Photo

[MOD] Sandrah Saga For EET

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#121 -RVNS-

-RVNS-

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

Not that I am aware. I will try wiping and reinstalling with just the bare minimum required for the mod. 

#122 -Thalantyr-

-Thalantyr-

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

What happens after you let sandrah spend a tenday with naronguth?

Elminister doesn't seem to have any dialogue about her (he only asks about the shard and then the dialogue closes), and she doesn't appear after the tenday passes.

#123 -Thalantyr-

-Thalantyr-

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Nevermind, sorry i found that walkthrought you posted a while back.

#124 -Thalantyr-

-Thalantyr-

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

How can i trigger shar-teel giving birth? I want to have her back in the party for the later chapters. Nothing seems to happen by waiting or advancing real time

#125 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

How can i trigger shar-teel giving birth? I want to have her back in the party for the later chapters. Nothing seems to happen by waiting or advancing real time

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#126 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Hello, how did you exactly manage Imoen multiclassing? I found that multiclassed Imoen with "NPCs Enhanced for everyone" mod makes Imoen a half-elf, and I would like to maybe suggest a solution in that mod's topic.

#127 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

Hello, how did you exactly manage Imoen multiclassing? I found that multiclassed Imoen with "NPCs Enhanced for everyone" mod makes Imoen a half-elf, and I would like to maybe suggest a solution in that mod's topic.

That is not something that can be transferred in any way to the tweak mod. The NPC mod follows a different concept alltogether while mine is done with a dialogue in game setting globals that are later evaluated. No way to use one method in the other mod. This is a dead end.

Are you sure that Imoen half-elf is not what is intended by that *mod*? Maybe it is not a bug but a feature.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 August 2017 - 06:53 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#128 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

Well humans aren't supposed to be able to be multiclass, so... it's really just conforming with the game world. Plus,
Spoiler

Out of curiosity, how do you deal with Imoen's spell slots? I've found that neither direct .cre patching nor the ChangeClass script applies them, until a level-up occurs.

Edited by subtledoctor, 15 August 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#129 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Well humans aren't supposed to be able to be multiclass, so... it's really just conforming with the game world. Plus,
Spoiler

Out of curiosity, how do you deal with Imoen's spell slots? I've found that neither direct .cre patching nor the ChangeClass script applies them, until a level-up occurs.

ADD_KNOWN_SPELL ~SPWI104~ #0 ~wizard~

ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL ~SPWI104~ #0 ~wizard~ ( 1 )

Means she comes with just one spell, suitable for her (Charm Person) at the initial meeting after Gorion's death.

Anyway, this is a completely different scenario for a different purpose and nothing that can be used for a generic mod that allows any NPC to be tweaked into anything the player wants. And it is EET only

Edited by Roxanne, 15 August 2017 - 11:01 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#130 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

Ah - I didn't realize that actually gives the .CRE the spell slots, as well as the spell. Easy-peasy!

Edited by subtledoctor, 15 August 2017 - 12:20 PM.

#131 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:46 AM

Regarding content of this mod - it includes crossmod talks that never were consulted with the original authors of the other mods. I just took a look at the content and found out that almost all my projects are included. Including crossmod content is great, but only when it's written by modders together, as a guarantee of quality. That is what help to keep both NPCs in-character. That's what is missing here.

There are certain rules in the community - just look at G3 Crossmod Banters and how the content is created, how it's accepted by both modders. And here... as I said, no banter was ever consulted with me, while I've been here for almost 10 years (so it's not like I was unreachable). Talks between your NPC and my mod characters do not match my characters' concepts thus please, exclude them from this mod.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 16 August 2017 - 12:48 AM.

#132 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

Regarding content of this mod - it includes crossmod talks that never were consulted with the original authors of the other mods. I just took a look at the content and found out that almost all my projects are included. Including crossmod content is great, but only when it's written by modders together, as a guarantee of quality. That is what help to keep both NPCs in-character. That's what is missing here.

There are certain rules in the community - just look at G3 Crossmod Banters and how the content is created, how it's accepted by both modders. And here... as I said, no banter was ever consulted with me, while I've been here for almost 10 years (so it's not like I was unreachable). Talks between your NPC and my mod characters do not match my characters' concepts thus please, exclude them from this mod.

