[MOD] Sandrah Saga For EET

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#201 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

Hi Roxane,

First of all, many thanks for the time you dedicate to this forum.  It helps a lot.

My question will be very easy... or very complicated, it depends.

I have very recently bought the enhanced editions of BG1 and BG2 (not SoD yet) to give it a try.

Given that I have not much time left to play , I would like to know what tool to use to install them, Sandrah and a bunch of other mods likewise: BigWorld Setup (BWS) or the BigWorldProject (BWS)?

I ask this because I have tried  to install BG1, BG2 (classics this time), BGT and other mods with BWP v17 to no avail. What was possible with BWP16, ie installing mods manually with BWP Fixpack and BWP Textpack, is no longer possible with the last version (to my knowledge, perhaps I am wrong).

I couldn't use Fixpack and Textpack without running the install.bat file.

So, I would  be inclined to use BWS this time, hoping not to meet any game-breaking glitches.

Is it a reasonable choice?

Thanks a lot

There is no way to install Sandrah with any of those combinations you listed.

Sandrah installs only on EET games - and EET requires BGEE+SoD (v2.3.67.3 at least) and BG2EE (same version). For such an installation, the BWS is the appropriate tool.

Even without Sandrah, EET requires the above versions. You can only use BWS to install a modded BGEE game and a separate BG2EE game if you do not have the SoD addition.

As for BGT (there is no Sandrah in BGT), there is a forum here http://www.shsforums...c/59470-bwpv17/ that may help you with BWP issues. The BWP v17 is the designated tool for BGT installations, I cannot comment on its usability since I do not use classic edition anymore.

I thank you for your quick reply.

I don't intend to continue with BGT and the classic versions of the game anyway.

I guess I will have to buy SoD if I want to enjoy your mod (and many other big ones I guess, according to your readme).

I just hope there is a reasonable chance that everything goes smoothly since I am a bit fed up having gone as far as to the beginning of ToB (with a heavily-modded game)  just to meet an insurmountable game-breaking glitch).

#202 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

I don't intend to continue with BGT and the classic versions of the game anyway.

I guess I will have to buy SoD if I want to enjoy your mod (and many other big ones I guess, according to your readme).

I just hope there is a reasonable chance that everything goes smoothly since I am a bit fed up having gone as far as to the beginning of ToB (with a heavily-modded game)  just to meet an insurmountable game-breaking glitch).

For EET with or without my mod you need SoD. Otherwise you cannot play the EE version as one game (ala BGT) since a part is missing, i.e. SoD is happening between BG1 Sarevok's defeat and BG2 waking in Irenicus Dungeon. EET provides the transitions of you and your party in that sequence. There is no jump from end of BG2 to start of BG2 anymore.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 October 2017 - 07:04 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#203 -sogdiane-

-sogdiane-

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

For EET with or without my mod you need SoD. Otherwise you cannot play the EE version as one game (ala BGT) since a part is missing, i.e. SoD is happening between BG1 Sarevok's defeat and BG2 waking in Irenicus Dungeon. EET provides the transitions of you and your party in that sequence. There is no jump from end of BG2 to start of BG2 anymore.

I thank you a lot.

I'll give another try with SoD and EET this time et I'll cross my fingers in the meanwhile.

#204 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

I thank you a lot.

I'll give another try with SoD and EET this time et I'll cross my fingers in the meanwhile.

1. I played through EET already several times. It would be interesting to hear which *insurmountable game-breaking glitch* there was in your BGT?

2. A main difference between EET and BGT is the up-tp-date support available by the developper and testers. For that, take a look at http://gibberlings3....p?showforum=195 and its sub-forums.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 October 2017 - 08:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#205 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

I thank you a lot.

1. I played through EET already several times. It would be interesting to hear which *insurmountable game-breaking glitch* there was in your BGT?

