Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

Chloe NPC for EET

thumb-17866bc0989dec9f57665b5bd286cfd3-c

DOWNLOAD

Original Mod Description

Chloe is a female kensai NPC. She is romanceable by human, elven, and half-elven females (although Imoen must be in the party for the romance to succeed). If the PC is male or not interested in a romance or Chloe is not interested in a romance with the PC and Imoen is in the party, she will romance Imoen. Yes, as you may be pleased or shocked to hear, Chloe is a lesbian romance mod!

Chloe is found in the Air Pocket-Plane in Irenicus' Dungeon (and is not compatible with Dungeon-Be-Gone). She has a big added quest, special abilities, flirts and lovetalks. She banters with every Bioware NPC at least twice. Unlike the Bioware romances, Chloe does not push herself onto you, in absence of rejection. Chloe will only romance a PC that interests her, and the dialogue choice to increase her interest might not always be apparent. She is not guaranteed to remain with the player at the Tree of Life, and may decide that her life is more important than yours!

EET Version
- Revised personal items useable only by Chloe
- New portrait for Chloe
- Journal adaptation for EE
- Kit adapted to EE
- Personal weapons repaired, - minor bug fixes + removal of unused code, - Imoen banters fixed for EET

New Contents
- additional SoA banters
- Chloe works for Lathander against the beholder cult and may gain the temple stronghold on behalf of the party (if Player does not qualify in the first place)
- Chloe slaver encounter triggers for all players (additional test for tree of life)
- Chloe stays in male party at tree of life if Imoen or Sandrah is with you

ToB contents
- Chloe cannot be summoned into ToB by fate spirit but has higher chance to stay at SoA end
- several ToB banters (to be expanded)
- Chloe confronts Illasera (Chloe slaver quest final)
- Volo recognises Chloe
- Gorion wraith recognises Chloe
- Chloe finds her father and her final set of swords
- Reactions on Charname's decision at ToB final

Note: This version may as well be useable in BG2EE, this however has not been tested yet.

Support and Bug reporting

Edited by Argent77, 21 September 2022 - 11:07 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:26 AM

Nice, I think I once played with Chloe many many years ago. Gonna try her out in one of my next installs!

A quick question: From what I gather there was originally no ToB content for her and that is all your work. Since there is no Imoen romance mentioned in the ToB content list, does that mean that the romance will just stop after SoA?

I kind of like the idea of having none protagonist romances going on in the party, so having ToB content for this would in my opinion be a real selling point for the mod.

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:38 AM

Nice, I think I once played with Chloe many many years ago. Gonna try her out in one of my next installs!

A quick question: From what I gather there was originally no ToB content for her and that is all your work. Since there is no Imoen romance mentioned in the ToB content list, does that mean that the romance will just stop after SoA?

I kind of like the idea of having none protagonist romances going on in the party, so having ToB content for this would in my opinion be a real selling point for the mod.

There is an Imoen Romance if the player is not a female, otherwise she may romance the PC. She also makes advances to some other female NPCs in the party.

At thiis stage I have not (yet) continued any of those romance paths - mainly because each of them come to their (sorrry) *climax* already during SoA. There is not really anything to add other than some indication that the romance is still active. This is why I added some more generic stuff that rather adds to her (originally unfinished) main plot.

Also I did not want to collide with Imoen romance or any PC romance that may come into bloom in ToB.

Last point - I am considering her as a possible NPC for the Sandrah add-ons after ToB. If so, she is best solo again by this time.

Anyway, Chloe in her original inherited form was a character that was not made for *eternal love*, but rather one to change her (female) lovers frequently as her quicksilver temper changes.

The Sandrah Saga

#4 Ulb

Ulb
  • Modder
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

There is an Imoen Romance if the player is not a female, otherwise she may romance the PC. She also makes advances to some other female NPCs in the party.

At thiis stage I have not (yet) continued any of those romance paths - mainly because each of them come to their (sorrry) *climax* already during SoA. There is not really anything to add other than some indication that the romance is still active. This is why I added some more generic stuff that rather adds to her (originally unfinished) main plot.

Also I did not want to collide with Imoen romance or any PC romance that may come into bloom in ToB.

