7 replies to this topic

#1 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hello,

I have used BWS before to install mods for the BGT (using the original BG and BG2) plus for BG2EE.  Today was my first attempt at using BWS to install mods for a BGEE/BG2EE Trilogy setup.  I used the "Recommended" mod selection, with twelve additional, minor items selected.  It mostly went well, except for two minor errors.

1.  When downloading the selected mods, BWS was not able to find EEKeeper.  That was okay, though, since I already have a copy of that program.

2.  Also, towards the very beginning of the BWS mod install process, a message popped up saying that BWS could not locate a certain file on my computer (sorry, I forgot to write down the file name), so it believed that ToB was not installed, and BWS was therefore skipping the installation of Ascension v1.4.  In reality, BG2EE ToB is in fact installed on my computer, and I had previously started ToB, created a character, then saved the game, etc.  Not having the Ascension mod installed is okay with me, but I wanted to report the error here, as it appears to be a popular mod that others would likely be unhappy to skip.

Please let me know if you need me to upload any files here to help with troubleshooting.

Thanks..

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

Can you upload your WeiDU.log?  I recently changed BWS to use Ascension v1.5 so you might have an older version.  I will check EEKeeper too.  Thanks for the report!

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

I did a test install yesterday and saw the ascension issue too. The error I remember is:

I cannot find [Data/25Dialog.bif], which leads me to believe that you do not have the Throne of Bhaal expansion installed. You must have ToB installed to use install the Ascension mod. 

I notice in bg2ee/mod.ini it has two references for ascension:

Spoiler

So presumably it's a simple fix to remove the 1.4 references. Because yes it did download ascension 1.4 for me too (i don't have weidu.log for this quick test install).

Edited by zonx, 25 November 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#4 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

Thanks zonx.  Fixed the ini file.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#5 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the quick replies.

I believe I do have ToB installed, as it comes with BG2EE, plus I started ToB, created a character, and then saved that starting turn before running BWS.

Just checked my Big World downloads folder, and the version BWS downloaded this morning for me was v1.4.24.  If there is a newer version, then BWS will need to be updated to download it.

Am attaching a zipped copy of my WeiDU log as requested.

Best wishes.

Attached Files

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Torvald. BWS has been updated to download the new 1.5 Ascension instead.

#7 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

Hi,

Need to correct my earlier complaint that BWS could not locate EEKeeper in order to download it.

I did in fact receive an error message, but in checking my BWS Downloads folder this morning, I noticed that BWS actually did download EEKeeper v1.0.3.6 after all.

It was not auto installed, but that is okay, as I already have a manual install of the earlier EEKeeper v1.0.3.5, which should be good enough.

Best wishes.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

Yeah the tools aren't generally installed cause there's no need for that ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.