Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#541 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:22 AM

Does it mean the AC quest is now available for EET?

There is a version von White Agnus https://github.com/whiteagnus/AC_QUEST

There are a couple more of those

Yes, if you do a search with notepad++, you can find all those ASCII caractere above 127 that get wrongly converted under UTF8

search for [^\x00-\x7F]+ with regular expression on

Search "[^\x00-\x7F]+" (43 hits in 8 files)

Spoiler

I just pushed a version to github wilth all of them revised.

Thank you again.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#542 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:59 AM

Oh I just reinstalled my EET and now I cant launch my game, i.e. double click and nothing happen. My weidu log as below, is there any clue that you may find? Or any installation suggestion? I have already re-run my WHOLE installation for three times and never works. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

#543 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

Oh I just reinstalled my EET and now I cant launch my game, i.e. double click and nothing happen. My weidu log as below, is there any clue that you may find? Or any installation suggestion? I have already re-run my WHOLE installation for three times and never works. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I suggest that you post this problem in a more general topic or open a new topic for it. There is no relation to the Sandrah mod in your problem but only few people who maybe can help will read it in this special topic here.

PS - just to check

- You launch your game either from the EET desktop shortcut ot from the baldur.exe in BG2EE folder?

- You see in task manager that the game is running but it never shows on screen?

- Did you take a look at this post and the following http://gibberlings3....e=4#entry254354 ?

BTW

I posted a link to your problem description in the EET support thread, maybe someone there can help.

Edited by Roxanne, 09 July 2017 - 09:11 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#544 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I suggest that you post this problem in a more general topic or open a new topic for it. There is no relation to the Sandrah mod in your problem but only few people who maybe can help will read it in this special topic here.

PS - just to check

- You launch your game either from the EET desktop shortcut ot from the baldur.exe in BG2EE folder?

- You see in task manager that the game is running but it never shows on screen?

- Did you take a look at this post and the following http://gibberlings3....e=4#entry254354 ?

BTW

I posted a link to your problem description in the EET support thread, maybe someone there can help.

Here are other hints http://gibberlings3....=64#entry254637

The Sandrah Saga

#545 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

PS - just to check

BTW

Thank you Roxanne.

1. I launched my game both from shortcut and bgee.exe
2. Yeah. I saw the programme in task manager but nth happened.

I remember I read some post with the same problem and it caused by romantic encounter mod but it seems it is not related in my case.

#546 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

PS - just to check

BTW

Here are other hints http://gibberlings3....=64#entry254637

I just run the bat from K4thos and it seems there are some issues there and I posted there for their help. Thanks for your help.

#547 franco8737

franco8737
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

Sorry to bother again. How can I install Ctb and RoT in EE edition? it seems Ctb is not in BWS and RoT never get install successfully. Any suggestion?

#548 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

Sorry to bother again. How can I install Ctb and RoT in EE edition? it seems Ctb is not in BWS and RoT never get install successfully. Any suggestion?

Some things are explained here:

http://www.shsforums...et/#entry593259

CtB and RoT for EET are currently under test, they are expert mods not yet stable enough for inclusion into BWS. This may take a couple of weeks still (given that BWS will still exist at that time.)

The Sandrah Saga

#549 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

Hi Roxanne,

Gazib dialog ( the entertainer in Naskel Carnival ) is broken after his first interjection

I believe those line in sandrah tp2 are no more require and are the source of the problem

COPY_EXISTING ~oopah.cre~ ~override~
WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~oopah~ #8

COPY_EXISTING ~oopah2.cre~ ~override~

COPY_EXISTING ~Gazib.dlg~ ~override~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~"Ogre"~ ~"Oopah"~

#550 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hi Roxanne,

Gazib dialog ( the entertainer in Naskel Carnival ) is broken after his first interjection

I believe those line in sandrah tp2 are no more require and are the source of the problem

COPY_EXISTING ~oopah.cre~ ~override~

COPY_EXISTING ~oopah2.cre~ ~override~

I cannot see your problem. Which is the first interjection you refer to and in which way is the dialogue broken?

The code changes the Ogre's DV from *Ogre* to *Oopah* because Ogre is not generic and used by others of his kin throughout the game

The only use in Gazib.dlg of the revised DV is this

NumTimesTalkedTo(1)
See("Oopah")
StateCheck(LastSeenBy,STATE_REALLY_DEAD)

i just tested it again and there is no issue. Are you in the Carnival area while you do your test? The action after the first dialogue is to create the Ogre at a given coordinate, so it only works at the original location.