Last point - I am considering her as a possible NPC for the Sandrah add-ons after ToB. If so, she is best solo again by this time.

Anyway, Chloe in her original inherited form was a character that was not made for *eternal love*, but rather one to change her (female) lovers frequently as her quicksilver temper changes.

I see, thank you. Might still be interesting to keep her in the party with Imoen for SoA. Though, the way you describe her ..uhm.. interactions I'm not sure the mod is for me. I recently gave Romantic Encounters a try but that kind of stuff really isn't my cup of tea.

Anyway, thanks for putting in the work and updating this mod for EET!

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

I see, thank you. Might still be interesting to keep her in the party with Imoen for SoA. Though, the way you describe her ..uhm.. interactions I'm not sure the mod is for me. I recently gave Romantic Encounters a try but that kind of stuff really isn't my cup of tea.

Anyway, thanks for putting in the work and updating this mod for EET!

The original modder stated this:

Yes, as you may be pleased or shocked to hear, Chloe is a lesbian romance mod!

Imoen or the PC are neither her first nor her last partner in that, she often refers to her manyfold experiences, Aran's daughter (subject of an extra quest if you ally with the shadow thieves) is one example for it.

PS - (Yes, I have a knack for those NPCs that do not follow the standard pattern, Chloe was always controversial, accused to be overpowered, politically incorrect and what-not. And this is what I like about her...)

The Sandrah Saga

#6 StefanO

StefanO
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

I'm playing Chloe on BG2:EE. I found a minor problem during level up: 19 empty +- slots. Please see the attached screen shot. 

ChloeLevelUp.jpg

Edited by StefanO, 24 February 2017 - 07:08 AM.

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:55 AM

I checked it in my EET install once again, there is no such issue

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2017 - 07:57 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#8 StefanO

StefanO
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:52 AM

The file name was ChloeEET.rar

I'm using BG2:EE on OSX. You asked for some testing. Otherwise the mod works fine so far.

WeiDU.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~CHLOE/CHLOE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chloe for EET (Original Contents): v1.6 EE
~CHLOE/CHLOE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Chloe EET (Extended contents - ATTENTION ONLY ENGLISH): v1.6 EE
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Replace Low Quality TOB & SOA Portraits: 1.01
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Original Version (new upgrades in a list): v40 BWP Fix
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Original Version (new upgrades in a list): v40 BWP Fix
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v26
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v26
~NPC_TWEAK/NPC_TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Cernd: v6
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.80
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v16 BWP Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v16 BWP Fix
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #510 // Randomly not randomise items: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #520 // Kangaxx further sealed away: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #540 // Randomise the heads of the Flail of Ages: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #560 // More Spell Shield scrolls: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #570 // Randomise the appearance of cursed items: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1300 // Randomise items -> Mode 2: Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #9050 // Make Gromnir a proper Barbarian: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #10210 // Duergar merchants: proto-7 160228
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #10300 // Prevent Watcher's Keep statues from disappearing: proto-7 160228
~K9QUICKSAVE/SETUP-K9QUICKSAVE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install 1 Quick Save Slot: v1.0

Edited by StefanO, 24 February 2017 - 08:55 AM.

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

May OSX be the issue? This looks more like some GUI type issue than something directly related to the mod.

Or the additional kit is not handled correctly?

In your installed mods I see nothing that could could be candidate for the issue.

If you did not have the issue previously on any level up, my assumption is that the HLA capabilities may not be handled correctly by OSX (but to be honest, I know nothing about that platform at all...)

Could you post a savegame of the issue?

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2017 - 09:31 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#10 StefanO

StefanO
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

I don't think OSX is to blame. I'm using OSX for BG:EE, BG2:EE, and IWD:EE gaming since they were available. With almost no mod related problems.

A save file is attached as requested.

Attached File  ChloeBeforeLebvelUp.zip   447.12K   271 downloads

#11 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

This is how Chloe from your save looks in my game:

This means that the issue seems to be in your installation rather than in the mod.

I also checked all her values with Near Infinity and can find nothing wrong with the saved cre-file. Her displayed stars (in my screenshot) are reflected in her file, plus 2 stars for two-weapon style not visible without scrolling but they are there as well.

