region of terror on EE / EET

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

If someone is interested i have done for personal use, some minor change to get mods working on EET.
And for the big mod, i converted them to EE (partialy, at least the installation is without error or warning)

and theoretically not losing the compatibilty with BG2

patch v1 Attached File  RoT_for_EE_EET.rar   1.51MB   312 downloads

patch v2 Attached File  RoT_for_EE_EET_v2.rar   1.51MB   461 downloads

v1
- HANDLE_CHARSETS for EE
- chapter patching for EET
- deprecate the GUI
- deprecate the old uninstall procedure
- not overwrite animate.ids with EE
- deprecate kit patching (was wrong)
- deprecate the GUI switcher (never worked)
- for the animation the mod now use the animation from EE or EET and only copy the animation in BG2classic
- deprecate the batch file use to install tileset, the mod now use LAF HANDLE_AUDIO and LAF HANDLE_TILESETS
- fixe missing ambiant in RA3706.ARE and RR3104.ARE (was donne in the batch file)
- make level 50 ruleset optional
- add tisunpack.exe and iconv.exe in the correct subfolder
- deprecate the biffing (it was done in the bat file, rendering the mod impossible to uninstall) the GENERALIZED_BIFFING mod is recommanded for BG2classic

- EET converter file patching for the chapter change

v2
- new tootip patching using tooltip.tpa
- rr3101.BAF screen FadeToColor loop fix

- the level-50 ruleset and the new kit are now skipped under EE

and the game install fine under EE and EET and should still be fully compatible with BG2classic

i only tested irenicus dongeon, wulfgar, drizzt, the 3 cutscene, the arena and westchar are fine under EET (and with all the big mod (ctb, SoS, TDDz, TS and NEJ3)

the BiG World Fixpack is still require (the patch can be installed after or before, but if installed before the fixpack you will have armless patching failed warning)

the small portrait for NPC are too small on EE

Attached File  BAF.rar   4.03K   216 downloads

Edited by Ikki, 01 August 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

You may also consider to convert the area's tis files to the Tis + PVRZ formats for EE. The advantages are

a) you just need to copy the tis and pvrz files to override (no packing/unpacking etc)

b) you avoid (most of) the graphical issues that mod added maps still show in EE/EET

I have done similar to the NTotSC_interim for EET - it is not too much work and the results are far better than the old methods used by the legacy mods.

Avoid biffing altogether - at least for the EET version (I cannot speak for BG2EE solo, I never use it), it is not necessary but we have found hints already that some of the new EE file formats do not like it.

Question - is the EET worldmap sufficient for the mod or does it need BP-BGT Worldmap?

PS - I will surely try your conversion in my next playthrough (the current one is too late, I am already in Underdark).

Edited by Roxanne, 19 December 2016 - 12:10 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

The mod need the BP-BGT Worldmap

By the way Roxanne, I have a question

Spoiler

and a second, if you have played NEJ, the mod overwrite ar0700 (wauken's promenade)

is something special happening here? is this change really necessary for the story ?

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

The mod need the BP-BGT Worldmap

By the way Roxanne, I have a question

Spoiler

and a second, if you have played NEJ, the mod overwrite ar0700 (wauken's promenade)

is something special happening here? is this change really necessary for the story ?

For your spoiler

Spoiler

I cannot comment on NEJ, I never played it and never will. I await IWD-in-EET. NEJ (the BGT version) was always incompatible with the majority of mods I use and its author has violently rejected EE/EET on every occasion, so what...(forget about it, not worth the trouble.).

