360 replies to this topic

#341 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:28 AM

A few questions:

1) Any new when ver 2.06 might be out?

2. I saw you uploaded a Tamoko mod on you Github page. Does it feature stuff like quests, romance, multiple outcomes regarding her fate, banters and/or Player Started Dialogue?

1) The mod is constantly updated and improved but a real bigger release is not expected until IWD-in-EET (if that comes).

2) Tamoko is WiP, it has a small quest regarding Sarevoks's missing sword to fit into the gap between his death and when SoD starts. It will have NO romance, Tamoko's man was Sarevok, and she is not a very likable character you would romance - after all, she was the one to torture prisoners for Sarevok and help him kill Gorion.

Different outcomes yes, PIDs probably not, as she would neither become a real friend nor a romance. Tamoko is a cruel and cold person, fueled by as much ambition as Sarevok had and she is serving an evil deity. She is not *poor* Tamoko who was begging the protagonist for Sarevok's life because of her good heart.

She will be very much at odds with Sandrah if both are in the party. Her content will be mostly in SoD and she will never again meet Sarevok when he re-appears in later parts of the game. This is to ensure complete compatibility with all existing Sarevok/Tamoko contents from the vanilla game and respective mods.

Tamoko is related to this discussion http://gibberlings3....topic=29338&hl=

Edited by Roxanne, 29 April 2018 - 06:36 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#342 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:56 AM

1) The mod is constantly updated and improved but a real bigger release is not expected until IWD-in-EET (if that comes).

2) Tamoko is WiP, it has a small quest regarding Sarevoks's missing sword to fit into the gap between his death and when SoD starts. It will have NO romance, Tamoko's man was Sarevok, and she is not a very likable character you would romance - after all, she was the one to torture prisoners for Sarevok and help him kill Gorion.

Different outcomes yes, PIDs probably not, as she would neither become a real friend nor a romance. Tamoko is a cruel and cold person, fueled by as much ambition as Sarevok had and she is serving an evil deity. She is not *poor* Tamoko who was begging the protagonist for Sarevok's life because of her good heart.

She will be very much at odds with Sandrah if both are in the party. Her content will be mostly in SoD and she will never again meet Sarevok when he re-appears in later parts of the game. This is to ensure complete compatibility with all existing Sarevok/Tamoko contents from the vanilla game and respective mods.

1. Ah, I see. I though that whever there was so major change or/and addition it was the reason for a new official version.

2. Actually I thought that since Tamoko could(potentially) be convinced to give up on Sarevok meaning that she had some code of honor despite being of evil alignment and so I considered it cool if it was at least possible to befriend her as she and the PC were not antagonistic towards each other at all.

As for romance obviously I do not see courting her or listening to her life story as she does not seem as the type(from what characterization she got) but if taking her as the Neutral Evil character she is supposed to be I was wondering if she could not fall with the PC for either strictly a lustful relationship or to see him/her as worthy opponent type. Perhaps only for a evil aligned PC who can satisfy her ambitions and desires better than Saervok did.  Granted one who is not as crazy as Sarevok was as it seemed a bit too much even for her(Sarevok's other lover was more ruthless and evil than her IMO).

At the very least a charismatic PC can make her abandon Sarevok which I doubt any guy who does not have a very strong infuence on her could pull it off.

Regarding PIDs I thought less about flirting but more asking her on what she think about the current situation or to convince for a specific course of action that could affect her loyalty to the PC or/and her fate.

A shame she won't go beyond SoD given that she is specifically for EET :(

Edited by Samriel, 29 April 2018 - 07:03 AM.

#343 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:33 AM

1. Ah, I see. I though that whever there was so major change or/and addition it was the reason for a new official version.

2. Actually I thought that since Tamoko could(potentially) be convinced to give up on Sarevok meaning that she had some code of honor despite being of evil alignment and so I considered it cool if it was at least possible to befriend her as she and the PC were not antagonistic towards each other at all.

As for romance obviously I do not see courting her or listening to her life story as she does not seem as the type(from what characterization she got) but if taking her as the Neutral Evil character she is supposed to be I was wondering if she could not fall with the PC for either strictly a lustful relationship or to see him/her as worthy opponent type. Perhaps only for a evil aligned PC who can satisfy her ambitions and desires better than Saervok did.  Granted one who is not as crazy as Sarevok was as it seemed a bit too much even for her(Sarevok's other lover was more ruthless and evil than her IMO).

At the very least a charismatic PC can make her abandon Sarevok which I doubt any guy who does not have a very strong infuence on her could pull it off.

Regarding PIDs I thought less about flirting but more asking her on what she think about the current situation or to convince for a specific course of action that could affect her loyalty to the PC or/and her fate.

