Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#681 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Ah missed putting the books on the table.  Thanks for the ultra quick reply!

#682 -miker17-

-miker17-

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

Hey there, I have same problem with Sandrah(she cant use any of her items) to fix this i game her thief ability to use all items...will it screw up the game ?

Also i noticed that lot of dialogue ends by player saying something, rather than normaly end dialogue button...So, is it possible to give these dialogues some special mark(like * ), so i could know that these dialogues end the conversation and dont have to be nervous that something screwed in instalation ?

Hmm, i also have one more question If for some or the other reason i dont want to take Sandrah with me ...will it screw up the game ? 

#683 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

Hey there, I have same problem with Sandrah(she cant use any of her items) to fix this i game her thief ability to use all items...will it screw up the game ?

Also i noticed that lot of dialogue ends by player saying something, rather than normaly end dialogue button...So, is it possible to give these dialogues some special mark(like * ), so i could know that these dialogues end the conversation and dont have to be nervous that something screwed in instalation ?

Hmm, i also have one more question If for some or the other reason i dont want to take Sandrah with me ...will it screw up the game ? 

Sandrah not able to use her items is caused by other mods that change game rules/items. Nothing I can comment on without knowing your weidu.log and the mods you installed. (In most cases this is an indicator that you have installed conflicting mods - Sandrah is many times one of the first NPCs who join you, that is why you see the bugs with her first. You will most likely have similar issues with others all through the game.)

The dialogue ending this way are a game feature. There is nothing special with Sandrah here. Maybe she just lets the protagonist have the last word more often than others.

Sandrah is a joinable NPC like any other. Take her or not, take her and kick her out. You decide, not letting some NPC join your party does not screw up the game.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 August 2017 - 01:10 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#684 -miker17-

-miker17-

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

Spoiler

For installation i used BWS

#685 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

Spoiler

There is nothing unusual in your Weidu log that would explain the strange item issue.

I can only guess that some new bug may have been introduced by one of the tweaks that have recently been updated (e.g. Item Revision, RR or M+G)..

If you want to dig deeper, you can run change-log for some of the unusable items and see if that points to some mod. It may be harder to trace the issue, if it is caused by some changes in 2da files.

(The only change made in Sandrah mod itself was the update for the new M+G compatibility, however this is just a piece of support code provided by M+G mod which Sandrah needs to use, so i cannot say if the error is in this.)

In any case, it will be helpful to see if those effects are only with Sandrah or whether they apply to other comparable NPCs (e.g. other clerics, fighters, fighter/clerics).

i game her thief ability to use all items

Does that mean item flags are changed, or is it requirements for stats that are not fulfilled? Did you see anything that provides more clues?

Did you

The Sandrah Saga

#686 -miker17-

-miker17-

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

Spoiler

There is nothing unusual in your Weidu log that would explain the strange item issue.

I can only guess that some new bug may have been introduced by one of the tweaks that have recently been updated (e.g. Item Revision, RR or M+G)..

If you want to dig deeper, you can run change-log for some of the unusable items and see if that points to some mod. It may be harder to trace the issue, if it is caused by some changes in 2da files.

(The only change made in Sandrah mod itself was the update for the new M+G compatibility, however this is just a piece of support code provided by M+G mod which Sandrah needs to use, so i cannot say if the error is in this.)

In any case, it will be helpful to see if those effects are only with Sandrah or whether they apply to other comparable NPCs (e.g. other clerics, fighters, fighter/clerics).

Does that mean item flags are changed, or is it requirements for stats that are not fulfilled? Did you see anything that provides more clues?

Did you

First i changed her stats to 25 each... it didnt work. So i gave her innate thief ability "Use any Item" and then all was good.... i also noticed in EEkeeper that in her effects is lot of these. - Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181]-

#687 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

Hey Roxanne, do u know if there is patch or smt, to make Taisha NPC work on EET without bugs? would love to see her and Sandrah interractions? or should I get pre-EE BGs to check it?

#688 -miker17-

-miker17-

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

Spoiler

Did you

First i changed her stats to 25 each... it didnt work. So i gave her innate thief ability "Use any Item" and then all was good.... i also noticed in EEkeeper that in her effects is lot of these. - Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181]-

#689 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

Spoiler

Did you

The 181 effects for Sandrah are intended, they are forbidding her to use ranged weapons, bows/crossbows/slings etc.

The Sandrah Saga

#690 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

Hey Roxanne, do u know if there is patch or smt, to make Taisha NPC work on EET without bugs? would love to see her and Sandrah interractions? or should I get pre-EE BGs to check it?

I know that there is NO patch for Tashia EET compatibility.

