• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

Hi All:

Tried to make a game with BWS.  BWS found most of the mods but could not find some older mods.  The mods it was not able to download were:

Jim's Fixes and Tweaks

Dark Side of the Sword Coast

The Grey Clan Episode

BG1 NPC Project

Fishing for Trouble

Except for Jim's Fixes and Tweaks, the other four are older mods which always installed in the past and also in my last game a few months ago.  The files are still in my BWS Mod Files folder which is where I tell BWS to find them.  BWS claims it cannot download them because of the file sizes are not correct.

Thank for any help,

Tom

#2 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

HI ALL:

Made another game like the one above.  This time only Jim's Fixes and Tweaks and Dark Side of the Sword Coast could not be loaded by BWS.

I understand Jim's Fixes and Tweaks is a recent mod addition and in a non-standard location.  But Dark Side of the Sword Coast is an old mod which is still available in SHS.  What is wrong with BWS that it cannot recognize DSotSC?  It is one I really like.

Thanks for any help,

Tom 

#3 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

Tom, what game type are you installing?  BGT?

When BWS fails to download a mod, you should be able to choose the 'p'rovide option followed by either 'd'ownload (opens a browser window with the download link for the mod) or 's'elect (opens a file explorer window in the BWS download folder so you can tell BWS which archive to use).

If you chose 'd'ownload, make sure you move the downloaded mod archive (zip/rar/7z etc) from the browser's downloads folder to the BWS downloads folder before you 'c'ontinue in BWS.

After you provide the mod, if BWS still doesn't like the file size, you can 'f'orce it to accept the archive.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#4 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hi agb1:

Here is some information from the test that BWS runs confirming the URLs for the mods.

"Dark Side of the Sword Coast

Hint: The name or size of the download has changed (DSotSC-v217.7z /38037900 > DSotSC-v217.7z / 20617260). This should be an updated version. Archive found (19.66 MB)"

I used the URL from above.  It takes you to DSotSC in SHS Downloads.   I downloaded the file  DSotSC-v217.7z and check its properties.  The size is 20,617,260 bytes.  The size on disk is 20,619,264 bytes. Note the file size that BWS should look for is  20617260 bytes.  So why is BWS not recognizing DSotSC-v217.7z as the correct DSotSC file??? Where does the 38037900 bytes number come from?  My reasoning leads me to believe that BWS has a misspelled mod name or a wrong file size.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 09 January 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#5 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

BWS uses a different version of DSotSC (v3.0) for EE vs. classic.  The EE size overwrote the classic size.  I just reverted it, so next time you start BWS "with updates" it should recognize the BGT DSotSC v217 archive.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#6 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

Hi agb1:

I will go and start a new game now. If it does not work, I will post that here.

I will try to find DSotSC(V3.0) for EE and try that too.

Tom

#7 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

The EET version cannot be used with classic BG. The issue was in the BWS ini files - you have the correct v217 archive.