A shame she won't go beyond SoD given that she is specifically for EET :(

I see your points , but I try not to repeat myself in the stuff I do. I used a concept like you describe for the Caelar mod already, where instead of the NPC coming with some talk every hour or so, the player gets the options to question her directly, and then the conduct of the conversation opens more option for the next PID. I did not want to repeat the same again for Tamoko.

Tamoko comes with some secret that the player may or may not reveal. She has chosen Sarevok first of all because of his heritage and she swears loyalty to the protagonist for the same reason. She has little interest in the protagonist as a personality.

There are many good romance/relationship mods out there for the game. Myself, I am not trying to compete with those. My mods are more about the story and the background that surrounds the bhaalspawn protagonist. The PC is a child of his/her times, or rather the Time of Troubles when he was conceived and born. I see this episode as a major event that has shaped and influenced a whole generation in Faerun, not just those in some way related to Bhaal and his children, but many more who suffer or profit from the aera when Gods walked among the mortals.

In my mods I try to fill those characters with more life and their own stories. The protagonist is just one example of the *Time-of-Troubles-Generation.* and his path entwines with many others. I try to tell their stories rather than going deep into the personal relationship between protagonist with any of them. It is a different approach of how you can mod the game, not every mod needs to follow the scheme of 1) getting to know - 2) having a romance/friendship - 3) ending with an epilogue.

PS - Tamoko will be an EET mod not primarily because of content but because it uses the EET transition and NPC continuity features and will not work on BGEE/SoD. However, It also is supposed to be compatible with all the Sarevok related mods and so it injects contents into later events up to ToB even if she is no longer in the party by that time.

The Sandrah Saga

#344 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

I have recently released some smaller mods that were originally planned as elements for the next Sandrah version.

I tuned them a bit so they now can be used on their own, but of course they really provide a much *rounder or fuller* experience if combined with the Sandrah mod:

- Shine on Caelar

- Corwin

- The Sword of Chaos (aka Tamoko)

Some mini-mods have been included into Sandrah itself

- Added Midnight's book to game
- Elfsong ghost added
- Bhaal's daughter plot added
- Black Pits integrated and accessible from Waterdeep

The Sandrah Saga

#345 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

I see your points , but I try not to repeat myself in the stuff I do. I used a concept like you describe for the Caelar mod already, where instead of the NPC coming with some talk every hour or so, the player gets the options to question her directly, and then the conduct of the conversation opens more option for the next PID. I did not want to repeat the same again for Tamoko.

Tamoko comes with some secret that the player may or may not reveal. She has chosen Sarevok first of all because of his heritage and she swears loyalty to the protagonist for the same reason. She has little interest in the protagonist as a personality.

There are many good romance/relationship mods out there for the game. Myself, I am not trying to compete with those. My mods are more about the story and the background that surrounds the bhaalspawn protagonist. The PC is a child of his/her times, or rather the Time of Troubles when he was conceived and born. I see this episode as a major event that has shaped and influenced a whole generation in Faerun, not just those in some way related to Bhaal and his children, but many more who suffer or profit from the aera when Gods walked among the mortals.

In my mods I try to fill those characters with more life and their own stories. The protagonist is just one example of the *Time-of-Troubles-Generation.* and his path entwines with many others. I try to tell their stories rather than going deep into the personal relationship between protagonist with any of them. It is a different approach of how you can mod the game, not every mod needs to follow the scheme of 1) getting to know - 2) having a romance/friendship - 3) ending with an epilogue.

PS - Tamoko will be an EET mod not primarily because of content but because it uses the EET transition and NPC continuity features and will not work on BGEE/SoD. However, It also is supposed to be compatible with all the Sarevok related mods and so it injects contents into later events up to ToB even if she is no longer in the party by that time.

Is the Caelar mod and the Tamoko mod compatible with each other? Or any plans for that?

I find it a bit strange however why Tamoko wanted Sarevok to let go of his goal and convince the PC to "save him". Or why she loved him if she was with him only for ambitions sake. Still, I find it appealing the idea of a more accurate in her evilness Tamoko based on her alignment.

I can certainly understand to let go of the old and overused romance formula though with Tamoko the potential for a "tragic" romance seemed more interesting than most NPC romance mods that offer typical happy endings. Especially since there are so few evil romance mods particularly with female NPCs.

Will the Sandrah mod offer some extra expansion for her maybe?

More importantly, are there any plans perhaps for the outcome of the Tamoko mod to affect interactions with Sarevok in ToB or/and perhaps offer some expansion to him as well? Maybe some extra endings or different options by the end which would lead to those endings? Or will it be possible ONLY by using it along those Sarevok mods that you mentioned(I assume the Sarevok romance and friendship mods)?

#346 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

Is the Caelar mod and the Tamoko mod compatible with each other? Or any plans for that?

