• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

File Name: Will of the Wisps - Shamanic enhancements
File Submitter: Lava Del'Vortel
File Submitted: 08 Jan 2017
File Category: BG:EE Mods

mttnjfva7tp4.jpg

The mod introduces many shamanic improvements to BG Series. After playing Siege of Dragonspear I had a feeling that shamans in BG1 and BG2 would use some nice additions. Keep in mind that the mod was created with BG2 in mind, so if you try to install the mod on BG1, you will only see the component with the new shamanic kit. In mod you can find:

=> the brand new shaman kit: Witchlight Shaman
=> Shaman's Stronghold along with optional change of shaman's class description (to erase "no stronghold" line)
=> Brand new NPC - Will, the undead witchlight shaman (may be joined on the Shaman's stronghold area, which is available for every CHARNAME)
=> A mini-quest to restore a certain area's power (first Stronghold quest which is available to every PC)
=> Optional new items for shamans and exclusive items for undead NPCs (like Will or Hexxat)
=> Optional new enemy types: driders and treants (you may now encounter just few of these)

INSTALLATION AND COMPATIBILITY:

Install like any other WeiDU mod, by unzipping the mod in your BG2EE game directory and running Setup-willowisp.exe on Windows or equivalent on other platforms.
You must have an EE version of the game updated to v2.0 or higher. The mod should be compatible with any other WeiDU mod.
This mod also can be installed with (after) the Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET), before EET_End.

FAQ:

Q: When/Where can I find Will or the shaman stronghold?
A: After destroying the Shade Lord, you will encounter a wisp. Listening to it will start the short quest leading to both.

Q: Will dies instantly when I travel to a different location! Help!
A: Read his joining dialogue... he states that he physically can't leave without visiting his grave first.

Q: How often will I need to return to the stronghold?
A: You will be notified three days since the previous event.

Q: Does Will have conflicts with other NPCs?
A: No. He might not get along so well with everyone, but he won't fight with them.

Q: Can I romance Will?
A: No. You can try, but he'll turn you down. However, he might have something to say if you romance another party member.

Q: Any crossmod content?
A: Yes. If installed, Will may have a small talk (or two) with: Foundling, Pai'Na, Petsy, Quayle, Sirene.

CREDITS:

Mod author: Lava Del'Vortel
Kit, feedback, text editing, testing and debugging: Artemius_I
Testing and debugging: agb1
Additional technical help: argent77
Voicing: Soul
Music source: Planescape: Torment; Laurent Danis (https://www.jamendo....k/689398/rituel)
Stock image used for the portrait: NikitaKalevala (http://nikitakaleval...Stock-624283061)
Thank you to all players who decided to try out this and my other mods I created over the years.

Click here to download this file

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:23 AM

Dear Players!

It's been so many years since I released my first project. And I just couldn't stop there. I would keep releasing new projects and while it takes more time these days, I still keep providing you new mods. I just like it. In the same time, my mods are all over different sites and sometimes it's hard to get everyone informed about new releases, new updates, remember about all the threads... I also like trying new things. Because of that, I've decided to centralize my work. That means I am moving almost all my mods to... well, a brand new place: Weasel Mods Forums.

There are some project I won't move, though: like those that are part of something bigger than just me. Like projects I released as a part of NPC IEP mods (Valygar Friendship, Minsc Friendship, etc.) or Yoshimo's Remorse I released along with jmaeq.

Nevertheless, if you are looking for my mods, use these links: www.weaselmods.net (forum), www.downloads.weaselmods.net (download)
There is an alternative download powered by DropBox - use it when the usual download site doesn't work:
www.dropbox.com/sh/56dr4q8h2q7djri/AACJfi0A2mV7hFlH3eqDLTcEa?dl=0

I hope you'll enjoy the new place. Perhaps it's not as modern, some solutions may seem a bit outdated, but... I just hope the new site will serve the purpose and that you'll find it at least "ok". The old download links may expire in a while as with time those mods will be removed from SHS. Because of the same reason, mods I uploaded at Beamdog forums will also be available only at Weasel Mods.

Best wishes! Thanks to everyone who's been supporting me for years now. That includes both other modders and all the players that gave my mods a chance! Also thanks to Spellhold Studios, Gibberlings Three, Pocket Plane Group and all the other modding websites out there! You rock!

Lava Del'Vortel