2. A main difference between EET and BGT is the up-tp-date support available by the developper and testers. For that, take a look at http://gibberlings3....p?showforum=195 and its sub-forums.

Thanks for the link.

As a matter of fact, it was a relatively common glitch, ie the character couldn't undertake the trials in the Pocket Plane because the dialog with Sarevok couldn't fire.

#206 -Sogdiane-

-Sogdiane-

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

I thank you a lot.

Thanks for the link.

As a matter of fact, it was a relatively common glitch, ie the character couldn't undertake the trials in the Pocket Plane because the dialog with Sarevok couldn't fire.

More precisely, the dialog with Sarevok was triggered but stopped short and the passage to the very first trial remained closed. 

#207 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

More precisely, the dialog with Sarevok was triggered but stopped short and the passage to the very first trial remained closed. 

Not something I have encountered in my (highly modded) EET games nor have I seen any reports about such an issue for EET so far. Knock on wood.

The Sandrah Saga

#208 -mwdillon69@yahoo.com-

-mwdillon69@yahoo.com-

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

Roxanne, How come every time I play BG Trilogy with Sandrah...she always quits being in my group after clearing the Cloakwood Mine? I get a statement from her that says something about betting on the wrong horse. Imoen also gives my character an earful. Did you have her quit the party on purpose? All the quests involving her are now null and void because she is no longer in Party. Did I do something wrong? Please help. 

#209 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

Roxanne, How come every time I play BG Trilogy with Sandrah...she always quits being in my group after clearing the Cloakwood Mine? I get a statement from her that says something about betting on the wrong horse. Imoen also gives my character an earful. Did you have her quit the party on purpose? All the quests involving her are now null and void because she is no longer in Party. Did I do something wrong? Please help. 

The possibility for her to leave at that point is intended. Obviously she and your character do not get along too well. There is a counter - C:GetGlobal("Sanpoints","Global") - and if it is too low (below 47) at the time you start chapter 5, she will leave.

That counter is increased/decreased on a large number of occasions depending on what you do, what decisions you take, how much interest you show in Sandrah herself, how often you ask her for her opinion etc. What you did wrong is hard to say, it is never one single event that decides it, it is the sum of all you did or did not do up to that point.

You can C:SetGlobal("Sanpoints","Global",47) before you leave the mines to force her to stay. Or take it as the sign that she is not the right companion for your protagonist (this is the intention of that check.)

Edited by Roxanne, 14 November 2017 - 01:43 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#210 icymad

icymad
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Right now what have more content in regards to megamods, quests etc? EET or BGT? My hard drive fried and i'm unsure if i began another EET or switch to BGT. Any ideas? sorry if off-topic...

Edit: is there a way to ask for savegames if i don't want to go back to doing all the chapters prior to return to Candlekeep?

Edited by icymad, 21 November 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#211 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

Right now what have more content in regards to megamods, quests etc? EET or BGT? My hard drive fried and i'm unsure if i began another EET or switch to BGT. Any ideas? sorry if off-topic...

Edit: is there a way to ask for savegames if i don't want to go back to doing all the chapters prior to return to Candlekeep?

Most content and NPC mods are meanwhile available in EET. Plus it has all the new NPCs (vanilla and mods) and the whole SoD expansion. There are still BGT mods not available and some that maybe never will. It depends on your taste if you would miss any of them. If you enjoyed EET and never played BGT before, you may not be too happy with itm you will quickly recognice that the game is just old. You will miss features only EE has, Other point is that in EET the big mods are more balanced and less cheesy due to their overhaul for the new games, also most bugs have been repaired.

This is my personal preference - and I have played BGT for ober a decade before I changed to EET.

The Sandrah Saga

#212 -icymad-

-icymad-

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:12 AM

I guess i'll install EET then, also, is there a place to ask for save games, edit the main char mid game, etc? I'm not sure i could handle playing from the beginning all over again...