Edited by Roxanne, 19 December 2016 - 01:23 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#5 -dontwork-

-dontwork-

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:39 AM

the BiG World Fixpack fixe are still require

But some of those patches are failing for you Setup-RoT.tp2:

processing fixes from Fixpack folder "BiG_World_Fixpack/RoTerror"

! BiG_World_Fixpack\_utils\patch.exe -p0 -f --verbose --no-backup-if-mismatch --ignore-whitespace < "BiG_World_Fixpack/RoTerror/Setup-RoT.tp2.patch" | BiG_World_Fixpack\_utils\tee.exe -a "_ApplyPatches_verbose.log"
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch; use --binary to disable.)
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- RoTerror\Setup-RoT.tp2     2016-11-19 03:12:42.247331500 -0500
|+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\RoTerror\Setup-RoT.tp2    2016-11-18 20:39:10.636217700 -0500
--------------------------
patching file 'RoTerror\Setup-RoT.tp2'
Using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2 with fuzz 1.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 83.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 181.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 322 (offset 29 lines).
Hunk #5 FAILED at 3516.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 682 with fuzz 2 (offset -2841 lines).
Hunk #7 FAILED at 3550.
Hunk #8 succeeded at 6324 (offset -2616 lines).
Hunk #9 succeeded at 6833 (offset -2616 lines).
4 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file 'RoTerror\Setup-RoT.tp2.rej'
done
Appending to files ...

Installation BiG World Fixpack finished!

Setup-RoT.tp2.rej http://pastebin.com/raw/MAECHtnq

Can you just post a working copy of the mod which will only require extracting and installation, not hacking?

#6 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

Can you just post a working copy of the mod which will only require extracting and installation, not hacking?

I hope that the big mod get an update, or that abg1 or alien can host them in the meantime on the BiGWorldProject Repositories.

and the patch for the tp2 are failing because some part of the tp2 have changed.

(i ignore those errors and still apply the BiG World Fixpack, it will patch the other file)

Edited by Ikki, 20 December 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#7 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:36 AM

Just a little change to the fixe above

COPY_EXISTING ~ABISHAI1.CRE~ ~override~
~GODABIS1.CRE~ ~override~
~GODABIS2.CRE~ ~override~
~REMORHAZ.CRE~ ~override~
~REMORLE.CRE~ ~override~
WRITE_LONG 0x28 0xE288    -> 0xE288 is change to 0xE28B
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I will edit the fixe accordingly

#8 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

1- the animation for the cyclops ( and probably the ettins too, not sure ) are missing if the game is only installed on BG2EE.

2-  in the arena the game only recognizes the kits of the original NPC's and the RoT NPC's only. I changed Wulfgar to a ranger/cleric and he was still chosen to fight in the arena as a fighter  while Keldorn who I changed to a barbarian was not considered a fighter. the arena script does not recognise also the added kits ( not sure if the same for the mage quest but I think it's OK)

3- and can you fix the irritating to beyond belief screen flickering when visiting the Arlax smithy and then all Arlax area once the student Pip Grayfoot leaves the smithy after you give him the Rock of a Glowing Star ( quest for the eye of the god).

4- can you or Roxanne give a spoiler about where the fifth Haman encounter is?

thank you very much for all your work

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

4- can you or Roxanne give a spoiler about where the fifth Haman encounter is?

Spoiler

I do not remember the details, I never had the patience to deal with these Noobers until the end...

Edited by Roxanne, 30 April 2017 - 09:24 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#10 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

Thank you for the feedback psychlopes

I have done some more fixe

- The tooltip patching is now done using tooltip.tpa

- i try to find the screen flickering source (it's a bug in the original mod) and i find 2 block that could loop, it may now be fixed (not sure)

- the cyclop will now look like cyclop in EET and bg2 classic, and like ettins in BG2EE

- the level-50 ruleset are now skipped under EE

Edited by Ikki, 15 May 2017 - 04:10 AM.

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

Final finding after more thorough testing:

The mod works on EET only but not on BG2EE since it uses resources from the BG1 part of the game which are only present in EET. This encompasses Wed, Tis and cre-file resources.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

Final finding after more thorough testing:

The mod works on EET only but not on BG2EE since it uses resources from the BG1 part of the game which are only present in EET. This encompasses Wed, Tis and cre-file resources.

I have tried to identify the missing files for BG2EE and added them.

This requires confirmation from anyone who plays the BG2EE version. I cannot test that game myself.

The Sandrah Saga