There is no reason for them not to be. They are independent like any other two weidu mods would be. There is not even any content overlap. In fact, the two women only ever meet during the SoD final battle. Caelar as party member happens only in ToB.

I find it a bit strange however why Tamoko wanted Sarevok to let go of his goal and convince the PC to "save him". Or why she loved him if she was with him only for ambitions sake. Still, I find it appealing the idea of a more accurate in her evilness Tamoko based on her alignment.

I can certainly understand to let go of the old and overused romance formula though with Tamoko the potential for a "tragic" romance seemed more interesting than most NPC romance mods that offer typical happy endings. Especially since there are so few evil romance mods particularly with female NPCs.

Writing romance mods is not my cup of tea. I have no talent for it and only limited interest. I enjoy playing other writer's romances if they are well written but I stay out of that *genre* myself.

I rather bring out other aspects of the NPCs. Tamoko trying to save Sarevok? Maybe she tried to convince even herself of this, but was it maybe just not trying to go down with him?

Sandrah and Tamoko have interactions for sure. Sandrah's main topic is *Time of Troubles are not over yet* and this is something she shares with Tamoko, even if from a completely different angle.

Spoiler

More importantly, are there any plans perhaps for the outcome of the Tamoko mod to affect interactions with Sarevok in ToB or/and perhaps offer some expansion to him as well? Maybe some extra endings or different options by the end which would lead to those endings? Or will it be possible ONLY by using it along those Sarevok mods that you mentioned(I assume the Sarevok romance and friendship mods)?

The intention is to make everything around Tamoko consistent with what is told in later parts of the game including the romance and the friendship mod. However there will be no dependencies. It will work in whatever mod or not-mod setup you install.

The Sandrah Saga

#347 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

Brilliant! I remember the topic where You got *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk* comment.

Sigh.  That comment was not in reference to this mod... some people have such selective memory.

#348 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:26 AM

There is no reason for them not to be. They are independent like any other two weidu mods would be. There is not even any content overlap. In fact, the two women only ever meet during the SoD final battle. Caelar as party member happens only in ToB.

Writing romance mods is not my cup of tea. I have no talent for it and only limited interest. I enjoy playing other writer's romances if they are well written but I stay out of that *genre* myself.

I rather bring out other aspects of the NPCs. Tamoko trying to save Sarevok? Maybe she tried to convince even herself of this, but was it maybe just not trying to go down with him?

Sandrah and Tamoko have interactions for sure. Sandrah's main topic is *Time of Troubles are not over yet* and this is something she shares with Tamoko, even if from a completely different angle.

Spoiler

The intention is to make everything around Tamoko consistent with what is told in later parts of the game including the romance and the friendship mod. However there will be no dependencies. It will work in whatever mod or not-mod setup you install.

Got it. The Corwin mod is also compatible then?

Actually I liked the Sandrah romance so I dunno about lacking talent. :)

And if Tamoko did not love Sarevok (or at least was not following him mainly out of love) then if she choses to follow the PC couldn't she develop a similar relationship with him/her? Like...trying to corrupt the PC further so that he/she embraces his/her legacy without setting up for a failure like it happened with Sarevok? And using sex "Lady Macbeth style" to manipulate/corrupt him/her? Or maybe different dialogue depending on whether the PC is good or evil aligned which could affect how they get along? Guess I like the roleplaying possibilities and the bond between Tamoko and the PC was rather underdeveloped so there might be plenty to expand.

It might be interesting too if there was some option then to resurrect her in BG2 somehow(maybe using Bhaal's divine heritage) to turn her into the PC's champion/future Chosen of the PC choses to be an Evil God.

By the way, any plans to set up a Tamoko page in the BG EE Modding section? I noticed that Caelar and Corwin already got these and it would not be off topic then by asking stuff about it in the Sandrah section.

Edited by Samriel, 03 May 2018 - 06:59 AM.

#349 Lassal

Lassal
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

Spoiler

Got it. The Corwin mod is also compatible then?

Actually I liked the Sandrah romance so I dunno about lacking talent. :)

And if Tamoko did not love Sarevok (or at least was not following him mainly out of love) then if she choses to follow the PC couldn't she develop a similar relationship with him/her? Like...trying to corrupt the PC further so that he/she embraces his/her legacy without setting up for a failure like it happened with Sarevok? And using sex "Lady Macbeth style" to manipulate/corrupt him/her? Or maybe different dialogue depending on whether the PC is good or evil aligned which could affect how they get along? Guess I like the roleplaying possibilities and the bond between Tamoko and the PC was rather underdeveloped so there might be plenty to expand.

It might be interesting too if there was some option then to resurrect her in BG2 somehow(maybe using Bhaal's divine heritage) to turn her into the PC's champion/future Chosen of the PC choses to be an Evil God.