I know there is an EE version for her http://www.shsforums...file/33-tashia/

I know that the EE version will not correctly install on EET.

I know that the EE version will have bugs in EET even if you force it to install.

The only way to make a privately usable EET Tashia is to take the EE version and do a conversion yourself. Or trigger the author/maintainer to do it.

I know that as a minimum, you would need to add eet to some tp2 checks, you need to update chapter references in scripts and dialogues - other required changes are not essential but would be required for a pubkished version. It would also be quite helpful if a new version would remove some known bugs that are stored in BWFixpack.

Nothing that cannot be done in an hour of work.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 August 2017 - 02:19 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#691 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

I know that there is NO patch for Tashia EET compatibility.

I know there is an EE version for her http://www.shsforums...file/33-tashia/

I know that the EE version will not correctly install on EET.

I know that the EE version will have bugs in EET even if you force it to install.

The only way to make a privately usable EET Tashia is to take the EE version and do a conversion yourself. Or trigger the author/maintainer to do it.

I know that as a minimum, you would need to add eet to some tp2 checks, you need to update chapter references in scripts and dialogues - other required changes are not essential but would be required for a pubkished version. It would also be quite helpful if a new version would remove some known bugs that are stored in BWFixpack.

Nothing that cannot be done in an hour of work.

aww, thanks for info, goin back to re-instaling whole eet, played to much with it on my own basic/lame level of coding hehe

any idea how to force BiG World Fixpack to fix my ascession mod? v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205? still date stuck on 20160526~

Edited by hideyuki, 20 August 2017 - 03:17 AM.

#692 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

The 181 effects for Sandrah are intended, they are forbidding her to use ranged weapons, bows/crossbows/slings etc.

Another possibility to check:

What is her level when you meet her?

Can she use her equipment after level up?

If this is the case, you can run change-log for Sandrah.cre and it will give you the answer. You can also use the Sandrah.cre before the change found by the tool and put her into override for repair.

The Sandrah Saga

#693 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

If this is the case, you can run change-log for Sandrah.cre and it will give you the answer. You can also use the Sandrah.cre before the change found by the tool and put her into override for repair.

had similar problem, tho it was cause Sandrah lvl was to low, made it by mod, she started with lvl 1/2 or 1/1 it was, had to lvl up her a bit 

#694 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

Her Initial level when she joins is F3/C2 and after leveling her to level 20 she still cant use her items. And for change log i cant seem to get it working...so i atteched Sandrah.cre to my post if you are willing to look at it for me. 

Attached Files

Edited by miker17, 20 August 2017 - 04:40 AM.

#695 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

Her Initial level when she joins is F3/C2 and after leveling her to level 20 she still cant use her items. And for change log i cant seem to get it working...so i atteched Sandrah.cre to my post if you are willing to look at it for me. 

The cre file is unchanged. The issue is either with the items that have been modified (Sanarmm - Sanrin2 - Sanring - Sanamul - Sanhamm) or by global changes to the usability files (2da's).

You can either look at those items in detail (or post one that is unusable here) or see in the further game if other NPCs suffer similar issues.

The Sandrah Saga

#696 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

any idea how to force BiG World Fixpack to fix my ascession mod? v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205? still date stuck on 20160526~

Not sure I understand what you mean?

Does BWS come with a message? In this case you should have an option like *fix it even if version not matching*.

The Sandrah Saga

#697 hideyuki

hideyuki
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

BWS skip ascession mod, no info, seems like it doesn't see mod at all.. 

#698 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:32 AM

Im not that skilled in BG modding so i dont know what to look for...so i will have to rely on you (sorry for that) SanArmM and SanAmul are among those that are not working...strangely enough Sanwdsty works.

Attached Files

#699 miker17

miker17
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

BWS skip ascession mod, no info, seems like it doesn't see mod at all.. 

BWS installed Ascension for me

Edited by miker17, 20 August 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#700 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

Im not that skilled in BG modding so i dont know what to look for...so i will have to rely on you (sorry for that) SanArmM and SanAmul are among those that are not working...strangely enough Sanwdsty works.

Nothing has changed those items - so another source of error eliminated.

This only leaves the global files (2da's) which control the weapons, equipment, etc use for different classes and kits. So I am back to the earlier assumption that something in the recently updated mods has changed in a way that affects Sandrah to make her unusable.

I am sorry to say that I have no solution for it at this moment. This is a bit like finding a needle in a haystack unless you are familiar with each of those mods down to coding level. However, I do not even have those updated versions installed myself at the moment, so I cannot even identify which files they change...

Edited by Roxanne, 20 August 2017 - 08:04 AM.

The Sandrah Saga