#213 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:27 AM

I guess i'll install EET then, also, is there a place to ask for save games, edit the main char mid game, etc? I'm not sure i could handle playing from the beginning all over again...

With EET you can play the game in different ways:

- from Candlekeep to ToB as one game (including SoD as well) with your PC character and continuos NPCs.

- starting with any other campaign, e.g. starting at SoD or BG2 or ToB start, in which case some NPCs may not show up or you cannot revisit earlier parts that are not included in your play.

- playing the Pits as standalone campaigns

- the import/export stuff from original game is also provided in EET.

Since this here is the Sandrah thread (EET is here http://gibberlings3....p?showforum=195), I may add that Sandrah only appears in games you start at Candlekeep - so no use bothering with installing her if you only want to enter the game later. There are some other NPCs like that but I cannot speak for them.

Edited by Roxanne, 22 November 2017 - 04:28 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#214 -dan-

-dan-

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

hello, i just started soa and was wondering where sandrah is, she left the group when the shadow thieves ambushed us and i wondered when will she reapear? this is my first playthrough and wondered if this is a bug or is this the way it is supposed to happen? would be grateful for any help, thanks.

#215 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

hello, i just started soa and was wondering where sandrah is, she left the group when the shadow thieves ambushed us and i wondered when will she reapear? this is my first playthrough and wondered if this is a bug or is this the way it is supposed to happen? would be grateful for any help, thanks.

Did you finish Irenicus Dungeon already?

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#216 Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

I hope this is the right place for this.

I'm playing a new game of BG:EET with Sandrah in my party. After killing the ogre with the gender swapping girdle, I put it into Sandrah's inventory and right-clicked to try and Lore identify it. However even at lore 60 she failed to ID it. But then the moment I went out of the inventory, she initiated dialogue about how the girdle's the gender swapping one. Checking inventory, it's still un-identified and she still can't ID it. Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

#217 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

I hope this is the right place for this.

I'm playing a new game of BG:EET with Sandrah in my party. After killing the ogre with the gender swapping girdle, I put it into Sandrah's inventory and right-clicked to try and Lore identify it. However even at lore 60 she failed to ID it. But then the moment I went out of the inventory, she initiated dialogue about how the girdle's the gender swapping one. Checking inventory, it's still un-identified and she still can't ID it. Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

Did you notice her book (History of Faerun)? She should have mentioned it as well. You can use it with a dialogue option.

Edited by Roxanne, 23 December 2017 - 10:09 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#218 -jimmy-

-jimmy-

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

How difficult are the fights? I found normal mode seige of dragonspear hard, but seige was consistently harder than BG1 or 2. Or maybe it just felt that way because seige is new and BG1 and 2 are old. I don't know.

#219 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

How difficult are the fights? I found normal mode seige of dragonspear hard, but seige was consistently harder than BG1 or 2. Or maybe it just felt that way because seige is new and BG1 and 2 are old. I don't know.

Sandrah is not a tactical mod. The additional enemies and fights are sometimes challenging. They are constructed so, that they adjust to your overall game setting. If you have SCS (which I highly recommend) they are harder than without it. The BG1 part can be harder, when you install some tactical mods with Sandrah, but I understand that players who make that choice get what they want.

In an EET install with Sandrah (even without SCS) you may run into situations where you face opponents still too powerful for an early party. It may be better to delay such showdowns to when you have reached higher levels (this is true not only for Sandrah but for other *big* mods in BG1 as well.) Sometimes your leadership is tested for knowing which battle you should avoid. At least for Sandrah, none of these encounters are blocking you to follow the main quest but happen at location where your visit is optional.

In the EET context (my personal opinion), SoD does not appear harder than the other campaigns.

Edited by Roxanne, 24 December 2017 - 12:26 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#220 -jimmy-

-jimmy-

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

Should I use some mod component to reduce experience? This mega mod seems very mega. I tend to end ToB with 6 to 6-5 million experience points for a group of 6