked my main char and Sarevok in a cut scene and literally one hitted us both :D
Which resulted into the death screen..

At the end Talos appeared and had a conversation with mainly Sandrah and partly my main char.  Fine until here.

Talos says *My anger is growing - the Storm is approaching.*

StartCutSceneMode()
Wait(2)
ScreenShake([577.451],20)
ApplyDamagePercent(Player1,49,CRUSHING)
Wait(2)
ApplyDamagePercent(Player2,49,CRUSHING)
Wait(2)
ApplyDamagePercent(Player3,49,CRUSHING)
Wait(2)
ApplyDamagePercent(Player4,49,CRUSHING)
Wait(2)
ApplyDamagePercent(Player5,49,CRUSHING)
Wait(2)
ApplyDamagePercent(Player6,49,CRUSHING)
Wait(2)
EndCutSceneMode()

This should not kill you - unless you play on some extra difficult level. There was some report a while back concerning the temple healing scene in Waterdeep in BG1 - it killed people when difficulty was set to hard or above. I will check that.

Another possibility is that you were damaged severely and the percentage is not calculated from current HP but from max HP..?

Edited by Roxanne, 31 March 2017 - 01:11 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#448 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Yes exactly that scene. I mean he just made a point here that there is quite a gap between main char and a real god :D

#449 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

Yes exactly that scene. I mean he just made a point here that there is quite a gap between main char and a real god :D

He is supposed to threaten you, yes, and leave significant damage...but of course you survive.

306 ApplyDamagePercent(O:Object*,I:Amount*,I:Type*DMGTYPE)

This action applies a percentage damage (of the specified damage type) to the target object.

It is not very clear if that takes current or max HP into account, so that it may kill you if you are already low on HP before. I never saw a killing before.

Are you playing on extra hard level?

The Sandrah Saga

#450 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Nope, difficulty is hard. MC is on full hp with 138HP while Sarevok is injured and on 107HP.

#451 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Doesnt matter if the whole group is at full hp or not. I could just alter the dmg to 0 if you tell me which file I need to lookup.

#452 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

Doesnt matter if the whole group is at full hp or not. I could just alter the dmg to 0 if you tell me which file I need to lookup.

This is probably the thing that would help and maybe you can confirm my suspicion - I made a destinction for

IF~DifficultyGT(NORMAL)~THEN ....damage 49%

IF~DifficultyLT(HARD)~THEN ,,,,damage 70%

A possibility may be that you have a mod version from before that destinction was introduced.

Those 70% applied at level Hard would in fact be deadly.

You find the scene in CVTalos.dlg, actions for state 43.

PS -It may be sufficient to set difficulry level to Normal for this one scene, as I remember, the Hard + levels multiply the damage of all attacks and effects - this is why you die if the 70% is applied.

Edited by Roxanne, 31 March 2017 - 08:46 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#453 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

Check. Will go to bed now and report tomorrow.

#454 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:55 AM

Can confirm , setting the game difficulty to normal and my party doesnt get killed.

#455 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:57 AM

Can confirm , setting the game difficulty to normal and my party doesnt get killed.

Sorry, my fix for the harder levels came too late for you - the updated version no longer has the issue.

Hard = adds 50% damage

Insane = doubles damage

Edited by Roxanne, 01 April 2017 - 01:04 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#456 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

Hello Roxanne,

first of all many thanks for this great mod. Must have been a whole lot of work. Since Sandrah is a fighter/cleric and I really like subtledoctor´s faiths and powers mod, I wanted to ask how compatible this two mods are. I don´t mind minor inconsistencies but mayor game- or quest-breaking bugs are something I would rather avoid in an eet-installation. Also, do you have advice regarding install order, only if the mods are compatible, naturally.

#457 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:28 AM

Hello Roxanne,

first of all many thanks for this great mod. Must have been a whole lot of work. Since Sandrah is a fighter/cleric and I really like subtledoctor´s faiths and powers mod, I wanted to ask how compatible this two mods are. I don´t mind minor inconsistencies but mayor game- or quest-breaking bugs are something I would rather avoid in an eet-installation. Also, do you have advice regarding install order, only if the mods are compatible, naturally.