The Sandrah Saga

#551 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:37 AM

when i speak to him the first time, he give his speech and summon an ogre (Oopah)

When i speak to him a second time, he should summon another ogre (Oopah again) : that fail

He should then if spoken a third time sumon an hostile ogre (Oopah2)

i don't know where is the problem but if i put the 3 file Oopah.cre Oopah2.cre and Gazib.dlg , from the backup folder of Sandrah, in the overide, everything is fine ( Gazib give his 3 speech)

(replacing only Gazib.dlg is not enough to get the second and third dialog)

The dialog get broken ( maybe replacing a 4 caracter word with a 5 caracter word can break the dialog under some circumstances )

#552 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

when i speak to him the first time, he give his speech and summon an ogre (Oopah)

When i speak to him a second time, he should summon another ogre (Oopah again) : that fail

He should then if spoken a third time sumon an hostile ogre (Oopah2)

i don't know where is the problem but if i put the 3 file Oopah.cre Oopah2.cre and Gazib.dlg , from the backup folder of Sandrah, in the overide, everything is fine ( Gazib give his 3 speech)

(replacing only Gazib.dlg is not enough to get the second and third dialog)

The dialog get broken ( maybe replacing a 4 caracter word with a 5 caracter word can break the dialog under some circumstances )

This is strange.

The sequence you expect is exactly what I get when I test it.

You say>>>>When i speak to him a second time, he should summon another ogre (Oopah again) : that fail

Does the summoning fail or is it that you cannot trigger the second dialogue?

The Sandrah Saga

#553 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

The sequence you expect is exactly what I get when I test it.

I don't have exactly the same setup as you ( i have bg1npc installed on EET )

This is what i get

c07v3Wy.jpg

and i believe that the problem is that it's not always working to do REPLACE_TEXTUALLY on compiled dialog with word of different lenght.

because on this dialog i get everything shifted of one case, but not the end of line : and the braked ")" is not at the end but at the begining of a new line

(i don't know if i have described that right)

and thank for the regular update and the support that you give to your mod

#554 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

and i believe that the problem is that it's not always working to do REPLACE_TEXTUALLY on compiled dialog with word of different lenght.

not sure if I get what you mean but this in tp2:

DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~asd~ ~something~
END

is always reliable. I don't think there are mods that replace stuff in dialogues or scripts without decompiling them first. Commands in .d files automatically decompiles target dialogue too.

edit: ok, I read some earlier posts. This:

should be changed to:

END

Edited by K4thos, 12 July 2017 - 11:06 AM.

#555 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

I don't know what break this dialog

is that correct ? then something else is breaking this dialog because he is completely broken, and i hope it's not the patch that i did for BG1npc

but with the file restored from the backup folder :

6eaHZst.jpg

the interjection from bg1npc work

TIm3Gdg.jpg

and the last interjection with gazib summon an hostile ogre

Edited by Ikki, 12 July 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#556 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

I don't know what break this dialog

is that correct ? then something else is breaking this dialog because he is completely broken

I have replaced my code above with the improved one proposed by K4thos

END

Tested it, Fine. In my installation both have identical effects and outcome, so I will retain the improved code in tp2.

If you want, you can test it in your install by compiling the above new code on the dlg you restored from the backup. This way we will know if your assumption was correct or something else is the issue here (at least BG1NPC and Finch are modding the dlg as well).

The Sandrah Saga

#557 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

at least BG1NPC and Finch are modding the dlg as well

yes that's the first thing i checked, and i was worried to have broken something with the EET patch for bg1npc

thank Roxanne, i will give it a try ...

Yes, it solved all the problems :new_thumbs:

Edited by Ikki, 12 July 2017 - 11:39 AM.

#558 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

at least BG1NPC and Finch are modding the dlg as well

yes that's the first thing i checked, and i was worried to have broken something with the EET patch for bg1npc

thank Roxanne, i will give it a try ...

Yes, it solved all the problems :new_thumbs:

Thanks for the help with this one. I still have an install with BG1NPC in BG1 part, Revised code is now in the uploaded mod.

The Sandrah Saga

#559 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hello Roxanne,

Higara reported that RoT for BGEET crashes at the end of the dungeon and i can reproduce this crash if Wulfgar is in the partie when speaking to drizzt

For a reason that i don't understand this code in sandrah,tp2 is compiled even if the file WULFG2J.DLG exist

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~Wulg2J.DLG~ THEN BEGIN
COMPILE ~SandrahNPC/Mods/Wulfg2J.d~
END

and because Wulfg2J.d is empty, drizzt dialog crash when he tries to injected with Wulfgar

edit : it's a typo in Wulg2J.DLG, the "f" is missing

Edited by Ikki, 13 July 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#560 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

So I was doing the demon scroll quest. Went back to the original demon, ended up attacking him. He teleported out with Sandrah and I was moved out of the map (as an aside, one of the party members got stuck in there, had to console her out).

I went back to Elminster to see what to do next but he won't talk to me.