Photo

[MOD] Sandrah Saga For EET

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#301 -Mark1123-

-Mark1123-

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

I have to echo what others have already said. I can tell that a lot of hard work went into this and I like the extra banter for the most part (though I dont like Sandrah and all the sex is over the top) but the mod seems to kill gameplay. It plays like a easy mode (even on insane) due to how overpowered Sandrah, wolf pet and assassin gear is (though I am not sure assassins are coming from the Sandrah mod). A +3 weapon the minute I leave Candlekeep and a +2 dagger just a few minutes later on Gorion? Why? Lets not forget Sandrahs is pre-equipped with BG1 end game gear. I love the mystery behind the dagger and all the lore addition and I want to keep playing it but I just dont see myself enjoying the combat. I would love to see a BG1 combat friendly version of this mod.

#302 -PaulaM-

-PaulaM-

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

Assassins and sex? Sounds more like Dark Horizons and BG1RE with enabling mature content.

You can see if you kick Sandrah out and still have the encounters that it's from another mod. Nothing from Sandrah mod appears if she's not in party.

#303 -PaulaM-

-PaulaM-

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

Other question for Shauhana quest. Why is the staff with her stuff in the jailer's tank? Why did Vennegrat not take it?

#304 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:41 AM

Other question for Shauhana quest. Why is the staff with her stuff in the jailer's tank? Why did Vennegrat not take it?

Vennegrat is an usurper, he stole the jewel and the position from Shauhana's old mentor. He does not know about the staff's secret as such knowledge is given by an Arch shaman to his successor. He killed the old one and never received that insight. Shauhana knows the old lore from her journeys with the teacher.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#305 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

Assassins and sex? Sounds more like Dark Horizons and BG1RE with enabling mature content.
You can see if you kick Sandrah out and still have the encounters that it's from another mod. Nothing from Sandrah mod appears if she's not in party.
bg1re doesn't add romantic interludes with Sandrah.

#306 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

I have to echo what others have already said. I can tell that a lot of hard work went into this and I like the extra banter for the most part (though I dont like Sandrah and all the sex is over the top) but the mod seems to kill gameplay. It plays like a easy mode (even on insane) due to how overpowered Sandrah, wolf pet and assassin gear is (though I am not sure assassins are coming from the Sandrah mod). A +3 weapon the minute I leave Candlekeep and a +2 dagger just a few minutes later on Gorion? Why? Lets not forget Sandrahs is pre-equipped with BG1 end game gear. I love the mystery behind the dagger and all the lore addition and I want to keep playing it but I just dont see myself enjoying the combat. I would love to see a BG1 combat friendly version of this mod.

http://www.shsforums...254#entry600759 Look at post #5062.

I assume you selected a "tactical install* for EET?

It is something that should not be select-able in BWS but there is nobody left to change the old software. So until new-BWS becomes available, it is what we are stuck with (which is far better than having no support at all).

OR

If you want a tactical install with BWS for EET leave these mods out

- DSotSC

- SandrahNPC

- Dark Horizons

- Drizzt Saga

Edited by Roxanne, 07 March 2018 - 08:44 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#307 -Balulish-

-Balulish-

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

Just small questions, is there any NPC that stay after main saga to RtF? Of course beside Sandrah.

#308 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

Just small questions, is there any NPC that stay after main saga to RtF? Of course beside Sandrah.

Nobody stays but some can be found again (similar to SoD to SoA transition). You can ask Sandrah about them once you are in RtF.

And there are new companions to be found, although you may have met one or the other before (e.g. Mellicamp).

Some former NPCs appear but are not joinable since they have a new occupation (e.g. Nalia).

The list of vanilla NPCs available again is short, it also depends of what you did with them during the original game.

I have a neglected side-project to add some to RtF but I have not looked at it for some time now.

PS - if somebody stays in your party directly after the RtF transition, then it is a bug, some NPC that may be new and not yet covered.

The Sandrah Saga

#309 -Balulish-

-Balulish-

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

The list of vanilla NPCs available again is short, it also depends of what you did with them during the original game.

But as you said - nobody is joinable yes? Just to be sure.

#310 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:51 AM

But as you said - nobody is joinable yes? Just to be sure.

There are some that are joinable, but it depends on what you did with them during ToB. E.g. Viconia can be found with the drow in Undermountain or Jan with the gnomes in the Orc palace. Viconia even has some interactions during the Shar events in RtF. But generally the current version focuses on the new NPCs, each of them have a larger quest on their own.

The Sandrah Saga

#311 -Valek-

-Valek-

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

Hello! 

I've nearly finished the BGEE part of the Sandrah Saga and I have to say it's awesome! Can't wait to do all the rest of the big amount of content. 

I have little questions for the BG2 part since I have a lot of characters that I want to try for the first playthrough:

Spoiler

Yeah I do a lot of planning before playing XD, it's a big part of my fun. 

Thanks a lot!

#312 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:03 AM

Hello! 

I've nearly finished the BGEE part of the Sandrah Saga and I have to say it's awesome! Can't wait to do all the rest of the big amount of content. 

I have little questions for the BG2 part since I have a lot of characters that I want to try for the first playthrough:

Spoiler

Yeah I do a lot of planning before playing XD, it's a big part of my fun. 

Thanks a lot!

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#313 -Valek-

-Valek-

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

Thanks a lot for the answers! Very appreciated

Can i ask other ones similar?

Spoiler

Thanks again

Valek

#314 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:25 AM

Thanks a lot for the answers! Very appreciated

Can i ask other ones similar?
Spoiler

Thanks again

Valek

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#315 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:42 PM

Does the Sandrah mod have any special interactions in SoS like she does with the other big quest mods?

#316 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:04 PM

Does the Sandrah mod have any special interactions in SoS like she does with the other big quest mods?

If you have Shauhana in the party when you meet Rolf (both are half-orcs), there is a special outcome. Otherwise, Sandrah has some remarks and interactions with the major of the militia - and she does not deliver her items to the army or joins them officially.

There is nothing essential for her own quests in SoS.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 March 2018 - 10:50 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#317 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

tyvm!

#318 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

Brilliant! I remember the topic where You got *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk* comment. Back than it wasnt clear which destiny awaits for Sandrah mod, couse reedme was very ambitious, just like many dead mods before. Now this line makes me laugh so much everitime I saw it :ROFL:  You = awesome  :clap:

p.s. As this is the most visited topic now, may I link a question about ToBEx fixes for BG2EE? Thanks

https://forums.beamd...om-tobex#latest

#319 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

p.s. As this is the most visited topic now, may I link a question about ToBEx fixes for BG2EE? Thanks

This may fit here

http://www.shsforums...es/#entry601631

I have once seen some overview about what former Tobex functions have been integrated now directly into EE engine but I cannot find it anymore. I am sure enough people around here can provide the information.

The Sandrah Saga

#320 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

This may fit here

http://www.shsforums...es/#entry601631

I have once seen some overview about what former Tobex functions have been integrated now directly into EE engine but I cannot find it anymore. I am sure enough people around here can provide the information.

I found some information in some email exchange I had long ago with a reliable source:

As of v2.0, most if not all of the features from ToBEx are matched in the engine. I say matched instead of integrated, because ToBEx wasn't something that we could just put directly into the code; we had to implement each of its features separately.

As far as my not-an-engineer understanding goes, the EE games provide former Tobex functions but not necessarily by using the same exact code. I used to play and mod BGT (with Tobex) for many years and now do the same with EET and I have not yet found anything missing.

The Sandrah Saga