I hope someone with some knowledge in osx will read this.

One thing for you to check (cannot be done from my install) is what her class and kit are in your game.

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2017 - 11:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#12 StefanO

StefanO
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

Can you please scroll the proficiency slots down? The empty 19 +- slots are are at the bottom of the list.

I'm missing no pips. Everything is fine except the unusual empty slots at the end of the list. Like I said before it's probably a minor problem, if it is a problem at all.

Thank you so much for taking care.

Edited by StefanO, 24 February 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:06 PM

Can you please scroll the proficiency slots down? The empty 19 +- slots are are at the bottom of the list.

Maybe I finally found something odd in your install

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v16 BWP Fix 
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16 BWP Fix

This mod has been replaced and updated for the current BG2EE and is now this

Tweaks Anthology vBeta 5 or later (previously known as BG2 Tweak Pack)

The installation is different for old game vs. EE. This may put extra lines to your proficency screen which should be somewhere else, e,g, HLA. There may be some compatibility issue here

The Sandrah Saga

#14 StefanO

StefanO
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

Maybe. I'll probably find time this weekend for a fresh install with only Chloe and cdtweaks.

#15 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

Maybe. I'll probably find time this weekend for a fresh install with only Chloe and cdtweaks.

Hold on for a minute...

I did a new insttall a few days ago - I am not yet at the point where I had recruited Chloe but now I cheated her in, My former references were to my last install but now in the new one I also have these extra lines.So same issue that you have.

Chloe has not changed between the two installs (just added a bit more banters and quest).

But now I have more tweak mods I did not have before.

Logic would say that the source must be a mod we have in common and which deals with this area. Compare your weidu with mine.

- I already use CDTweaks instead of BG2_TWEAKS and I did not have any of them last time

- We both have RR and I did not have it last time

I need to find which common files they change and if that may affect Chloe or her kit.

The Sandrah Saga

#16 StefanO

StefanO
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

One of the Murphy's Computer Laws most programmers agree to is

• Bugs will appear in one part of a working program when another 'unrelated' part is modified.

Applied to our discussion: After a fresh install, and installing only Chloe and cdtweaks, the problem still exists unchanged.

Edited by StefanO, 24 February 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#17 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

I have found the issue but not the reason why it was not in my last install.

Weapprof.2da ExtraSlots are filled for Chloe's kit, something inherited from the original mod but obviously without impact until now.

I suggest to replace Chloe.tp2 in the mod folder with this one, in case you plan another install.

PS - Just tested it and the extra lines are gone.

If you do not want to do a new install, you can also do it directly (e.g. with NI) in the Weapprof.2da - go to the column for YRKensai and scroll down - replace in the bottom 19 lines the 5 by 0 and save

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2017 - 02:14 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#18 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

@ StefanO

Sorry for all that inconvenience, but thank you for the patience and for being the guinea pig.

Hard to trace this one because it was in the core of the original mod but somehow never became visible.

The Sandrah Saga

#19 StefanO

StefanO
  • 22 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

@ StefanO

Sorry for all that inconvenience, but thank you for the patience and for being the guinea pig.

Hard to trace this one because it was in the core of the original mod but somehow never became visible.

Don't mention it. It was fun being able to help a little.

#20 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

Imoen or the PC are neither her first nor her last partner in that, she often refers to her manyfold experiences, Aran's daughter (subject of an extra quest if you ally with the shadow thieves) is one example for it.

PS - (Yes, I have a knack for those NPCs that do not follow the standard pattern, Chloe was always controversial, accused to be overpowered, politically incorrect and what-not. And this is what I like about her...)

I'm going by memory here (and let's face it... it's been over a decade) but Aran's daughter wasn't a former lover. Chloe was hired to be her bodyguard in a time of internal power struggles for the Thieves Guild. Chloe spent quite a bit of time with her and thus grew fond of her, but at the time Aran's daughter was still a child (maybe in the 8-12 range?). It would have been a few years since then so she might have been a young to mid-teen during the quest.

You are right in that Chloe's natural leanings would be more toward a more temporary affectionate friendship though. Whether that developed into more would have depended on the friendship/romance path and player interpretation.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EET, NPC