Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#1081 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:58 AM

Hi Roxanne,
is the incompatibility between the new bgqe component "Brage's Sword" and Sandrah Saga still valid? (I'm on bgqe's depencies for BWS.)

I have not looked at it yet but I assume there is not a real incompatibility. Unless Brage is killed when you give him to the bounty hunter?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1082 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:12 AM

If Brage is brought to Oublek instead to Nalin he will be alive but "gone" in the way that he is supposedly in prison waiting for his execution. The prison is not reachable for the PC, though.

He can be summoed once and talked to by asking Oublek for a meeting.

Also, the PC can prove his innocence. After that, Brage will be in the temple for both ways.

If the PC decides to play evil, Brage will be convicted to be hanged, but the sentence will not be executed during the game. Brage will not be present to be talked to in this case.

Mainly bgqe is inserting a story arch (including reply options from Nashkel soldiers and inserting notes from Mulahey / Tazok / that mage in Cloakwood mines) that Brage's cursed sword was placed into his hands by the bandits to weaken the Nashkel forces so they wouldn't be able to investigate the Nashkel mines. It assumes a story how this happened (which is compatible with bg1re's component "Bardolan's Briefing"). It also assumes that it was Brage destroying the caravan where he is met the first time.

I understood from your comments in the G3 thread that Sandrah Saga gives a different story around Brage's Sword so the two would be incompatible story-wise. In that case, I'd tagg the bgqe component to be incompatible with Sandrah.

#1083 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:22 AM

To be added: If Brage was brought to the temple but sentenced to death, he will still remain in the temple under Nalin's protection.

In principle, I try to add to existant characters in a way that the original game is altered as little as possible. Thus, Brage might be sentenced to the gallows but will never be truly executed, he might talk about going on a redemption path but never actually leave the temple because that's where he remains in the original game.

Possible problems I could imagine:

-if your mod checks for Brage being alive for all the follow ups, it would now also have to check whether he is free, sentenced guilty but under the protection of the temple, or whether he is in prison (in the latter case either preventing the follow ups or giving a short explanation for his freedom).

Still, if the story mentioned in your post at G3 is implemented into Sandrah, I believe the two mods to be incompatible story wise. I have no problem tagging the two as incompatible, it might be the easiest solution for Sandrah content wise, too.

#1084 shgcbc

shgcbc
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

Hi Roxanne, I also want to know how can i trigger shar-teel giving birth? She went to Waterdeep alone. Nothing seems to happen by waiting or advancing real time. Thanks.

#1085 Lundar

Lundar
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:16 AM

Hi Roxanne,

is there a Walkthrough for Sandrah in BG2 ?

(something like that for BG1 in the readme ?)

PS: I (we?) havent heard from you for a long time .....

#1086 The champ

The champ
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

Hello guys I'm playing at this mod and I got a problem, I arrived at Waterdeep for the first time, I finished all the quest in Waterdeep and I have to talk with Elminster

in his house but he isn't there. is there someone that could help me please??

#1087 Luwe

Luwe
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:55 AM

Hello There, 

First of all, I would like to thank you, Roxanne, for this great mod!

Sandrah is a great Character.

I was wondering if you could help me sorting out two problems. Let me just say that I have all the eet megamods and mods istalled, the game runs fine, apart from a ui issue which I solved. The only problem I have is that Sandrah does not seem to have banters with other npcs, either classic ones or mod ones. And that Dragonspear interventions to asist me with quests, for exemple in the lich cave, are not present. Also, I did the henning/imoen quest just fine, but Sandrah never gave me any sort of reminder after I rescued him. Or, for example, there was never a red wizard of that outside the house after I got the candle for Ordolath.

Little bits are missing, i don't know why.

I attached the debug!

Overall, Sandrah became a loth quieter in Sod, and still having the issue that she has only interactions with either imoen or my character- STrangely, quest interactions are very fine though, even other adventure mods are just fine. 

Is there any way to fix this without forcing me to start all over?

Thanks!

Attached Files

#1088 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:27 AM

Hello There, 

First of all, I would like to thank you, Roxanne, for this great mod!

Sandrah is a great Character.

I was wondering if you could help me sorting out two problems. Let me just say that I have all the eet megamods and mods istalled, the game runs fine, apart from a ui issue which I solved. The only problem I have is that Sandrah does not seem to have banters with other npcs, either classic ones or mod ones. And that Dragonspear interventions to asist me with quests, for exemple in the lich cave, are not present. Also, I did the henning/imoen quest just fine, but Sandrah never gave me any sort of reminder after I rescued him. Or, for example, there was never a red wizard of that outside the house after I got the candle for Ordolath.

Little bits are missing, i don't know why.

I attached the debug!

Overall, Sandrah became a loth quieter in Sod, and still having the issue that she has only interactions with either imoen or my character- STrangely, quest interactions are very fine though, even other adventure mods are just fine. 

Thanks!

Your chances to getting answer for your question on this forum are minimal. But they will significantly improve if you post it here:

https://baldursextendedworld.com/

#1089 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:46 AM

Thanks!

I do not know whether this is really the case, but considering that Roxanne excluded all original SoD-NPCs in her "SoD Banter Restauration for EET" mod, I assume (!) that Roxanne might have no banters with either of them except the NPCs that continue over to BGII.

#1090 Luwe

Luwe
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

What I meant to say is that it never had banters with other npcs directly, regardless of the expansion! thanks!

#1091 eXistenZe

eXistenZe
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:12 AM

Hey there. Is this a known issue during install in eet install tool?

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [CVELT3.ARE] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Sandrah EET additions], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 214 files for [SANDRAHNPC/SETUP-SANDRAHNPC.TP2] component 16.
Uninstalled    214 files for [SANDRAHNPC/SETUP-SANDRAHNPC.TP2] component 16.
ERROR: Failure("resource [CVELT3.ARE] not found for 'COPY'")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-SANDRAHNPC.DEBUG and look for support at: Roxanne - https://baldursexten...ld.com/Sandrah/ or roxanne@baldursextendedworld.com
Automatically Skipping [Sandrah EET additions] because of error.
Using Language [English]
weidu_external/lang/english/setup.tra file not found. Skipping...
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 394917 string entries

#1092 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:40 AM

Hi eXistenZe, for support on Sandrah and the EE Setup Tool you will have more luck in Roxanne's own world: https://baldursexten...ld.com/Sandrah/

#1093 eXistenZe

eXistenZe
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

Thanks

#1094 drakiesan

drakiesan
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:29 AM

Hello I have problem with installation of Sandrah Saga. Using EE mod setup tool but tried it manually.

Spoiler

and then this

Spoiler

Edited by drakiesan, 09 May 2020 - 08:45 AM.

#1095 Mitch91

Mitch91
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:16 AM

Hello. I'm just trying to play a smash and destroy game with modded characters via EE Keeper. Is there a reason why I cannot assign a HP total greater than 99 for Sandrah? And if I can, what attribute controls this (outside of the standard base HP total. I change this and the game changes it back to 99.) Any help would be appreciated. :)

#1096 Hubkin

Hubkin
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 12:59 AM

Hi, i got a problem with waterdeep Khattark quest.

I meet him at old road ,safe a chiled and went to the city, than i wipe out the whole sewers but no sign of him. Any advice? Thank you