Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#721 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

So now that version 2.05 is out is it possible to install it over a manual 2.04 install?

No.

Changes affect mostly BG1 part for those who do not want the Sandrah romance to go too far. So in order to see those changes, you need to start a new game anyway. if you are already past chapter 5, it makes no sense at all.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#722 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

So now that version 2.05 is out is it possible to install it over a manual 2.04 install?

No.

Changes affect mostly BG1 part for those who do not want the Sandrah romance to go too far. So in order to see those changes, you need to start a new game anyway. if you are already past chapter 5, it makes no sense at all.

But if I wanted to start a new game with BG1 then it would work? If I recall...unistalling EET, installing Sandrah and then installing EET again, right?

I was a bit curious about a friendship path sooo. Does it not carry to BG2 though(of course after staring all over again) to refect the relationship between the PC and Sandrah?

#723 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

No.

But if I wanted to start a new game with BG1 then it would work? If I recall...unistalling EET, installing Sandrah and then installing EET again, right?

I was a bit curious about a friendship path sooo. Does it not carry to BG2 though(of course after staring all over again) to refect the relationship between the PC and Sandrah?

It is not that easy to install/uninstall without breaking your game. Also, any change in BG1 part (especially all the globals and locals) would be set wrong anyway.

If you plan a new game, I highly recommend to make a new EET install. Sandrah is not the only mod that has been updated recently, but many others as well (even EET itself, depending on date of your last install.)

PS - *friendship* path is nothing I mentioned...the player has more options to reject her romance (many players obviously missed the already existing ones). A rejected lover is not automatically your best friend - I would even say that this is a very unlikely case. *Let's quit and stay friends* does rarely work, right?

So, it's a non romantic relationship that is established when Sandrah's attempts to win the protagonist's love have failed. She may find reasons to stay in the party but it is not easy for her and with her. The alternatives need to stay true to her character (like the addon for an evil protagonist that was done some time ago.)

Edited by Roxanne, 11 September 2017 - 10:40 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#724 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

No.

It is not that easy to install/uninstall without breaking your game. Also, any change in BG1 part (especially all the globals and locals) would be set wrong anyway.

If you plan a new game, I highly recommend to make a new EET install. Sandrah is not the only mod that has been updated recently, but many others as well (even EET itself, depending on date of your last install.)

PS - *friendship* path is nothing I mentioned...the player has more options to reject her romance (many players obviously missed the already existing ones). A rejected lover is not automatically your best friend - I would even say that this is a very unlikely case. *Let's quit and stay friends* does rarely work, right?

So, it's a non romantic relationship that is established when Sandrah's attempts to win the protagonist's love have failed. She may find reasons to stay in the party but it is not easy for her and with her. The alternatives need to stay true to her character (like the addon for an evil protagonist that was done some time ago.)

I see, do you have a changelog of your last Sandrah install? I would like to try to go for a play with the least mods conflicts, bugs(as for as installing mods results from it)  and so on.

That the friendship path is hardly sunshine is all the better to me as it makes it more realistic after rejection anyway. Best buddies after rejection would sound rather forced.

Any plans for any personal Sandrah romances if rejected by the player or chance to engage in love triangles(like the PC/Aerie/Haerdalis one) or some threesome(PC/Sandrah/NPC)?

Or is stuff like that already?

Edited by Samriel, 11 September 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#725 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

I see, do you have a changelog of your last Sandrah install? I would like to try to go for a play with the least mods conflicts, bugs(as for as installing mods results from it)  and so on.

My current one is not recommended, it contains a lot of experimental + beta stuff for various mods I am working on. Some mod versions I use are already outdated.

I suggest to use BWS for an install and make your selection from there.

That the friendship path is hardly sunshine is all the better to me as it makes it more realistic after rejection anyway. Best buddies after rejection would sound rather forced.

Any plans for any personal Sandrah romances if rejected by the player or chance to engage in love triangles(like the PC/Aerie/Haerdalis one) or some threesome(PC/Sandrah/NPC)?

Or is stuff like that already?

All of that is already present. Of course you cannot have any triangle and rejection at the same time...

Edited by Roxanne, 11 September 2017 - 11:39 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#726 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Hmmm...but does BWS include already ver 2.05 of Sandrah? I think said version was released just now so I'm not sure if BWS includes it...

Ah, also do you have a list for current mods that are obligatory for current ver of Sandrah?

Edited by Samriel, 11 September 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#727 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hmmm...but does BWS include already ver 2.05 of Sandrah? I think said version was released just now so I'm not sure if BWS includes it...

Ah, also do you have a list for current mods that are obligatory for current ver of Sandrah?

BWS is always using the latest version since it is directly downloading from the github repository where I push my latest updates.

Dependencies are also in BWS, nothing has changed for this. It is still what is listed here http://www.shsforums...h-saga-for-eet/

The Sandrah Saga

#728 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Errr...btw what is exactly Sandrah X which appears in the list of BWS mods? Is that something unofficial? Super perverted? A joke mod? A curiosity?

Also when chosing The Darkest Day from the list should I check both the EE compatible installer and the regular TDD or just the former?

Btw any idea what happened to the Fade and Tashia mods? They are not on the list at all. I do not not see SoD banters either.

Edited by Samriel, 11 September 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#729 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Errr...btw what is exactly Sandrah X which appears in the list of BWS mods? Is that something unofficial? Super perverted? A joke mod? A curiosity?