Faith and powers requires some *compatibility package* to be added to Sandrah for both mods to integrate. This was something found just recently (Discussion held here http://www.shsforums...204#entry594352 and in subsequent post).

Just yesterday I have prepared this package and started testing it in my mod. It is not yet contained in the released version.

Currently there appear some inconsistencies if both mods are installed together, especially Sandrah herself get abilities and powers she should not have. This is irritating but I have not found anything *gamebreaking* .

Examples - she can equip druid items or cast wizard spells from scrolls - knowing this, I simply do not exploit that in game. Also there are double spells of same names or an empty spell slot in her spellbook, looks strange but does not break anything.

With the compatibility package, the install sequence will not matter, each mod will recognize the other and will trigger the needed amendments to be made. For my testing I even made a mini-mod (patch) to install it and that works, too.

PS - In the long term (means when the integration has been tested) the use of Sandrah with F&P may even be an improvement, since the sphere system allows to allocate far better the matching spells to her Priestess of Mystra personality and kit.

Edited by Roxanne, 01 April 2017 - 07:32 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#458 Ar0n

Ar0n
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

Hi All

I've encountered some serious banter issue related to Imoen and wolf Haiass (or whatever his name is):

- Sandrah won't talk to Imoen and all-cross banters do not seem to work (e.g. first discussion with Sandrah after death of Gorion - option "continue" is available, but discussion ends and Sandrah won't joint the party - that changes when I remove Imoen from the party - Sandrah will joint, but no cross-banter wih Imoen appears after she rejoins; other example is the shop in Nashkel - conversation with the shopkeeper and Sandrah goes on and apparently Imoen should say something too, but then the same thing occurs - "continue" leads to the end of the discussion);

- whenever I initiate a discussion with Haiass there is some mentioning him being close to Sandrah etc., but pressing "continue" ends the discussion; removing Sandrah/Imoen from the party does not help here.

I have a bunch of other mods installed (I used BWS) and was wondering what might be causing this issue - maybe it is Imoen Romance mod or sth? Anybody has had similar problems? I've gone through this whole topic and have not spotted anything about that.

Just in case it's helpful, I've attached save file.

Attached Files

Edited by Ar0n, 01 April 2017 - 07:50 AM.

#459 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

Hi All

I've encountered some serious banter issue related to Imoen and wolf Haiass (or whatever his name is):

- Sandrah won't talk to Imoen and all-cross banters do not seem to work (e.g. first discussion with Sandrah after death of Gorion - option "continue" is available, but discussion ends and Sandrah won't joint the party - that changes when I remove Imoen from the party - Sandrah will joint, but no cross-banter wih Imoen appears after she rejoins; other example is the shop in Nashkel - conversation with the shopkeeper and Sandrah goes on and apparently Imoen should say something too, but then the same thing occurs - "continue" leads to the end of the discussion);

- whenever I initiate a discussion with Haiass there is some mentioning him being close to Sandrah etc., but pressing "continue" ends the discussion; removing Sandrah/Imoen from the party does not help here.

I have a bunch of other mods installed (I used BWS) and was wondering what might be causing this issue - maybe it is Imoen Romance mod or sth? Anybody has had similar problems? I've gone through this whole topic and have not spotted anything about that.

Just in case it's helpful, I've attached save file.

Other than the fact that you have Sandrah in the party nothing points to anything bugged in my mod. Sandrah is just the indicator that something is wrong with Imoen's dialogue. The savegame does not reveal anything suspicious. There is a lot of backlog from talks that did not finish (just like in your description).

So it all points to some install error. Most likely Bimoen.dlg has a problem. (The Haiass issue is a side effect of this.) It is best to post your Weidu.log and WeiDU-BGEE.log which are both in your game folder. Did you install any dialogue adding mod after EET_end?

PS - I can play with your savegame in my install without problems, all cross-banters work with my dialogue files.

Edited by Roxanne, 01 April 2017 - 09:19 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#460 -helo138-

-helo138-

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

Ok, thanks for the quick answer. I guess I will wait for the next update then.  :new_thumbs: