[MOD] Sandrah Saga For EET

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#181 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

Another Sandrah mod question. I am counting installations I need to have different PTs. The easiest way would be to simply install everything and play different parts at different PTs, but is it possible in case of Sandrah? That mod intertwines with several megamods binds them together and even spinoff some. What would happen if I install Sandrah but decide not to invite her into my group? Would I have same PT as I would without installation Sandrah (but with all other megamods) or would I see broken pieces here and there? (Aside from the very first scene in Candlekeep - that does not count).

#182 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Another Sandrah mod question. I am counting installations I need to have different PTs. The easiest way would be to simply install everything and play different parts at different PTs, but is it possible in case of Sandrah? That mod intertwines with several megamods binds them together and even spinoff some. What would happen if I install Sandrah but decide not to invite her into my group? Would I have same PT as I would without installation Sandrah (but with all other megamods) or would I see broken pieces here and there? (Aside from the very first scene in Candlekeep - that does not count).

Basically (I hope I understand your question correctly) you should have this:

- you do a megamod EET installation including Sandrah. You meet Sandrah after you left Candlekeep but decide not to take her along. Sandrah will wait a short while just in case you change your mind. She will be gone for good as soon as you reach FAI or Nashkel. End.

- you will play the game just as if the Sandrah Saga would not be installed at all.

- the new areas added by the Sandrah mod will not appear on your worldmap or be otherwise accessible. If you move there via console commands, there will not be much going on without the Sandrah quests etc.

- the game will end with your decision at ToB, there will be no indication for the further game parts added by Sandrah Saga.

- if you start a completely new game with the same installation and decide to take her along this time, everything will change.

You will have

- the preview scene in Candlekeep you already mentioned

- the large BP-worldmap throughout the game as this is forced by the installation and there is no way to know that you will not need it later on

- the initial extended Imoen talk in which you can change Imoen's class to mage ot mage/thief right for your initial meeting. Imoen will appear as you have chosen her, Sandrah or no Sandrah.

- you will meet Haiass, the wolf companion, when you reach the outside of FAI. You can take him along or not, just as you like. He will be an animal companion but you never will learn about his true nature.

In case you initially take Sandrah but decide to kick her out later, you may find remnants of the mod, depending on where/when/under what circumstances you kicked her out. Those should be logical from whatever had happened with her up to that point.

The above is the design of the mod. In case you try it and find that something works differently, I would consider this a bug. Understandibly I did never run a complete playthrough without her to thoroughly test it. If you find something that looks like a leftover from Sandrah while she is not there, just report it and it will be fixed.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#183 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

Thank you! This is precisely what I wanted to know! So, one installation after all - perfect!

One more thing (unrelated) - for several days now I can not download latest version of SandrahRtF - download stops at some point no matter whether it was done with BWS or separately. Is it my computer or something is wrong with the site?

#184 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

One more thing (unrelated) - for several days now I can not download latest version of SandrahRtF - download stops at some point no matter whether it was done with BWS or separately. Is it my computer or something is wrong with the site?

The problem must be on your end, I just tested the download and it worked (259MB due to the 100+ new areas added by that element)..

The Sandrah Saga

#185 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Fifth time today was a charm :) Got it.

Edited by Mirandel, 02 October 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#186 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

Fifth time today was a charm :) Got it.

I just found another small thing that will be added to the game by the Sandrah mod and you find even when not letting her join:

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#187 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Unresolved quests do not bother me that much (and in this case - not at all, the item is useful as it is with all memories attached). But thanks for mentioning.

#188 Thrawn_1986

Thrawn_1986
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Huh, I just started my second of multiple modded games. should have read this first. :P I had assumed The Sandrah Saga would not allow a play through as if you didn't have it.

@Mirandel May I ask what your set up is for your multiple PT's?

#189 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

Huh, I just started my second of multiple modded games. should have read this first. :P I had assumed The Sandrah Saga would not allow a play through as if you didn't have it.

You mean, what mods I am using? Too many to name (the most minimalistic is 24 for BG1 and 36 for BG2) :) And several various combinations of differently installed stand alone or EET games on different computers (hence - attempt to combine everything possible in one installation and get rid of multiple copies.