Also when chosing The Darkest Day from the list should I check both the EE compatible installer and the regular TDD or just the former?

Btw any idea what happened to the Fade and Tashia mods? They are not on the list at all. I do not not see SoD banters either.

- For TDD select both (BWS will tell you to select TDD as well if you chose TDDz - you also need worldmap)

- Sandrah X are unsupported outtakes not to be used except by experts

- SoD Banter Restauration is under *Rules and Tweaks* (maybe it would be better to be in NPC related mods?)

- Tashia and Fade are not available for EET.

PS - If you click on a mod in BWS, you get a description of it in the bottom window. If you right click you can activate a link to the mod's homepage (if it still exists).

Edited by Roxanne, 11 September 2017 - 01:42 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#730 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

- For TDD select both (BWS will tell you to select TDD as well if you chose TDDz - you also need worldmap)

- Sandrah X are unsupported outtakes not to be used except by experts

- SoD Banter Restauration is under *Rules and Tweaks* (maybe it would be better to be in NPC related mods?)

- Tashia and Fade are not available for EET.

PS - If you click on a mod in BWS, you get a description of it in the bottom window. If you right click you can activate a link to the mod's homepage (if it still exists).

Btw how stable are your current builds of mods like EET Vault or Amber?

I recall the former offered plenty of stuff for Sandrah but was left unusable since it was originally not EET compatible and Amber is one of my fav NPCS and I heard you are even expanding her which made me happy^^

Should I add them to my Sandrah 2.05 game or should I wait till they are more perfected?

#731 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:06 AM

Btw how stable are your current builds of mods like EET Vault or Amber?

I recall the former offered plenty of stuff for Sandrah but was left unusable since it was originally not EET compatible and Amber is one of my fav NPCS and I heard you are even expanding her which made me happy^^

Should I add them to my Sandrah 2.05 game or should I wait till they are more perfected?

Vault actually has been converted to EET by Ikki, we just use my github account for hosting. It has been bugfixed and tested and is playable in EET. There is no further development unless new bugs are found. It has its original content minus some overpowered items.

Current status for Amber is this:

Spoiler

This means that the original contents is playable including crossmod contents from banterpack and Sandrah. ToB initial contents is provided but only if you have Amber in your final BG2 party. There is no plan to change this requirement but more content for ToB will be added later in the year, i.e. continuation of her romance with PC.

Edited by Roxanne, 12 September 2017 - 05:07 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#732 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

Vault actually has been converted to EET by Ikki, we just use my github account for hosting. It has been bugfixed and tested and is playable in EET. There is no further development unless new bugs are found. It has its original content minus some overpowered items.

Current status for Amber is this:

Spoiler

This means that the original contents is playable including crossmod contents from banterpack and Sandrah. ToB initial contents is provided but only if you have Amber in your final BG2 party. There is no plan to change this requirement but more content for ToB will be added later in the year, i.e. continuation of her romance with PC.

Interesting.

What about Secret of Bone Hill? Is it compatible with EET now?

#733 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

Interesting.

No.

The Sandrah Saga

#734 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:55 AM

Interesting.

No.

And Gray Clan mod or Longer Road?

Edited by Samriel, 12 September 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#735 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

Interesting.

No.

And Gray Clan mod or Longer Road?

Both.

The complete list of compatible mods is here http://gibberlings3....opic=27741&hl=. There may be some others, but they are not officially notified to EET and may thus not appear in BWS.

The Sandrah Saga

#736 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

I've got a problem.

In order to install the darkest day I need to install the original version of the mod first but when I try to do so it is skipped and I get the message that I need to install Gibberlings BG2 Fixpack Core fixes first.

But when I try to install the latest version of Bg2 Fixpack(11 Beta 2) I get the message that the fixpack is not necessary for this game.

Any advice?

Can't play Sandrah without The Darkest Day.

#737 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

I've got a problem.

In order to install the darkest day I need to install the original version of the mod first but when I try to do so it is skipped and I get the message that I need to install Gibberlings BG2 Fixpack Core fixes first.

But when I try to install the latest version of Bg2 Fixpack(11 Beta 2) I get the message that the fixpack is not necessary for this game.

Any advice?

You need to have the original version of the mod unpacked in your game directory BUT DO NOT install it.

You unpack TDDz afterwards.It patches some files and adds some stuff.

Then you use the setup-TDDz.exe to install the mod

The Sandrah Saga

#738 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

Edit: Whoops double post

Edited by Samriel, 12 September 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#739 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

You need to have the original version of the mod unpacked in your game directory BUT DO NOT install it.

Thanks!!

Possibly the last questions today...is it necessary to install NToSC interim or just the current Spellhold version and its patch? Or all of it and if so then in which order?

And can Vault EET be installed on BG2 or it is a BG1 mod?

Edited by Samriel, 12 September 2017 - 08:18 AM.

#740 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

Thanks!!

Possibly the last questions today...is it necessary to install NToSC interim or just the current Spellhold version and its patch? Or all of it and if so then in which order?

And can Vault EET be installed on BG2 or it is a BG1 mod?

You need the interim for EET. The download comtains two parts, the main and the patch and you install both (in BG2 part).

VaultEET installs in BG2 part as well.

Edited by Roxanne, 12 September 2017 - 08:27 AM.

The Sandrah Saga