yowave
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

File Name: Way Of The Fist
File Submitter: yowave
File Submitted: 07 Dec 2016
File Category: BG:EE Mods

[Introduction]
This mod introduce a new kit under the monk class.
I always loved the monk class and plaid it in Baldur's gate and Never Winter Nights, but it wasn't the class i always dreamed of.
I always wanted to play as a martial artist, something close to those found in wuxia/xian xia stories (if you are into those kind of stories, please do yourself a favor and read "The Breaker" manhwa).

6 months ago i sat down and created the first version of the mod, and what will eventually become Way Of The Fist kit.
The first version was nice and had lot's of passive abilities that gave it an edge RP wise, but it had the same flaws of any other melee kit in the game, it was somewhat dull and boring.
What made it even more boring, was the fact that i couldn't use any magical items.
So i sat once more and rewrote the old kit in a way that made it much more engaging for me to play with.
Today i am sharing this kit with you, with the hope of making someone smile, and getting some feedback's and maybe some new ideas.

The new version is much more engaging:
1. you can use any ability without any pauses.
2. It introduces a new game mechanic called Ki Pool which fuels your abilities, whenever you use an ability it subtracts number of ki points from that pool.
for example, casting Quivering Palm will subtract 5 ki points.
one need to be cautious though, using an ability which requires 3 ki points while having only 1 ki point will drain the user life force to fuel the ability, 1 ki point equals to 15HP.
3. It introduces new abilities and passives.

[Kit description]

Spoiler

[Compatibility]
The mod should work with BG2:EE and BG1:EE.

Steam/GOG SOD dlc:
You can install it after merging SOD with BG1:EE installation.
Can find instructions HERE.

Beamdog SOD:
No idea, if someone knows how to install this on Beamdog version please post the instructions.

[Install order]
The core component should be installed before any mod that tweak the game.
The Magical Items Restriction should be installed AFTER any mod that adds new items to the game!

[README]
You can find the readme inside WayeOfTheFist folder.

Click here to download this file