By the way, any plans to set up a Tamoko page in the BG EE Modding section? I noticed that Caelar and Corwin already got these and it would not be off topic then by asking stuff about it in the Sandrah section.

I always throught that Tamoko is a good woman, loving wrong man. You turn her into some evil schemer. I think its Cythandria who manipulated Sarevok.

SetGlobal("BodhiRomance","GLOBAL",2)

Mods:
Vampire World for EET - http://www.shsforums...-world-for-eet/
Mercenaries of Sword Coast for EET - http://www.shsforums...-coast-for-eet/
Bank of Baldurs Gate for EEThttp://www.shsforums...s-gate-for-eet/
Caelar's Fall for EEThttp://www.shsforums...2-caelars-fall/
Pregnancy for EE/EET - http://www.shsforums...or-bg1bg2eeeet/
Sister of Bhaalspawn for EEThttp://www.shsforums...lspawn-for-eet/

#350 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

I always throught that Tamoko is a good woman, loving wrong man. You turn her into some evil schemer. I think its Cythandria who manipulated Sarevok.

She certainly seemed nicer than Cythandria who was a coward out for glory and cash at Sarevok's side. Which made me wonder whether Tamoko's NE alignment was for show, her love for Sarevok changed her as it could with the likewise NE Viconia for the PC or as Roxanne says Tamoko had ulterior motives and was not as kind as she seemed.

Well, her culture of Kara Tur got seemingly a different approach to evil as she seemed to be rather "samuraish" there. Her brother Yoshimo who was outright Tue Neutral was likewise more complex than merely a traitor to the PC.

A shame there is no a romance mod for Tamoko or at least one that builds up her bond in some way with the PC and gives her some exposition and character development. Yoshimo got tons of mods himself...

#351 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

She certainly seemed nicer than Cythandria who was a coward out for glory and cash at Sarevok's side. Which made me wonder whether Tamoko's NE alignment was for show, her love for Sarevok changed her as it could with the likewise NE Viconia for the PC or as Roxanne says Tamoko had ulterior motives and was not as kind as she seemed.

Well, her culture of Kara Tur got seemingly a different approach to evil as she seemed to be rather "samuraish" there. Her brother Yoshimo who was outright Tue Neutral was likewise more complex than merely a traitor to the PC.

A shame there is no a romance mod for Tamoko or at least one that builds up her bond in some way with the PC and gives her some exposition and character development. Yoshimo got tons of mods himself...

That's interesting. Yoshimo and Tamoko are siblings? They never meet in the game and I've never seen it stated anywhere.

There's a link to Tamoko mod here https://baldurs-exte...pp.com/Tamoko/. Is it the same or another one?

#352 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

That's interesting. Yoshimo and Tamoko are siblings? They never meet in the game and I've never seen it stated anywhere.

There's a link to Tamoko mod here https://baldurs-exte...pp.com/Tamoko/. Is it the same or another one?

I recall that David Gaider stated somewhere that they were siblings but it was not stated in either BG1 or BG2.

#353 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:40 AM

There are couple of references of it in Unfinished business and/or Ascension mods. 

#354 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:15 AM

There are couple of references of it in Unfinished business and/or Ascension mods. 

Which basically means it's the devs idea, which basically makes it canon that they are siblings.

#355 Icezera

Icezera
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

Hi, can someone tell me exactly what the Mystra's Vapour skill does?

#356 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:42 AM

Hi, can someone tell me exactly what the Mystra's Vapour skill does?

Well, it is nasty area of effect spell which does some minor damage, blinds and drain strength/constitution/dexterity I don't remember which on failed saving throw vs BW but it is important to remember that if any of those attributes fall to zero creature in question is dead. Convenient  way to finish some fights without effort but at the price of not receiving experience points from slain enemies. 

P.S. Maybe I just described it's TDD version,  :P can't remember, it was a long time ago but anyway you have rough idea what it does... 

Edited by Greenhorn, 07 May 2018 - 02:08 AM.

#357 Icezera

Icezera
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

I have a question about romanced shar-teel in RTF. Do romances that start in bg2 such as aerie or viconia conflict with a romanced shar-teel in bg2? Previously I didn't care since shar-teel was gone after BG1. Also, if someone could tell me how she works with the SoD romances like viconia, I would really appreciate it.

#358 shgcbc

shgcbc
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Hi!I also want to know how can i trigger shar-teel giving birth? Nothing seems to happen by waiting or advancing real time.Thanks.

#359 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

Where is BGT version v1.11 of this mod? I can't find it anywhere.

#360 Ollidrak

Ollidrak
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:56 AM

Now at Iron Mine in Cloakwood.

Saved slaves, flooded mine (reputation gone to 19).

Then Sandrah out of the blue says that she bet on the wrong horse and leaves me and party.

What i did wrong?

Maybe for my BAD English? Do I miss somethin?

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.