Roxanne, another question about Sandrah: she must be always in the group to get most out of her conversations. This one is clear. She also has to be present in some key encounters in order to get some items/clues from strangers - right? But what if she was absent from the party for that very encounter where you were supposed to get some clue? And then joined again? Or even more simple - she was in the party but was dead and party was on the way to the Temple to resurrect her? Would I get the clues sometime later anyway when she returns (into the group or to the life)? Or would her plot break irreversibly? 

#190 Thrawn_1986

Thrawn_1986
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

I was just comeing to ask something that may answer that question. Playing with Sandrah mod installed, but never let Sandrah join party. I just rescued Dynaheir from knoll stronghold. When I got back to nashkel she gave me a scrap of cloth to give to 'my cleric girl'. Was assuming this referred to Sandrah, but wanted to confirm.

If it is indeed for sandrah i think that answers your question.

#191 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

This is a bit off topic but since its one of your mods Roxanne then maybe you can help.

Namely, I have trouble installing SoD Banter Restoration.

Here is the debug.

Attached Files

#192 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

This is a bit off topic but since its one of your mods Roxanne then maybe you can help.

Namely, I have trouble installing SoD Banter Restoration.

Here is the debug.

It says that BDBanter.2da is missing. This file only exists in EET games and after EET was installed. Is that your case?

The Sandrah Saga

#193 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

You mean, what mods I am using? Too many to name (the most minimalistic is 24 for BG1 and 36 for BG2) :) And several various combinations of differently installed stand alone or EET games on different computers (hence - attempt to combine everything possible in one installation and get rid of multiple copies.

Roxanne, another question about Sandrah: she must be always in the group to get most out of her conversations. This one is clear. She also has to be present in some key encounters in order to get some items/clues from strangers - right? But what if she was absent from the party for that very encounter where you were supposed to get some clue? And then joined again? Or even more simple - she was in the party but was dead and party was on the way to the Temple to resurrect her? Would I get the clues sometime later anyway when she returns (into the group or to the life)? Or would her plot break irreversibly? 

I was just comeing to ask something that may answer that question. Playing with Sandrah mod installed, but never let Sandrah join party. I just rescued Dynaheir from knoll stronghold. When I got back to nashkel she gave me a scrap of cloth to give to 'my cleric girl'. Was assuming this referred to Sandrah, but wanted to confirm.

If it is indeed for sandrah i think that answers your question.

It depends very much on the event, some - like the Dynaheir example work even when Sandrah is absent. In fact this specific occurance has a specific option for it. Most others have not. You will receive some feedback from Sandrah at times, She will evaluate the overall progress you made and also provide information if her quests can no longer be solved due to missing pieces/information/interactions. On some crucial events she may leave your party in case her main quest can no longer be resolved, This is to give you a fair chance to finish the game without her.

The Sandrah Saga

#194 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Thanks, but still - being dead but in the party - is it counted as "absent"? :)

#195 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

Thanks, but still - being dead but in the party - is it counted as "absent"? :)

*absent" is not really something the game checks. Some examples:

Your companion can be in party but dead

Your companion can be in party and alive but not able for dialogue (sleeping, unconscious, deaf, and some other states)

Your companion can be in party fully functional

Your companion can be not in party but in the area and able to participate in a dialogue.

Your companion has been in party at some time even if not there presently.

In the Sandrah mod all oft these conditions are applied at some time or other depending on the circumstances and the desired results. Sometimes it is enough for her to be present and witness an even, most of the times she needs to be actively involved in the dialogue. And everything in between.

Edited by Roxanne, 17 October 2017 - 11:28 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#196 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

Uh... As complicated as the mod itself :) Obviously, it's better to keep her alive and active but some are curious if they risk to miss something by not reaching some priest in time for resurrection (too bad you are not visiting beamdog forums or you would answer there yourself).  

#197 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Uh... As complicated as the mod itself :) Obviously, it's better to keep her alive and active but some are curious if they risk to miss something by not reaching some priest in time for resurrection (too bad you are not visiting beamdog forums or you would answer there yourself).  

What? How come the bean dogs discuss my mod? It is for EET only, so I am not even modding THEIR games...Do they think they own all of Baldur's Gate or what!