All crossmod is understood as a proposal. If you disagree, it will be removed. Just tell me which ones you want to be purged.

The Sandrah Saga

#133 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

After all what I've seen, that would be all my projects + Fade, as I was allowed to take care of the mod. The list is in my signature.

And even "proposals" are discussed between modders, then modified if needed, or released on one or more mods. Yet you released them before it was discussed.

#134 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:34 AM

After all what I've seen, that would be all my projects + Fade, as I was allowed to take care of the mod. The list is in my signature.

And even "proposals" are discussed between modders, then modified if needed, or released on one or more mods. Yet you released them before it was discussed.

Removed Crossmod with Foundling, White, Varshoon*, Aeon*.

(* those mods are not available for EET, thus the contents never compiles.)

Fade was already done for the BGT version more than 4 years ago and before your involvement with that mod. Anyway, since there is no EET version of Fade, there is no issue here.

The Sandrah Saga

#135 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

I am Fade's legal caretaker (along with Kai) - both original Fade authors agreed and it was confirmed by Kaeloree and it may once hit EET. Since crossmod talks with her are also out of character, that's why I ask you to exclude it from the mod as well.

#136 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

I am Fade's legal caretaker (along with Kai) - both original Fade authors agreed and it was confirmed by Kaeloree and it may once hit EET. Since crossmod talks with her are also out of character, that's why I ask you to exclude it from the mod as well.

Done

The Sandrah Saga

#137 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:41 AM

Thank you.

#138 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

This is what baffled me for the same last 10 years: noone asked what original game authors thought about tweaking their characters by mods, and that's just how it should be, but then when we come to tweaking modders characters that suddenly a taboo because... because of... urgh... ahem, little help anyone?

I always thought that creating a mod - even a shitty mod - out of everything laid on the table is anyone's right, because that's a nature of modding. Crossmod's bells and whistles about that matter was their right, naturally, but it in no way is, nor should be taken for, an imperative.

Edited by Creepin, 16 August 2017 - 08:38 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#139 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

Creepin,

when it comes to modding games - it may help games to live longer and more copies may be sold, so it's actually game devs who benefit, rather than modders. When it comes to writing mods, modders do not benefit (well we have fun and we learn, but we aren't paid), so we try to respect each other's work. We do inspire ourselves, respect our work and discuss and learn from eachother, what makes it easier to create even better mods. And many devs to actually encourage it. Not so long time ago, Chris Avellone commented on PST mods and said he would be happy to see even more of those. Beamdog supports modding, too. I was encouraged by Beamdog devs to release mods and my modding tutorials were noticed by their community menager. And when a modder goes too far with something... well, the mod is usually ignored by most and some notes are made on the forums (usually by other players and modders).

To make it all work fine among modders, we must respect eachother as we respect game devs (well, I certainly do, otherwise I would move to modding other games). support the industry. And that's what I do. And I do respect modders and I want they to respect me, that's why certain ways of handling metters were developed. That's why we communicate. I created some great talks with Kulyok, Artemius, Kaeloree, CMorgan and many other, well known modders. I worked with Miss E, tested stuff for Sakaki, released stuff with Jastey. We talked, exchanged so many messages to make sure both sides are happy with the results and feel fine about releasing something. It feels quite good and right, then. And everyone's happy and feel respected. And if community is to remain a community, respect is more than needed. That's how for example SHS and G3 and PPG have lived for many many years. If we stop now, then IE modding cummunities will die sooner than we want it to. Cheers.

(By the way, I'm not sure if that's the right place to have that kind of talks, so I'll stop here - just wanted to make clear how I see it... and not just me, but many other modders too, as far as I know. Aaaaand now I'm off)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 16 August 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#140 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

but then when we come to tweaking modders characters that suddenly a taboo because... because of... urgh... ahem, little help anyone?

Respect, courtesy, and the wish to remain part of the community. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

Btw.: As soon as original devs demand that mods should be pulled, they will be pulled. Since it didn't happen yet, comparing the two is not useful.