Regarding contents

The story in the Sandrah mod is that she learns about her past, her future, as well as about the protagonist and imoen and their heritage. The common experience progresses the plot and also Sandrah's personal development from self-declared Mary Sue to accepting responsibility for bringing some important change to the Realms. So if she misses crucial events and elements there will come a point where the plot must get stuck.

Maybe all my warnings about Sandrah not just being an NPC you take along and have some banters with should be even louder. It is in fact a second large story running alongside and entwining with the original main story of the trilogy. At the end of ToB those two stories are supposed to become one which continues into Return to Faerun.

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 18 October 2017 - 01:06 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#198 Mirandel

Mirandel
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Maybe all my warnings about Sandrah not just being an NPC you take along and have some banters with should be even louder. It is in fact a second large story running alongside and entwining with the original main story of the trilogy. At the end of ToB those two stories are supposed to become one which continues into Return to Faerun.

I really do not know what else can you do here: you name your mod Sandrah saga, you can not be more obvious than that. Of course, if you include in the short description of the mod that very words you used above "Sandrah is not just another NPC you take along and have some banters with. Her story is, in fact, as large as Baalspawn's story, running alongside and entwining with the original main story of the trilogy." - it might catch attention of some of us, very inattentive players. But not sure even that will truly help.

And then, who would care what became of a long gone NPC?

Anyone, actually, IF you make "exit" dramatic enough. Sure, everything in the middle will be lost, but if Sandrah would promise to return and make Charname to regret his/her decision - it might be enough. And even "lost" middle part could be summarized in a few sentences with the beginning "I promised we will meet again and here I am". Up to you, of course, but I do like the idea. 

#199 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

Hi Roxane,

First of all, many thanks for the time you dedicate to this forum.  It helps a lot.

My question will be very easy... or very complicated, it depends.

I have very recently bought the enhanced editions of BG1 and BG2 (not SoD yet) to give it a try.

Given that I have not much time left to play , I would like to know what tool to use to install them, Sandrah and a bunch of other mods likewise: BigWorld Setup (BWS) or the BigWorldProject (BWS)?

I ask this because I have tried  to install BG1, BG2 (classics this time), BGT and other mods with BWP v17 to no avail. What was possible with BWP16, ie installing mods manually with BWP Fixpack and BWP Textpack, is no longer possible with the last version (to my knowledge, perhaps I am wrong).

I couldn't use Fixpack and Textpack without running the install.bat file.

So, I would  be inclined to use BWS this time, hoping not to meet any game-breaking glitches.

Is it a reasonable choice?

Thanks a lot

#200 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:02 AM

Hi Roxane,

First of all, many thanks for the time you dedicate to this forum.  It helps a lot.

My question will be very easy... or very complicated, it depends.

I have very recently bought the enhanced editions of BG1 and BG2 (not SoD yet) to give it a try.

Given that I have not much time left to play , I would like to know what tool to use to install them, Sandrah and a bunch of other mods likewise: BigWorld Setup (BWS) or the BigWorldProject (BWS)?

I ask this because I have tried  to install BG1, BG2 (classics this time), BGT and other mods with BWP v17 to no avail. What was possible with BWP16, ie installing mods manually with BWP Fixpack and BWP Textpack, is no longer possible with the last version (to my knowledge, perhaps I am wrong).

I couldn't use Fixpack and Textpack without running the install.bat file.

So, I would  be inclined to use BWS this time, hoping not to meet any game-breaking glitches.

Is it a reasonable choice?

Thanks a lot

There is no way to install Sandrah with any of those combinations you listed.

Sandrah installs only on EET games - and EET requires BGEE+SoD (v2.3.67.3 at least) and BG2EE (same version). For such an installation, the BWS is the appropriate tool.

Even without Sandrah, EET requires the above versions. You can only use BWS to install a modded BGEE game and a separate BG2EE game if you do not have the SoD addition.

As for BGT (there is no Sandrah in BGT), there is a forum here http://www.shsforums...c/59470-bwpv17/ that may help you with BWP issues. The BWP v17 is the designated tool for BGT installations, I cannot comment on its usability since I do not use classic edition anymore.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 October 2017 - 06:05 AM.

The Sandrah Saga